Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

i wans't impressed. :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not worried about the seat material. if i want leater or diff material, i can ask my g/f if her uncle(he does interior/exterior work) can do the seats in a diff material for me. of course i'll have to pay.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, i'm sorry, but the type of fabric they used is kind of a weak thing to be disappointed about in a car, when you listed all the other important things as great.

Go buy your civic, I have one, and I'm getting rid of it for the tC.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheBigGuyRy
Yeah, i'm sorry, but the type of fabric they used is kind of a weak thing to be disappointed about in a car, when you listed all the other important things as great.

I think it's a VERY valid point. Cheap, crappy seats are a pretty big issue to have with a car, especially if they are uncomfortable. An even bigger question would be if the material would wear well.

At least with other cars, you have the option to upgrade to leather seats...not an option in this case.

For you to say that it is a weak thing to be disappointed about is pretty short-sighted. It's like saying that "Oh this girl is GORGEOUS and I want to spend the next 5 years of my life with her...but she's dumb as a stump. But oh well, she looks good and is great in bed, so I can look past her lack of a brain."
Old 06-21-2004, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The bad fabric/seats are his opinion. The "experts" have said that the seats are comfortable. I will decide on my test drive. But I will not let the seats be the overriding factor. This car has too many great things going for it so everyone will just have to jot down the pluses and minuses and make a final decision.

Kevin
Old 06-21-2004, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_Me_Baby

I think it's a VERY valid point. Cheap, crappy seats are a pretty big issue to have with a car, especially if they are uncomfortable. An even bigger question would be if the material would wear well.

At least with other cars, you have the option to upgrade to leather seats...not an option in this case.

For you to say that it is a weak thing to be disappointed about is pretty short-sighted. It's like saying that "Oh this girl is GORGEOUS and I want to spend the next 5 years of my life with her...but she's dumb as a stump. But oh well, she looks good and is great in bed, so I can look past her lack of a brain."
the tC does have a leather option.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05 Flint tC

the tC does have a leather option.
WHere? I didn't see it in the Toyota or TRD options list.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member

I think it's a VERY valid point. Cheap, crappy seats are a pretty big issue to have with a car
I agree 100%.

-matt
Old 06-21-2004, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default 240..not big

well, as many have wrote before, 240lbs is Huge!!! Being that big you would feel the springs and bars on a couch for that matter....If you want better...be prepared to pay more...go look into a lexus. There will be faults in any car at that price and some more expensive, for that matter. Thats like saying "This pool 5uck5 " and having no arms! What ever happend to logic???

Black sand pearl ordered...arrival July 8th...yeahhhhh boyyyeeeee!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Old 06-21-2004, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's like saying that "Oh this girl is GORGEOUS and I want to spend the next 5 years of my life with her...but she's dumb as a stump. But oh well, she looks good and is great in bed, so I can look past her lack of a brain."
Hey if she is super hot and good in bed I just might be willing to compromise. :D :D

and its true fat, I mean large people often need alot more support then the average person.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cornfield
It's like saying that "Oh this girl is GORGEOUS and I want to spend the next 5 years of my life with her...but she's dumb as a stump. But oh well, she looks good and is great in bed, so I can look past her lack of a brain."
Hey if she is super hot and good in bed I just might be willing to compromise. :D :D

and its true fat, I mean large people often need alot more support then the average person.
But the emotional drain would be too much to bear. I've tried to have conversations with people with rocks for brains, and I was worn out afterwards both physically and mentally.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member

i went to the local scion dealership today to see if they had one in and as i pulled in i saw a white one, it was auto so i didn't ask to drive it, but i have to say i was not impressed. it looks better in the pics as far as i'm concerned, the front end makes the car look bulky and comparable to a rollerskate, those are my feelings, not even considering it now. sorry guys, good luck with the tC.

later,
jason
Old 06-22-2004, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jdgeary
i went to the local scion dealership today to see if they had one in and as i pulled in i saw a white one, it was auto so i didn't ask to drive it, but i have to say i was not impressed. it looks better in the pics as far as i'm concerned, the front end makes the car look bulky and comparable to a rollerskate, those are my feelings, not even considering it now. sorry guys, good luck with the tC.

later,
jason
First time I have heard the front end of a car compared to a rollerskate. Not sure what it means but I will take a look once my dealer gets a tC.

Kevin
Old 06-22-2004, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rich Manas
having the driver seat lower will give the driver more feedback on what's going on than a higher seating position. that's why all true sports cars has the driver sitting in the car like if you were lying down in a bathtub.
No, they make you sit like that because the entire car is lower for better handling (lower center of gravity) and aerodynamics (when you've got something low and wide, you've got to make it short to decrease frontal surface area). I don't think most people like to sit in some goofy laid down position unless they are trying to imitate someone they saw on MTV. Take a look at race car drivers. None of them sit with their arms fully extended on the wheel and their seatbacks reclined over 45 degrees.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member

no, i thought the whole car looked like a rollerskate, the wheels are the wheels, the front end is the toe and the back is the heal, you get the idea, that is just what i thought when i saw it, think about it when you see one, maybe i'm just retarded (which is pretty likely )
Old 06-22-2004, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jdgeary
no, i thought the whole car looked like a rollerskate, the wheels are the wheels, the front end is the toe and the back is the heal, you get the idea, that is just what i thought when i saw it, think about it when you see one, maybe i'm just retarded (which is pretty likely )
yea the tC looks alot better lowered. The rolllerskate effect is the 4X4 look it has on the stock springs.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate the way the tC look with the stock springs... when lower, it looks hotT. but i like the tc either way. dropped or floating.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:51 PM
erc
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: i wans't impressed. :(

Originally Posted by CuPoJava
Originally Posted by Trdkamuri510
disliked:
front seat - im not a huge person 5'10 240lbs but man i felt to big for the car. i would be sharing with my wife, but still too small for me
Well, I'm 5'9" and 120lbs, so I'd say yeah you are....
The scrawny guys can have courage on the internet, where they don't have to worry about getting their ___ kicked.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member

I sat in a azure pearl stick yesterday and I found the seats quite good. They are soft yet supportive at the same time. As for the material, its like a mixure of cloth and nylon(?), and something stretchy. This other material gives the upholstery a shiney sheen to it and makes it feel somewhat smooth. Definitly not like civic and accord seats but not bad either, just different. There was a comment earlier that these seats do not attract lint, and it seems to be true. There was some lint and I just brushed it off, no prob. Not so for civic seats. I have a 93 civic and those seats attract lint like a ****.

The back seats are not the highlight of the tc. They have small bottoms and the rear window roofline is pretty darn low. Simliar to sitting in the rear seat of a 92-96 prelude, except that there is a lot more legroom. There's also good room to fit your feet under the front seat as well. I'm 5'4", 120 and found the seats to fit me well. Larger folks may have issues.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: 240..not big

Originally Posted by SCiONYDE
well, as many have wrote before, 240lbs is Huge!!! Being that big you would feel the springs and bars on a couch for that matter....If you want better...be prepared to pay more...go look into a lexus. There will be faults in any car at that price and some more expensive, for that matter. Thats like saying "This pool 5uck5 " and having no arms! What ever happend to logic???

Black sand pearl ordered...arrival July 8th...yeahhhhh boyyyeeeee!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
hey dumb ___. did you read the whole TOPIC i doubt it. BACK ____ING SEAT has a ____ing bar. so unless you weigh less that 100lbs your gonna feel it. at 5'8 150lbs the ____ing dealer felt it. not to mention my wife at 115lbs and 5'4 could feel it. so is it the weight NO. STUPID ____
Old 06-23-2004, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: 240..not big

Hey dude do u think u can add more f*cks to your post next time , thanks "K"

Originally Posted by Trdkamuri510
hey dumb ___. did you read the whole TOPIC i doubt it. BACK ____ING SEAT has a ____ing bar. so unless you weigh less that 100lbs your gonna feel it. at 5'8 150lbs the ____ing dealer felt it. STUPID ____

Quick Reply: i wans't impressed. :(