Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

I feel SOO STUPID -_-

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It wasnt even close to redline, and its not like I purposely went over 100, when you are on a highway and theres a clear road, it just gradually goes up to 100 and over, and I dont keep it over 100 I just slow back down to 80. Its an honest mistake.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by dannygenio
YOU missing 2 and 3?
guess you have to learn more about tcs
they dont matter unless your down shifting to engine brake. there is no point in manually shifting an automatic. **note i am saying that in response to you bashing drax for leaving that out of his little diagram, im not saying that 2nd and 3rd gears are not important in the transmission **
Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When i was 17 i drove an 83 Chevy Celebrity. Kids and new cars don't seem to mix. My kids will get whatever 10-15 year old car they can afford on their own, then they can learn and appreciate it like they are supposed to.

And How do you accidentally go 100? Ive had my car since September 06, and I have never gone over 80.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait the lil r under p is not race mode wtf!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by LaydDly
When i was 17 i drove an 83 Chevy Celebrity. Kids and new cars don't seem to mix. My kids will get whatever 10-15 year old car they can afford on their own, then they can learn and appreciate it like they are supposed to.

And How do you accidentally go 100? Ive had my car since September 06, and I have never gone over 80.
Don't agree with that new cars and kid line at all. But I do share the shock in how someone accidentally goes 100 lmao, its no accident when you go 35 over the speed limit.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm gonna avoid saying much.

but....

The Manual says:

Your vehicle does not need an elaborate break-in. But folling a few simple tips for the first 1000 miles can add to the future economy and long life of your vehicle.

Avoid Full Throttle acceleration when starting and driving.

Avoid racing the engine.

Try to avoid hard stops during the first 200 miles.

Do not drive slowly with the Manual Transmission in high gear.
So follow that.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrEaK_AwaY
Originally Posted by dannygenio
YOU missing 2 and 3?
guess you have to learn more about tcs
they dont matter unless your down shifting to engine brake. there is no point in manually shifting an automatic. **note i am saying that in response to you bashing drax for leaving that out of his little diagram, im not saying that 2nd and 3rd gears are not important in the transmission **
It was meant to be a joke..
I forgot the face
Old 07-12-2007, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Griever
Another reason why manual>automatic
As much as I agree... if this poor kid is having this much trouble with an auto... I don't think I'd EVER recommend a manual. Ever.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok I know it was a stupid mistake but damn, just that makes me automatically a stupid driver that doesnt know anything about cars? Hmm so this is how people of scionlife is like huh? Well, to tell you this I do know how to drive a manual, been knowing how since ive driven my friends Si and my other friends Celica and to be honest, I rather not deal with it since where I live theres alot of traffic problems. It was a misunderstanding, dont act as if some of you guys had made some mistakes that like that before in the past.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would just ignore their comments about your drive. We all make mistake. The flaming did get out of hand.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I almost remember being 17.........Rule number 1.........sloww down..........just cruise........enjoy the car.........get to know it learn to drive it.........get to feel it corner..........not at 30 over the posted corner speed.........just do the speed..........then as you gain skill at driving like it was born into you then you can get on it a bit more.
Learn how to down shift to control motor RPM.........learn how to use the gas to move the car in steering situations.I can drive an automatic as good as anyone in a stick..........the trick is to keep the power range at the area at all times.......do not redline it........learn to let off at shift points and then rev it up at the next.......

In a stick you can control the RPM to a science just by swapping a gear........Auto can do almost the same with practice........

Goto a track and pay the $10 to go out for the day and drive it around.........
Goto a drag race and see how quick you can go...............

But for Petes sake .........slow down onthe street a bit...........coppers love to hand young teenagers nice big tickets.I have seen to many cars trashed due to speeding on the street...........and remember at over 100..........anything can go wrong and kill you or someone else.........trust me on that..........got a lot of dead friends........a lot.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

break in means varying RPMs...

Man, it's 2007 and people are still saying to keep RPMs low and stay under 60 MPH no matter what... oi!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The guy just asked for an opinion regarding his engine. Why all the bashing? Cut the kid a break. Also, the reason for gears in automatic cars is not for down shifting. It can be used for that but the primary purpose would be load/uphill driving.

There is a break in period in every car, no matter what any company will tell you. Breaking in a car doesn't mean to go slow per se, but rather, as someone said earlier is to vary RPMs and do so very gradually. You can take it to 4k-5k RMS but slowly and decelerate slowly (which is easily possible in 5th, or 4th in automatic, but is obviously not recommended due to speed). Key is not to drive in the same RPM for extended periods of time.

Don't worry too much, as long as you didn't do 30 mins stuck at 100 in 3rd.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I totally agree. Kids don't know what they are doing and don't appreciate what they have with a new car.

I have never gotten close to 100 and I have had mine since September 07. I don't think I have gone over 80.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TeeCizzle
HaHa I did the same!..driving in "D3"..till I realized it..

Theres "no" real Break-in period for Our Cars...
U dont Need an Oil Change till 5,000 miles!....
then after that I go w/ Mobil 1 Synthetic oil u can go 7-8 thousand before an oil change!

Cars today have the Technology where U dont have to "baby" it....
Im sorry but i think you are very mistaken. Please revise ur statements you are giving to a newbie.

There is indeed a break in period of our cars of 1000 miles. Remember, you are not only breaking in the engine, you are also breakin in all the other moving parts of the car. So please, go easy on her for the first 1000.

Read the owners manual, dont go above 65mph, and dont hit the brakes really hard, remember, its not only the engine here.

1000 miles will be over before you know it, and please try not to go 100mph even after its broken in, the tC isnt a race car and it does not handle well at high speeds, contrary to what others on this forum will tell you. Its not a fast car and was never built to be one.

and you ABSOLUTELY need an oil change after 1000 miles. There are special ingredients in the oil of a brand new engine that help the break in process, dont believe me, look it up. Also you will have metal fragments floating around after the 1000 miles due to the friction in the new engine. You certainely dont want that in ur car for 5,000 miles do you?

Yes, after the oil change at 1000 miles, you can THEN and only then, wait to change your oil after 5000 because of its semi-synthetic nature, but most do it at 3k anywayz.

overall, have fun, enjoy, and dont become a statistic. PLz its really not cool goin fast on the highway or anywhere, where does it get you? Hardly a thrill ya know. SO cruise aroudn enjoy it son.

be good

matt
Old 07-13-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by combatsteve

I totally agree. Kids don't know what they are doing and don't appreciate what they have with a new car.

I have never gotten close to 100 and I have had mine since September 07. I don't think I have gone over 80.
Ouch! That doesn't go for all kids.

I'm not saying that the majority of us who do know what they're doing are know-it-alls, and I'd appreciate any car I'd got.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and ask you whats with the innocent act? Most people here are enthusiasts. Enthusiasts tend to drive fast, wring the car out every now and then, etc....I'm sure you've been to/gone over 80....
Old 07-13-2007, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

lol @ drax's post....PWNED!
Old 07-14-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't feel too stupid, just from now on as I'm sure others have said use some common sense lol. But hey none the less CONGRATS on the new CAR! And as always enjoy!
Old 07-14-2007, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and change your age to maybe 25 or somethin then and only then they will stop bashing you. they won't tag you a "kid" anymore trust me. nice NBM though heehee. peace...