2005-2010 [ANT10]

i wans't impressed. :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Trdkamuri510

also 180 at 6'2 is average weight so by your standards your a FAT ___ who is OBESE ____head.
180 at 6'2 is faarrr from obeese man. The point is you don't like the car (or back seats), we got that from your first post. So whats the point of carrying on making noise about it? I guess when you said that you were not overweight that made a couple of people gasp and hurry to correct you. but seriously we get you don't like it, cool, so you get your camary or whatever and just chillax.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...

lmfao...

Trdkamuri510...

Like I said... I don't know what car you were sitting in... But it sure as hell wasn't the tC...

And what do you mean the tC wasn't made out to be? At 16k this car is loaded compared to a corolla... The bigger engine allows it to be more acceptable to modding and other aftermarket stuff you can shove in it... (Which is Toyota's main goal and main money maker)... I'm surprised you even mentioned that for 3k more you can get a better starter car... For 3k you can get after market seats... And alot more... (Get a damn CAI to help with your engine-too-slow problems) [/quote]
Old 06-23-2004, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

he didn't like the car...

Fine....

When I bout my Tc for 17k I saw a nice pretty celica GTS with the seats you like with an msrp of 26k.....

Why don't you go get that?

Seriously, you have your views on the seats, we have ours. My mom LOVED the Tc seats compared to the RSX seats she sat in earlier.

I LOVE the Tc seats, not sticky, confortable & easy to change to fit you right.

You have to remember it is still a 16-17k car, everything won't be perfect, but you get a hell of a lot more for that money then you do with almost any other car.

So go buy some POS & spend more money while I get my turbocharger installed & start cranking out more ponies than you'll ever see with a corolla or celica. All for about 5k less than a celica GTS ;)
Old 06-23-2004, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cornfield

also 180 at 6'2 is average weight so by your standards your a FAT ___ who is OBESE ____head.
180 at 6'2 is faarrr from obeese man. The point is you don't like the car (or back seats), we got that from your first post. So whats the point of carrying on making noise about it? I guess when you said that you were not overweight that made a couple of people gasp and hurry to correct you. but seriously we get you don't like it, cool, so you get your camary or whatever and just chillax.
Target weight for a male @ 5' 10" = 132 - 174 lbs based on medical recommendations
Target weight for a male @ 6' 2" = 148 - 195 lbs based on medical recommendations
Old 06-24-2004, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

This thread is
Old 06-24-2004, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CuPoJava
This thread is
If we are going to nitpit, I looked inside a RSX and the cupholders are in a location where you have to tilt your drink container (cans might be okay but bottles, etc. are too tall) each time to put in and take out. Talk about bad design!

Kevin
Old 06-24-2004, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: 240..not big

Originally Posted by SCiONYDE
Originally Posted by SCiONYDE
well, as many have wrote before, 240lbs is Huge!!! Being that big you would feel the springs and bars on a couch for that matter....If you want better...be prepared to pay more...go look into a lexus. There will be faults in any car at that price and some more expensive, for that matter. Thats like saying "This pool 5uck5 " and having no arms! What ever happend to logic???

Black sand pearl ordered...arrival July 8th...yeahhhhh boyyyeeeee!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
hey dumb ___. did you read the whole TOPIC i doubt it. BACK ____ING SEAT has a ____ing bar. so unless you weigh less that 100lbs your gonna feel it. at 5'8 150lbs the ____ing dealer felt it. not to mention my wife at 115lbs and 5'4 could feel it. so is it the weight NO. STUPID ____

Dude, to get so upset you must have some real probelms...were you ever molested???...just curious as to you level of anger. FYI these are opinions not a curse oriented type forum, so check yo'self. I wiegh 175 and felt no bar on the back seat. And dude unless you went to the Golden Gloves nationals i suggest you be careful who you threaten.
did i make any threats??? NO. im not angry far from it. its dumbasses like yourself and several others in this forum. dont belive me. here is a little tidbit for you.
"well, as many have wrote before, 240lbs is Huge!!! Being that big you would feel the springs and bars on a couch for that matter...." "yea 240 is kinda... huge, and wide" "240 not huge? Haha. I am 5'8 and 120. That is two times as big as me." so what does my childhood have to do with anything??? nothing. i brought up a simple topic about what i liked/didnt like. the response was GO BUY ANOTHER CAR FAT ___. now you need to do your homework. i work hard for a living. im not going to throw away money on a car that does not meet the standards that they make it seem. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I PRAISED THE CAR??? or were you too blind making fat jokes?? i think its the latter. you dont rip on a guy weighing 250 becuase he loves the car. yet when i say something remotely true about the car ITS FAT ___ as the response.

you guys are ____in hilarious and stupid at the same time. toyota could have done a better job for 16.5k hell toyota as a whole is only held up by LEXUS for quality. other than that they are behind GM. the BUILD QUALITY IS EXCELLENT IN THE CAR. can you read that??? THE MATERIALS ARE NOT. they skimped in more ways than one. they may not attact lint but try wearing a short shirt (wife does ) and not stick to the seats. you will. i have yet to do that in cloth. I JUSTIFIED every single statement that was made in the first post. LAST THING WAS these were my opinions. looks like anyone having any opinion bad about the TC on this board gets flamed. you all need to be banned as well as me.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ASUgradinWA

So go buy some POS & spend more money while I get my turbocharger installed & start cranking out more ponies than you'll ever see with a corolla or celica. All for about 5k less than a celica GTS ;)
hmm add the price of the turbo to the car.

BTW it uses the camry engine. still think your faster than the WRAITH or TONY the TIGER. both push well into 700whp with camry's none of you have touched 200. for that fact no one in a TC has put down any numbers here. start proving your faster than a celica/mr2 etc.

once again i liked the car alot. the back breaker for me is the cloth material. to get all this redone add 1000 to 1500 for the price. the front seats were not a problem. it was the back.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Dude, calm down. We're mostly a bunch of 16-25 year old males on an anonymous car forum. What do you expect?
Old 06-24-2004, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: ...

Originally Posted by vAnt
lmfao...

Trdkamuri510...

Like I said... I don't know what car you were sitting in... But it sure as hell wasn't the tC...

And what do you mean the tC wasn't made out to be? At 16k this car is loaded compared to a corolla... the bigger engine allows it to be more acceptable to modding and other aftermarket stuff you can shove in it... (Which is Toyota's main goal and main money maker)... I'm surprised you even mentioned that for 3k more you can get a better starter car... For 3k you can get after market seats... And alot more... (Get a damn CAI to help with your engine-too-slow problems)
[/quote]

hmm baised on this little sentence, the 1.5 is worthless to mod (tell that to the Xa and XB guys) the celica is worthless, as well as the lotus elise using the motor running 12's the MR2 spyder has no power to carve corners and so on. engine size doens't mean jack unless your into V8's. turbo your car all you want. most of the parts arent smog legal (i live in KALI) take your 2.4 modded and it will still get beat by a v6 camry. nuff said. and it weighs alot more.

im not angry at all though it does seem that way. you guys need to grow up and get past the fat jokes though. tell it to your fat boss making all the money. garuntee you get fired. yall are only ballsy online. ive met up with several Xa/Xb owners from the bay area in the past. they were all cool. hell even the creator of scion mag is fawkin cool as hell (we are planning on shooting with him next month) its you TC guys who need to grow up seriously. guys buying the cheaper cars are much more mature than you.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Excuse my ___ comment, but this topic has turned straight homosexual.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member

^^lol all depends on how you take it (okay that sounded wrong now that i think about it. but hey ill post it anyways)
Old 06-24-2004, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh how i take it, wouldnt u like to know

TRD: you listen to lil wyte? i see you are from the bay area?

^^lol all depends on how you take it (okay that sounded wrong now that i think about it. but hey ill post it anyways)
Old 06-24-2004, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Kaeon
I'm bi, and that comment really offended me!

J/K, I couldn't care less, and this thread should be locked b/c it's long become a flamefest.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member

sounds familiar... yeah im from the bay area

my playlist right now

federation - hyphee (no release date on their CD )
federation - go dumb
federation - donkey
Keak da sneak - bring this bay sh*t back
Turf Talk ft. E40 - Slumper
Frontline - what iz it
E-A-Ski - Ride
Frontline ft E A Ski - uh huh
laroo ft keak & e40 - tykoonin
etc.

methinks ive heard it somehwere (im ecleptic) so hmm dunno.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by CuPoJava
Originally Posted by Kaeon
I'm bi, and that comment really offended me!

J/K, I couldn't care less, and this thread should be locked b/c it's long become a flamefest.
well it has become a flamefest read comment: we all should be banned including me

dont make fun of ____ people now im disappointed in the araujo trial. they got a mistrial even though they strangled beat him/her to death. that was a friend of mine (NOT A GIRLFRIEND DUDES!!)
Old 06-24-2004, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...

hmm baised on this little sentence, the 1.5 is worthless to mod (tell that to the Xa and XB guys) the celica is worthless, as well as the lotus elise using the motor running 12's the MR2 spyder has no power to carve corners and so on. engine size doens't mean jack unless your into V8's. turbo your car all you want. most of the parts arent smog legal (i live in KALI) take your 2.4 modded and it will still get beat by a v6 camry. nuff said. and it weighs alot more.
Where the hell did I say a 1.5 is worthless to mod?

You've got to be kidding me if you are trying to put words in my mouth...

The camry v6 weighs about 350 more pounds then the tC... Where the hell are you getting your info from? And with the Camry v6 starting at around 23k compared to the 16.5k of a tC... Well which would you choose? Slap a 2k factory S/C on there and you can say goodbye to all the V6 camry's you'll ever see...

Ahem... Nuff' Said.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member

^^ said the camry weighs more sorry for the confusion. it would still smoke a supercharged L4.

also the camry engine is aluminum/aluminum. compared to my old iron/aluminum. my 2.2 camry is more acceptable to boost that your aluminum counterpart.

btw the 2az-fe is an interferience engine now as well as the 3mz-fe. dont understand it??? ill spell it out. breaking a belt (or chain) = bent valve trains damage pistons compared to my older design that was non interference. you said the larger engine would be more acceptable to mods. following that you said that the 1.8 would be smoked. NO ONE HAS MODDED the 2az-fe outside of Ttuning concepts up until recently (hello the 2az has been around for a while) the 1zz-fe/ge have been modded to well over 300whp. the older 3s-gte has made 700whp. yet the mr2 guys would rather use a camry v6 over their 3sgte. can you answer why??? if not i suggest that you think a bit more about what i know about the motors.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: ...

Originally Posted by vAnt
Where the hell did I say a 1.5 is worthless to mod?

You've got to be kidding me if you are trying to put words in my mouth...

The camry v6 weighs about 350 more pounds then the tC... Where the hell are you getting your info from? And with the Camry v6 starting at around 23k compared to the 16.5k of a tC... Well which would you choose? Slap a 2k factory S/C on there and you can say goodbye to all the V6 camry's you'll ever see...

Ahem... Nuff' Said.
nuff said, hmm the camry v6 (new ones) use the 3mz-fe shared in multipul cars. 225hp is the rating for the camry, though they are rumored for 06 to have 240hp. it may weigh more, but it still runs a quick 1/4. not to mention the TC supercharger is 3000 plus installation making it ohh about 4k. add that to your price 20k car now isint it. ohh wait you forgot your destination of 500 so 20.5k the 2az hasnt been proved boost friendly YET yet the camry v6 has been. TRD supercharger has been available since 2000.

camry>TC in 1/4
corners TC>camry
Old 06-24-2004, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ said the camry weighs more sorry for the confusion. it would still smoke a supercharged L4.

also the camry engine is aluminum/aluminum. compared to my old iron/aluminum. my 2.2 camry is more acceptable to boost that your aluminum counterpart.

btw the 2az-fe is an interferience engine now as well as the 3mz-fe. dont understand it??? ill spell it out. breaking a belt (or chain) = bent valve trains damage pistons compared to my older design that was non interference. you said the larger engine would be more acceptable to mods. following that you said that the 1.8 would be smoked. NO ONE HAS MODDED the 2az-fe outside of Ttuning concepts up until recently (hello the 2az has been around for a while) the 1zz-fe/ge have been modded to well over 300whp. the older 3s-gte has made 700whp. yet the mr2 guys would rather use a camry v6 over their 3sgte. can you answer why??? if not i suggest that you think a bit more about what i know about the motors.
I never said the 1.8 would be smoked... I have high respect for the 1zz and 2zz engines in Celicas... Never did I ever say that it could be smoked (Not that it can't be done)

I don't know why you obsess with camry v6 engines... If you didn't know the modding community (Generally Teens) don't really go around racing people in Camrys... But your right... Bent valves and blah blah blah is all standard when you get an engine... Celica engines get bent valves all the time STOCK... But since the 2.4 is a huge displacement that means most of your power doesn't need to come at high revs... Thus reducing the chance of bending crap in the engine (Valves, rods, etc.)

I don't know why you bother with comparing possible horsepower peaks with engines... We all know that with the right money... Any engine can produce massive amounts of horsepower... As for those MR2 'guys'... I have no clue who you are talking about... But I have seen many MR2 guys very happy with their 2zz and 3s-gte engines... Any more power then 300hp+ on a sedan is beyond useless and dangerous...

Quick Reply: i wans't impressed. :(