Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

I love catching criminals

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do hate to say this because I truly believe you need to learn to forgive people to be able to live. At the same time stealing someones car tire is not only completely selfish but it shows how little you care about your fellow man.

If he was willing to steal your tire he would be willing to smash your window and grab anything within reach. Military people get good pay checks for the majority of work they do. Some of the people around here with the nicest looking cars are in the military and can afford the mods they have due to those checks.

My female friend was in the Navy up until a month ago. She was MP
and got a large pay scale for the pathetic amount of work she did. She typically sat behind a desk, checked IDs and fed dogs. At the same time the base she worked on was 10 minute drive from her house and they did not have enough living space for her so she was paid additional money ontop of her salary for rent. She lived at home the entire time and got an additional 1300+$ a month for living expenses.

My point? This guy probably makes a lot more than you do yet he steals from you.
He has no clue how bad your situation at home could be. You could have just been laid off, with a kid, and have been trying to sell the car to get enough money to continue to pay for your house and live. He jacked your tire and needs to learn if he gets caught he will have charges pressed against him. Hopefully this straightens the knuckle head out and he learns to think a little bit before making stupid decisions.
We have all broken the law. The only thing the typically keeps us from breaking the law more is the fear of being caught. Give this kid the fear that will hopefully better his life in the end. If he doesn't learn from this at least there is a track record forming that will ultimately taken him off the streets.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really wanted to nail his @ss to the wall, however I did not. First of all, I would have nothing to gain. Second of all, if I were to charge him, I would have to take time out of work. I'm currently house hunting and I want to save my few days off for things I need to do. Another reason was that if I charged him, the police would keep my wheel as evidence for an undetermined amount of time.

I did however request that the officer make a second visit to the a hole and ream him out. I want that kid to realize how lucky he is and that if it happens again, I know where to go.

I guess I kind of _____ed out, but it wasn't worth the aggravation or vacation days. If I caught the kid red handed I would most definitely be locking him up. At the very most he would get court fees and maybe a fine.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

i think if u press charges then he'll want to get back at u and when he does then your going to get back at him and back and forth
Old 01-08-2010, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Thermos2003
I really wanted to nail his @ss to the wall, however I did not. First of all, I would have nothing to gain. Second of all, if I were to charge him, I would have to take time out of work. I'm currently house hunting and I want to save my few days off for things I need to do. Another reason was that if I charged him, the police would keep my wheel as evidence for an undetermined amount of time.

I did however request that the officer make a second visit to the a hole and ream him out. I want that kid to realize how lucky he is and that if it happens again, I know where to go.

I guess I kind of _____ed out, but it wasn't worth the aggravation or vacation days. If I caught the kid red handed I would most definitely be locking him up. At the very most he would get court fees and maybe a fine.
I completely agree with you. I think you took the very mature direction with it. Granted I would be P.O.'d at someone if they did that to my car... but in life you have to choose your fights/battles... the wisdom is knowing which ones are worth the time...and which ones are not.
I think you did the right thing.... and glad you got your parts back. Most the time when someone steels something like a car or parts off of it you never see the property back again.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:40 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by silvertcgirl09
i think if u press charges then he'll want to get back at u and when he does then your going to get back at him and back and forth
if he goes back after him, he will be caught since he will be the primary suspect after this incident. and hate to tell ya, but court time is time off, not a required vacation day if its in criminal court (traffic court is where u'd have to use the days off)
Old 01-13-2010, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn man..if it was me, he would be charged with everything i could give him...lousy no good theives