Injen's Scion TC

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 09:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by BSP_5c10n
I think the little wings on the front bumper is a little much too... anyone agree?
there called canards and they could be considered rice if not used right...on a separate note..i dont think any mod (maybe with a few exceptions) are rice by itself..its all about style and how you make everything flow with the rest of the car....you know what i think is rice?

-people who think products alone are automatically rice...
-someone who goes and buys stuff for their car cuz everyone else is and people on the boards said that its good and its not rice.
-someone who has to ask for approval if they wanted to buy a product and had to ask the forum if they think it would make their car ugly or rice. (they wanted to buy a product but dont because others say its rice or ugly)
-people who are too damned worried about making their car rice.
-people who post "haha, that is rice" just because everyone else seems to think that..

i could think of more but somethings i do agree with some of you like decals...i think they are fine if that is your sponsor, hookup, friend, cause you believe in or something but other than that..thats just not my style..especailly if its for a product you dont own. but especailly for showcars, i know they need decals..not rice, the product serves its function of gettin hookups for the owner which in exchange gives advertising to the company...
Old 11-03-2004, 11:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow thats ugly...
Old 11-03-2004, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you. Nicley put. I agree 100%
Just wait till you see my tC with huge orange tiger stripe vinyls and a big dradon on the hood
or maybe not :mrgreen:
Old 11-03-2004, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member

New pics added!!
Old 12-30-2004, 09:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good thing they picked a nice color.......
........ (cough)
Old 12-30-2004, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ewwwk, i hate the park bench on the back of the car. i must say the car must go really fast because of all those stickers. Remember guys, for every stick it adds 5hp
Old 12-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by RageAholic
Hell YA, all it takes is some stickers, cf hood and a wing and you got instant rice!
Cool, then my xB is rice then. Oh wait, I have the matching black and silver CF wing that was used on the TEIN xB at SEMA. So would my xB be leftover rice then?
Old 12-30-2004, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Rice" has a component of quality that is a matter of taste, but it also a component of quality that is a matter of function.

In the function department, to me, things that actually DETRACT from the perfomance of the car (especially when they are supposed to IMPROVE performance) are definately rice.

In the matter of taste, I say to each his own, but I'm betting that most owners of cars with overblown add ons will take those add ons off when the day comes to sell the car. Which says more about whether it is rice or not than I ever could.

From the examples above, that wing is definitely rice: A - wings do nothing below 60 mph anyway, but they add weight all the time. B - wings DETRACT straight-line performance by adding drag. C - If the beauty of the wing is enough to outweigh A&B, then it won't be rice afterall. But judging by the comments, its not.

As for wheels, well, adding weight to a moving compent on a car is the number one way to slow it down, so in that sense its ricey. But if it looks so good that it more than makes up for it, well, what the heck.

And those canards are pretty ricey. They probably don't do a dang thing below 100MPH, and when was the last time you took a curve at 100 and needed a little extra traction?

If you like the look, fine. Put them on a honda. Scions are more about style - classy style, that is.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

remember this page guys? www.riceboypage.com
Old 12-30-2004, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"remember this page guys? www.riceboypage.com"

Good link - I like the part where the guy says "Maybe someone should tell these guys that Toyota came up with a VVTI that's better than VTEC and will be in the next generation of of Celica."

Which, unoficially, the tC is.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

not all this debate on rice again guys... who invented the term rice for cars anyway?? back in my time and age, rice was always a good meal.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default injens scion tc

i find it interesting that caucasians owning scions rip fellow scion owners for "moding" when the mods, especially the performance ones, are of so little significance anyway to the 108mph scream machine we call the xb.

btw, aren't we all "ricers" anyway then?
Old 02-09-2005, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ever since the fast and the furious movies came out.. there has been a fever about putting those huge wings on "everything"... i have seen them on cadillacs to yugo's... they personally don;t do anything for me.. and lately the other craze is putting the largest wheel you can find on cars.. and i don;t mean the largest wheel the will " fit.".... i mean find.. because they will jack the car up as much as they have to to get the wheel on..