2005-2010 [ANT10]

How was your Scion buying experience?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ehj
I'm sure many salespeople are good people, but many are also disgusting dirty sharks. But it's your money and you gotta get the most out of it.
On that same note, that $3000 is part of their income and they will try to make as much as they can off you. You abuse them, they abuse you or someone else. The "not in my backyard" attitude from both sides really make purchasing a car...a pain. I guess that's why I like Scion's set pricing. 30 minutes with my Longo Scion rep and I'm done. Well, except for the part where I had to wait 45 minutes for a Toyota Financial guy. So my experience in buying a Scion was great until I had to talk to a Toyota person.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

^ I agree... Toyota guys are totally different. I've seen this from the inside...

Education is the best solution for a good experience... they still have to make money, and if want you want price wise, payment wise, APR wise allows them a reasonable profit and is a good deal for you... it makes it the best...

I ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS finance outside of the dealer, and take dealer cash back on specials if they have them... it's insanely easier and you just go in, know the price, get the car, pay the price and leave... saves hours in the dealer and gives them only one place to get you, which is price (which isn't an issue for Scions) or Trade in value, which I always estimate low and am usually correct...

All in all though... I've seen what sales managers do.... Do not finance through them, as in order to get what you really deserve, you ALWAYS have to go back and forth, and they'll give you higher APR than you deserve, as they can sell it off and make more money later....

If you do the right things, your experience can be good... go in uneducated or unreasonable in regards to what you want for price and it can be hell.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was good. I went in that day intially to just check out the tC before i head over to the honda dealer to buy the new civic. Long story short.. i walked out with the tC.. Everything went pretty smoothly. Test drove it, talked it over, paper work..etc.. and then left a few hours later. At first, didnt really seem real that i was driving my new car.
________
Plymouth howler specifications

Last edited by 06CStC; 02-28-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine was pretty good. scion sales guy gave me his personal cell as well. i had originally ordered a superwhite auto, he said it would take about 4 weeks go get in. he advised me that he had already ordered a superwhite 5-spd, which he was gonna take for himself, but was no longer going to cuz he found a used bimmer. so a day or 2 after i paid my deposit, i told him i wanted the manual instead. it came in about a week later. he called me the second it rolled off the truck (so that no one can test drive it) and i got it with a whole 1 mile on the odo. he was a good guy, and the experience was good, paid in FULL, so no hassle of APR and such. (the service dept. was another story....)

my ONLY gripe?! ATLANTIC TOYOTA/SCION had advertised that "with a purchase of any vehicle, you would get a complimentary cruise for 2, including airfare, NO STRINGS ATTACHED". well, when i asekd for it, he said that i needed to drive home with it the same day i came in, which is the day i made the deposit. ummm....that looks like a STRING to me!!! *sigh*, oh well.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member

With the 2007's coming soon, do the 2006's get discounted towards the end of the year inspite of the Pure Pricing?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine started out crappy then fell into place one day.

I was looking for a FM or BSP 5spd. The salesman told me that they would have to do a dealer trade, and it might take a while to locate one. He called me later that week and told me that they had a FM 5spd and I should come down to look at it and sign papers. When I got there, he told me that it was getting detailed but we could work on the paperwork in the meantime. I told him I wanted to see it first. I waited about 30 minutes before they pulled it up on the lot, and what do you know, it was an auto!

The next week he called me again and told me that they had another one and that this time he was 100% sure it was a 5spd. When I got there, once again it was getting detailed…. Then he started asking about a deposit since the finance guy was gone for the day and I wouldn’t be able to do the paperwork until the next day after I got off work, and he was afraid it would get sold by then. He wanted me to put down $500 but I told him I could only come up with about $200 that day. He went to “talk to his supervisor” then came back and told me that he made a mistake and that the car was sold already.

I called the next week and was told that they couldn’t locate another one yet but would call me back when they did. I then called a dealership 200 miles away, and they told me they had a BSP 5spd on the lot for about a week and a half. I asked if I could put a deposit on it and then pick it up that weekend. He said I could put $100 down on a credit card, and that they wouldn’t even charge it unless I didn’t show up.

I drove down there, walked in the showroom, and there was my car with a big “SOLD” sign on it, I freaked out a little at first and then read the fine print which was actually my last name…… They told me they pulled it inside so nothing would happen over the week and it would be ready as soon as I got there.

I wanted to get a pedestal spoiler, but they didn’t have one of that color at the time. Instead they gave me complimentary floor/cargo mats since I would have to return in a week to get the spoiler installed. When I went in to get the spoiler installed, they gave me a loaner car and a voucher to the movie theater so I could pass the time.

Some salesmen don’t know what they’re doing and just jerk you around. But other’s definitely know how to promote the Scion experience…
Old 09-22-2006, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by simple_joe
With the 2007's coming soon, do the 2006's get discounted towards the end of the year inspite of the Pure Pricing?
As that didn't happen the first two years, and given that they're holding their value so well (considering used sell for > new in some markets), there's little to no chance of finding a "discounted" '06.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Nope... Pure Pricing for Scion is SOLID... and a great deal... as you'll pay more for a used....
Old 09-22-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The 07's are already out. No deal on the 06's, doubt they would even have a new 06 on the lot.

The only problem I had was that the sales manager tried to get me on a 10.9% interest rate.

I know they try to get you on a couple of points all the time, but he wouldn't budge on that number, he said that my credit was tier 3 when I know it wasn't......needless to say about 1 hour later it was lowered to 7.5% after he showed my credit report, but they way over allowed on my trade-in so i was happy.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member

My deal on my silver tC went very smoothly. I walked into the dealership, asked if they had any on hand. They had the dark gray and silver. Driving to the dealership I wanted silver. I was able to drive it home a couple hours later. That was the first day that I'd been out to go track down a tC. It was much easier than I thought - with no extended waiting period.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the owner of the Toyota Dealer near me knows my dad very well so the day we went we got the best service available. The owner walked out asked what we were looking at and told us to take one for a spin. Went in grabbed keys for one and didnt even ask for liscenses to copy. When we got back asked how we liked it sat down with us and figured the total with what i wanted on it. Since this was the 6th toyota he took 3000 off the price and we accepted...... im still waiting for it to come in from the port though only about one more week
Old 10-07-2006, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

after looking at 3 different toyota dealerships finally found one with about 10 tc's in stock including my rs2. the salesman knew everything about the car and everything went over smooth. just the extra 2 hr wait to finally drive it off the lot was the only thing that could have been better.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

mine was actually horrible... at first he said when i wanted to order it would take 20-30 days - and then when i told him to order it for me he said it would be no less than 90 days - which was bull____ - and then after i ordered it he tries to sell me a VOLKSWAGON GOLF!!!!!! car dealers are all the same - scam artists - oh and then he said i could lease the car for 270 a month when if i just bought it the price would be 288 a month and he said i should lease it...what an idiot
Old 10-08-2006, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

mine was actually horrible... at first he said when i wanted to order it would take 20-30 days - and then when i told him to order it for me he said it would be no less than 90 days - which was bull____ - and then after i ordered it he tries to sell me a VOLKSWAGON GOLF!!!!!! car dealers are all the same - scam artists - oh and then he said i could lease the car for 270 a month when if i just bought it the price would be 288 a month and he said i should lease it...what an idiot