Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

I really think there is something to this curse thing...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I really think there is something to this curse thing...

I thought it was a huge joke when I read that "cursed" thread a while back. Now I am not so sure.

My car will be 3 months old on Halloween. I have owned four new cars in the last 10 years and did not suffer a single ding or accident.

In less than three months with my tC, I had a front bumper and hood full of stone chips. To stop the chips, I had a clear bra installed and they melted the paint on the bumper with their heat gun. Then I misjudged a curb in the new parking lot at work and curb-rashed one of my wheels. I have NEVER driven a wheel into a curb before. Then when getting ready to install my fog light kit, I hit the gas a little too hard to get the rear wheels over the garage entrance lip and the front wheels sucked the Rhino ramps under the car and it came crashing down. Thank God, the side trim pieces are plastic and they went right back into shape. They are a little scuffed on the bottom but you cannot see it unless you are laying on the ground. Tonight, I come out of a restaurant and find a ding in my rear fender. It is right on the crease line so I do not think paintless dent removal will do the trick.

I think I am going to leave it in a bad neighborhood with the keys in it, collect on the insurance and buy something else.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

user error, dude.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only in Texas.....
Old 10-28-2004, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I really think there is something to this curse thing...

Originally Posted by scionista
I think I am going to leave it in a bad neighborhood with the keys in it, collect on the insurance and buy something else.
Hmm...think about it...you're a theif and you're in a bad neighborhood. You come upon a nice car with the keys in it...seems a little fishy? Didn't you watch gone in 60 seconds? LOL I hope you are kidding about getting rid of it though, I almost got killed in this car and I still love it! Remember dings, dents and other ____ will happen to any car. I got 2 dents on my back bumper, scratches and other ____ all over the place....but nonetheless my car still looks better then 95% of the other cars out there IMO. So don't trip!
Old 10-28-2004, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, texas sucks when it comes to avoiding dings... theres alot of people that drives SUVs and Trucks and they really dont care who they park next to, They will swing that door like there is no car next to them
Old 10-29-2004, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In less than three months with my tC, I had a front bumper and hood full of stone chips.
Toyota in general (includes Lexus) is NOTORIOUS for weak noses against stone chips.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:34 AM
Banned
SL Member

the curse.....
Old 10-29-2004, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Think I agree with the curse thing. All of my cars have never had any probs with paints or windshield chips and already in the first two month of owning my tC, I got rock chips in both hood and windshield. Hmmmm, I wonder...............

EVIL CURSE............DARN YOU...............
Old 10-29-2004, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

:twisted: :twisted:
Old 10-29-2004, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the curse is true, then I have been spared.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

LOL... I was sitting here expecting a story about how people keep hitting his car or how it has been vandalized by neighbor kids, but I come to find he's doing it himself!
Old 10-29-2004, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One thing to keep in mind is that with the tC you are getting a brand new car. Most of us prior to this have probably NOT had a new vehicle. Thus we did not notice our vehicles as much. So now we notice even the slightest thing.

Still loving the tC.........

Kevin
Old 10-29-2004, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HughDTX
LOL... I was sitting here expecting a story about how people keep hitting his car or how it has been vandalized by neighbor kids, but I come to find he's doing it himself!
I'll take credit for the curb rash and the rhino ramps (they did no real damage), but the rest has been done by others. If I have managed to go for all those years with no curb rash, no dings and no accidents of ANY kind, and this has all happened in less than 3 months, this car is cursed. There is no other explanation.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Texas.........Scared of that!
Old 10-29-2004, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll take credit for the curb rash and the rhino ramps (they did no real damage), but the rest has been done by others. If I have managed to go for all those years with no curb rash, no dings and no accidents of ANY kind, and this has all happened in less than 3 months, this car is cursed. There is no other explanation.
ive gotten dings and dents on every car ive ever had. 2 days after i got my prelude i got a big rock chip in the hood. ____ happen this is probably the first time you really payed attention
Old 10-31-2004, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member

My car isn't cursed ... I am LOL
Old 10-31-2004, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ummm..... sorry to say but you cannot collect insurance if you leave the keys in the car, basically its like giving it away, the insurance will not cover it, believe me
Old 12-11-2004, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For all you non-believers, the curse continues. I am sitting in the car, waiting to pull into the flow of traffic and the Chevrolet Avalanche in front of me decides to back up. I have no place to move so I lay on the horm and he backs right into me. The back bumper of the truck is so high, it misses my bumper completely and pushes in the grille and dents the hood. To make matters worse, the passenger in the truck keeps telling the driver to just leave as there is no damage to my car! The bastard claimed that it must have already been damaged. If there hadn't been a security guard on the sidewalk to witness it, I was going to drop this guy to the pavement. This is the final straw. As soon as the car is repaired, it is being sold. I had a car in the past that I believe was cursed. I kept it for four years and it was hit 4 times and vandalized three times. I do not intend to go through that with this one. Bye, bye tC.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

your going to sell your car because you believe it is cursed....nice!
Old 12-11-2004, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like the tC is a moron magnet

Quick Reply: I really think there is something to this curse thing...