sure can that was my wife also.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

chill out
Old 06-23-2004, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member

i am chilled out. morons who put "well at that weight you would feel springs thru couches and ____" really need to check what they say. i suggest next time he wants to mock someone about weight he does so in person and see where it gets him.

the seats were not the only thing that turned me away. you all saw the list of dislikes. considering i dont STAND in the FRIGGIN car i think its VERY friggin important that the seats FRONT AND BACK be comfortable. now if you can fell a bar being half way shoved up your ___ only weighing 115 lbs. there is a major problem there. even the dealer (rep from roseville scion) agreed that to make headroom in the back, they had to sacrafice foam to give you 2 inches of room (3 fingers for me)
the major problem is the fabric. its not toyota quality PERIOD. we have a hellof alot of toyotas in the family (5 camrys, 2 es300's, LX470 Gs430 Lx450 Rx300 ect etc. and this just is not their quality. the armrest material was real loose as if to be able to pull it off. mix of elastic/plastic/chainlink. most of you are too dumbstruct to notice it. if you actually take the time to examine the car in and out its not all it was made to be. i love it. i wanna buy it but the seat/doorinsert/centerconsole/fabric in general has to go. add another 1000+ to the price to get it all redone. 99.9% of the people on this forum (or any in general) will make their car to be the best on the market whether it is or not. this forum is no exception anyone not agreeing its the GREATEST IN ITS CATEGORY has to deal with BS spitting kids.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Curse all you want but please dont damn my god, thank you and god bless "K"

Originally Posted by Trdkamuri510
god damn.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: i wans't impressed. :(

Originally Posted by erc
Originally Posted by CuPoJava
disliked:
front seat - im not a huge person 5'10 240lbs but man i felt to big for the car. i would be sharing with my wife, but still too small for me
Well, I'm 5'9" and 120lbs, so I'd say yeah you are....
The scrawny guys can have courage on the internet, where they don't have to worry about getting their ___ kicked.
Hey, I have courage in real life, too. I'm not exactly huge, but I have 7% bodyfat and am quick.

If all else fails, I'd just call the cops
Old 06-23-2004, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cornfield
chill out
chillax.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

chill out
chillax.
CHILLLLLLLLLLL OUT :D So much noise over some car seats. If it's not made of wood then you should be fine. Maybe you should check out a Navigator or escalade or something they are sure to make your seats extra fluffy.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member

chill out
chillax.
CHILLLLLLLLLLL OUT :D Ive never heard so much noise over some car seats. If it's not made of wood then you should be fine.

lol well how about metal????? or even worse SNAILS???? EWWWW

but seriously. when you get in your car and drive you cant tell me one of the most important thing is SEAT COMFORT. you dont exactly drive standing up or kneeling for that fact. thats why it is important when buying a car. hell the same reason i wouldnt consider a focus they are uncomfortable. the recaros in the vue redline though are HELLA comfortable. (too bad the car isint as great as the TC.)
Old 06-23-2004, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

honestly the the seats can't be that bad. I expect them to be nice and firm not insanely comfy. I'm driving not making babies.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...

Um... When I sat in the backseat I did not feel a pipe shoved up my ___... I don't know what car you were sitting in but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a tC...

I weigh about 135 5'6...
Old 06-23-2004, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seat comfort is indeed an important thing (especially for me, seeing as how I'm a HUGE 6'0" 250 lbs.), but I've been driving around a 1987 Toyota Corolla for years... if I can handle the no padding seats on that, I think I'll be fine.

One question I do have is head room. I'm test driving next week, but... is this a legitimate gripe? I know I personally like to drive with the front seat all the way back (unless there's people in the back seat, of course), and reclined at probably a 20 degree angle or so... I like to feel that I'm lying down more than sitting up when I'm driving. Should be ok, no?

(Oh, and as for the fabric, I've seen it, and I think it's great, kind of neopreny... reminds of the seats they had in the original ccX concept car (which I thought were the coolest seats ever designed)... heck of an improvement over the usual crap that you see in an econocar. Only thing is, it won't be as useful for wiping oil and engine grease off my hands as regular fabric... oh well).
Old 06-23-2004, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...

I sat in a Celica... My spiked hair was nearly touching the roof...

Then I sat in the tC... Much much better...

But it depends on how you recline it... I like to be in almost straight position... But not like deathgrip driver position...
Old 06-23-2004, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah. celica=much worse in the headroom dept.

as far as seat material...don't matter. aint know deal breaker for me. remember, the rear seats have to be designed a certain way for them to recline back AND fold fairly flat to allow more cargo room. i'm all for a bar that will add more support for a BABY SEAT to brace against. that's all i really care about for the back.

the front seats are ok.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:14 AM
5 Year Member

Default I drove one and I got to agree - Not as impressive as I hope

I got a chance to drive a stock Azure Blue Stick Shift.

First Impressions.
I really like the color and body style, they are as good as the pictures I have seen. Unfortunately I’m 5’8’’ 170 Lbs and the roof was uncomfortably close to my head. The drivers seat was of low quality for a Toyota (I’ll admit I’m spoiled by the leather in my Solara) but any Corolla has got these beat. The panoramic moon roof is covered by a spring-loaded vinyl blind that has a very cheap feel, I would have rather just had the roof heavily tinted. Sitting in the drivers seat the pedals felt like they were positioned too far to the right of the steering column. It’s immediately apparent that a long trip would not be comfortable.

Driving.
The cabin noise was nice and quiet especially considering the low price of the car. Unfortunately, I think there has been quite a bit of Hype about the car and it’s supposed performance. The motor did make decent power but only at the higher RPM’s. I drove it onto the freeway and full throttle at 50 MPH was a disappointment, the acceleration was lackluster. The steering was precise and willing once the car was moving, I did have a little trouble getting used to the Heavy Torque Steer accelerating during sharp turns. I got to say those Potenza RE92 tires did not have great grip I would seriously consider upgrading them immediately to something like the RE950’s.

Final Impression.
This is a great starter car at the price but does not have the refinement I was hoping for. I think I’m going to take a serious look at the Corolla XRS instead. If I can put that purchase off long enough to get a test drive in a Supercharged version I might still buy one.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member

Default qbese

Allright genius........... wow I'm im impressed you could get your huge fat ___ in the tC

5'10" and 240 is OBESE! I am 6'2" and 220 and I had no issue with the seat and I drove three of them on Tuesday. Now the Civic was a different story.

Stop and picture the roof for a moment. Where would solid shades go???? hmmmm?
Venetian blind style retractors were the only option.

More tourque and interior space than the RSX, at 5K less.
The Civic? Please......
The GTI? tC has rear wisbone suspension and reliability
The Mitsubishi? tC has better handling, better handling and better handling,,,,
Any other competitors???????

Not one person has mentioned the knee bolster airbag.... otherwise available ONLY in the BMW 7 series.....

Name ANY other car in or above it's class w/ this list of standard features for 16,400..... I dare you.

but remember...not just available, STANDARD FEATURES
Old 06-23-2004, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Knee Bolster Airbags also available in the RX330 :D
Old 06-23-2004, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member

Default knee airbag

I stand corrected.....

excuse...typing too fast

I meant as a standard item as they are on the tC
Old 06-23-2004, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member

drivng = front seat. try sitting in the back seat before you act an ___. you can feel it right at the seam on the padding. i spent a good 20 mintues testing out the seats. my wife stuck to them as well. then again it was are just mad for the FACT THAT THE TC was not all it was made out to be. face it. you are all to stuck in the air that this is the greatest car ever. sorry there are better. i would rather go up the extra 3k for a better quality starter car. IE corolla.
yes the TC is a good car or did you forget to read the first post probably. they could have put a quality hard cover for the moonroof (ie everycar out there with a moonroof) but to cut their costs, they chose a cheap vinyl top. they have the money to make a better quality car. toyota quality has gone WAY DOWN. you cant deny that. their last great car was the 96 camry and the then new avalon. now they take too many shortcuts. 2001 avalons made in the month of march had a peice of duct tape to hold on your a pillar. sounds like great quality.
the reason for the lackluster padding in the rear according to the dealer (this is where you actually sit not the bolstering on the sides of them) was to increase the headroom. i can tell you that. scionmag suggested we take a look at scion101 and we did. once again the material is a buyer breaker for me. the acceleration was real sluggish but it didnt seem too bad. i took my mom in the car as well and she could feel it at 5'1 108lbs still thinks its a FAT ___ R????

i dont see why you are all mad that i dont like the car?/ calling me a fat ___ when i can sit in a celica with more comfort (which is smaller) is a quality issue. ohh well people got their heads up so high to think that this car isint as good as they think it is. 2 door camry this is not.

also 180 at 6'2 is average weight so by your standards your a FAT ___ who is OBESE ____head.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: 240..not big

Originally Posted by SCiONYDE
well, as many have wrote before, 240lbs is Huge!!! Being that big you would feel the springs and bars on a couch for that matter....If you want better...be prepared to pay more...go look into a lexus. There will be faults in any car at that price and some more expensive, for that matter. Thats like saying "This pool 5uck5 " and having no arms! What ever happend to logic???

Black sand pearl ordered...arrival July 8th...yeahhhhh boyyyeeeee!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
hey dumb ___. did you read the whole TOPIC i doubt it. BACK ____ING SEAT has a ____ing bar. so unless you weigh less that 100lbs your gonna feel it. at 5'8 150lbs the ____ing dealer felt it. not to mention my wife at 115lbs and 5'4 could feel it. so is it the weight NO. STUPID ____

Dude, to get so upset you must have some real probelms...were you ever molested???...just curious as to you level of anger. FYI these are opinions not a curse oriented type forum, so check yo'self. I wiegh 175 and felt no bar on the back seat. And dude unless you went to the Golden Gloves nationals i suggest you be careful who you threaten.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

drivng = front seat. try sitting in the back seat before you act an ___. you can feel it right at the seam on the padding. i spent a good 20 mintues testing out the seats. my wife stuck to them as well. then again it was are just mad for the FACT THAT THE TC was not all it was made out to be. face it. you are all to stuck in the air that this is the greatest car ever. sorry there are better. i would rather go up the extra 3k for a better quality starter car. IE corolla.
yes the TC is a good car or did you forget to read the first post probably. they could have put a quality hard cover for the moonroof (ie everycar out there with a moonroof) but to cut their costs, they chose a cheap vinyl top. they have the money to make a better quality car. toyota quality has gone WAY DOWN. you cant deny that. their last great car was the 96 camry and the then new avalon. now they take too many shortcuts. 2001 avalons made in the month of march had a peice of duct tape to hold on your a pillar. sounds like great quality.
the reason for the lackluster padding in the rear according to the dealer (this is where you actually sit not the bolstering on the sides of them) was to increase the headroom. i can tell you that. scionmag suggested we take a look at scion101 and we did. once again the material is a buyer breaker for me. the acceleration was real sluggish but it didnt seem too bad. i took my mom in the car as well and she could feel it at 5'1 108lbs still thinks its a FAT ___ R????

i dont see why you are all mad that i dont like the car?/ calling me a fat ___ when i can sit in a celica with more comfort (which is smaller) is a quality issue. ohh well people got their heads up so high to think that this car isint as good as they think it is. 2 door camry this is not.

also 180 at 6'2 is average weight so by your standards your a FAT ___ who is OBESE ____head.

WOW...I didn't know 'tards could type and 20 min's testing the seat....damn you musts liked that pipe!!!

Quick Reply: i wans't impressed. :(