2005-2010 [ANT10]

i wans't impressed. :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...

tC has already been proved that it is highly acceptable to boost...

Low compression... Factory S/C... What the hell are you going to compare it to?

With the S/C we've been hearing at least 200hp... Now that would mean around 200+ tq hopefully (most likely)...

The 225hp rating only applies to the SE... Which is 1k more expensive then the cheapest v6... Great more price comparisons... Other then the SE the rest are 210...

Do you honestly think a 225hp rating + 3500 pounds is really going to beat 200hp + 2900 pounds?

Btw since we're debating do you mind telling me the compression for a v6 on a camry? ;p

Edit - And also... The TRD S/C for the 2.4L engine was not availible publicly... It isn't even availible now... (People say Oct.)
Old 06-24-2004, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC should have some good support in the future for those that like to go fast. Scion participates in SEMA's tech transfer program and with the popularity of this car, i'm sure tuners will be jumping all over it. i wouldn't be surprised if Greddy came out with a CARB legal turbo kit with intercooler within the next couple of years.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member

but see this is the problem

camry v6 10.5:1
3mz-fe 10.8:1
2az-fe 9.6:1 anything else.

the first two are not too boost friendly. 1mz gets knock even at 4psi with cheap fuel.
the 2az still runs a fairly high compression. 8.5 would be better for boost (we found that out a LONG TIME AGO)

the SUPERCHARGER is not available yet. when it came out for the v6 270hp was what TRD claimed. did it make that??? go find out. they also claimed it can handle 10psi with a factory warranty. dont belive me check around toyotanation and teamsc3.com. TRD is full of ____ when they tell you these prices.

the MR2 guys from texas as you WILL see in a future SCC mag are using it because the 3s-gte is IRON the 1mz is ALUMINUM. or to comparitviely figure about 150lbs lighter. its also torquier. with the trdsupercharger and a custom turbo he is making 400+whp. engine = proven

i doubt that you will see 200WHP for the sc on the scion TC. if your lucky you will see that at the crank. crank figures dont mean jack my friend WHP is where the money is at. betcha its about 165/175whp auto/manual. dont belive me you will have to wait. TRD is notorious for overrating/overpricing. if you think they are going to give you the supercharger for 2k your dreaming. cheapest one they make is still over 2700. add the installation. only way to go is to go with a smaller pulley. oops your gonna need stronger pistons which no one makes for the 2az. custom work from there.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member

now back to the real arugment.

maybe it was a slight bar (well imma give it a better example a LUMP right at the front/rear padding of the rear seat.) could it be just the dealer models.

i consulted my wife again. and after both laughin our asses off about this thread, we are going to see if the TC suites her. if she likes it we will get it and interior will be gutted with some new stuff in mind. i also neglected to mention that it was 90+ degrees out with a sunroof open. could have been part of the stickyness/factor. another reason for testing out the back seats (out of the sun)

they could have put in a two peice SOLID slider for the panoramic roof cover they did on eclipses and it works fine and would have fit as well.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...

No room because the current one I believe rolls up...

But still

Do you honestly think a 225hp rating + 3500 pounds is really going to beat 200hp + 2900 pounds?
Both @ Crank
Old 06-24-2004, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wasnt too impressed either... the tC, imo, looked better in the pictures than it did in person... so i decided to go with the box.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I kinda have to agree about the styling issue. . . saw one today at Hanlees Scion of Davis(15 minutes from Sac) it's an auto and its for sale! At least that's what the dealer told me.

Anyway if the seat is such a big deal, why spend $3k more for a different car, when you could spend $20 of foam and tuck it under the cushious. . . wouldn't be hard at all. Just a thought.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey djimpak-

what kind of a buying mood were you in? just curious, because the tC and the xB are totally different cars (assuming you meant the xB by "box"). i woulda thought that if you wanted something else, you'd look into one of the competitor models like a mazda3 or a civic instead of just picking another Scion :?:
Old 06-24-2004, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are too many internet gangsters posting here. People with weight issues and people that are just bored. :? moderators should have locked this along time ago.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yo _____ WhAts Up IlL SliCe YoU cUZZ!!!

Originally Posted by cornfield
There are too many internet gangsters posting here. People with weight issues and people that are just bored. :? moderators should have locked this along time ago.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by woodstock
hey djimpak-

what kind of a buying mood were you in? just curious, because the tC and the xB are totally different cars (assuming you meant the xB by "box"). i woulda thought that if you wanted something else, you'd look into one of the competitor models like a mazda3 or a civic instead of just picking another Scion :?:
i've always wanted the xB. so that was my second choice if i didnt like the tC.