Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

I am gonna lemon law my Tc... South Florida

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to sound like a noob but what exactly does lemon law mean?
Old 11-10-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

google it
Old 11-11-2007, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Engineering a car design that doesn't rattle and squeak costs no more on a 150,000 dollar car, I'd suspect.

HOWEVER.....

Cheaper components made from less expensive materials could and usually DO propagate annoying results!

My tC makes no noise but a sweet exhaust tone and an awesome intake whine...

Music to my ears!!!

---Paul
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

captainlaziness,

My 2005 corolla, and my 1990 corolla both were cheaper than my tC do not have rattles like this.

My tC has 24,000 on it and has been going crazy with the noise starting around 6 months. And the people that are talking about these rattles have more rattles than you have, some cars have it some do not. I have had a lot of cars and have traveled in a lot of cars and know this is far worse than any other car that’s not 10 years or older. It was a design issue Toyota did not design well.

Another thing is one day it will be not to bad, and the next it will go ape____ with the noise like it’s going to fall apart.

If you like I would gladly take you for a ride in my car so you can compare it to yours, and see the difference. Although with all your mods, your car is to far from stock that you might have fixed the issue?

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
Man, some people realy get bent outta shape bacause of some rattles. You bought a $17,000 dollar Scion not a $150,000+ Bently. It's gonna make some noise.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
Man, some people realy get bent outta shape bacause of some rattles. You bought a $17,000 dollar Scion not a $150,000+ Bently. It's gonna make some noise.
It's funny that you should mention that...

Originally Posted by Motor Trend Magazine (First Test:2007 Bentley Arnage T)
The glovebox door refused to stay shut, dropping open over medium-size bumps or any time someone inside coughed. We haven't noted this problem on $11,000 Hyundais.
Press the remote-locking key fob, and the alarm system arms itself with four slow, rhythmic pings loud enough to be picked up by NORAD. Everyone in the neighborhood now knows the $300,000 car is back home for the night.
The steering wheel sits at such a high angle (even when adjusted to its lowest position) you could drape a Labrador retriever across your lap and still have room to squeeze in a bichon fris.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...tley_arnage_t/
Old 11-11-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^I would be SO ____ed!!!

But it doesn't suprise me at all.....
Old 11-11-2007, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i got an 08 Tc i only get alittle sqeak from the TRD lowering kit when i go up a driveway or down one, but nothing crazy, and the Road Noise i cant stand but besides that i love the car
Old 11-11-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to say that on my '06 tc I have never heard any abnormal noise. The only thing now is that the headliner on the passenger side came unclipped or something the other day, right where the sunroof is. I just punched it and it clicked back in place but it happened again today. Pushed it back up and its fine. If it keeps happening I might take it in to get looked at.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the 07 tc.. my exhaust rattles lol getting the new exhaust soon.. but if its all silent in my car driving i get the high pitched squeek from the sun roof i think it sucks!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Just ran into this thread. I have the same problem as this threads author. I took the car in 11 times. On the 9th time after replacing everything from the headliner to all interior trim pieces they found that the rattle was a broken weld in the rear of the car. It took a ____ing Japanese Engineer that they sent to Seattle to figure it out. The rattle was fixed by the body shop at the dealership and they totally ____ed it up. The damn hatch is welded cockeyed into place and there is a nearly one inch gap on the passenger side and a gap smaller than a piece of paper on the drivers side. Well, three weeks after they welded it and what not it the rattle came back. It went in two times after that and this last time (11th time) they found that the welds are once again broken. I dont rally my car or anything I just drive it down the freeway and welds break. If I were in an accident, being a unibody car, I would be screwed on the safety aspect of things. I have hired a lemon law attorney and things are looking like they will either replace my car free of charge or give me the total amount of my original loan on the car to pay if off and pocket the remainder. How did your case end??
Old 11-27-2007, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought my car from king toyota too. I ordered the car with fogs, alarm, spoiler, lip kit, etc. First, it took them triple the time to get the parts. The install was horrid. I had zip ties and wires dangling out. my splash gaurd was hardly bolted on finger tight. Lug nuts were torqued up to where my large 220lbs self had to jump on the tire iron to get them off.

what ____ed me off the most was they broke a clip on the instrument cluster shroud (the black rubbery thing). Now it doesnt fit on right.

Even though i know the owner of the dealership and was really good friends with his daughter last year in high school, I'm never going back to that dealership. Al hendrickson toyota it is!
Old 11-30-2007, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay So I brought it to the dealer this Monday, and my buddy who is a service writer there said it should be done in a week or so. I am thinking next Monday. So I didn't end up getting a 4runner this time... GGrrrrrrrrr They got some new chick doing the Enterprise rental car thing. Anyways that's the latest.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...Eboardracer, I began to go through the lemon law process but I stopped it. I was persuaded by some big cheese to let them fix it.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

djicey...they keep trying to persuade me to let them fix it but i dont bite on it. the car is currently in the shop still and once again they are flying an engineer from japan(second time in last six months) out next thursday to look at it...or so they tell me. I am getting really fed up. the car is not safe and i do not want to drive it around anymore. plus, my dealership is sheisty....i just filled up the gas tank when i took it in and i bet ill have less than half a tank left when i get it back. bastards.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got my car back last week and it is not perfect but it is a whole lot better. I am just so happy to be back in my car, I really missed it. So I will post again all the work they did when they get me a repair order. They said there was so much do to my car, that it will take a while to get all the paper work and other stuff together. Over all I am happy with it, and I am finally done with the dealership. It is finished!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionSean
My whole theory is don't go to the dealer unless you're A) buying a car or B) have a serious mechanical warranty related problem, otherwise you'll completely waste precious hours of your life that you'll never get back and generally speaking will leave embittered and unsatisfied.
x2
Old 12-21-2007, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eboardracer
Just ran into this thread. I have the same problem as this threads author. I took the car in 11 times. On the 9th time after replacing everything from the headliner to all interior trim pieces they found that the rattle was a broken weld in the rear of the car. It took a flippin' Japanese Engineer that they sent to Seattle to figure it out. The rattle was fixed by the body shop at the dealership and they totally flipped it up. The damn hatch is welded cockeyed into place and there is a nearly one inch gap on the passenger side and a gap smaller than a piece of paper on the drivers side. Well, three weeks after they welded it and what not it the rattle came back. It went in two times after that and this last time (11th time) they found that the welds are once again broken. I dont rally my car or anything I just drive it down the freeway and welds break. If I were in an accident, being a unibody car, I would be screwed on the safety aspect of things. I have hired a lemon law attorney and things are looking like they will either replace my car free of charge or give me the total amount of my original loan on the car to pay if off and pocket the remainder. How did your case end??
...was looking for your thread to shed some light. The one with the pictures of the sharpy in between the hatch and body. What dealership may I ask?