Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Sometimes our nightmares do come true!
I heard if you say "Cybergypsy" 3 times in your tC, you can hear her voice saying "OH MUH GAWD! THAT CAR SUCKS!"
Old 07-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Hex
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

lol! do it do it
Old 07-16-2004, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_X_Trodinaire
Originally Posted by rocketpants
haha i just went into the SCION AIM chat room at the top of this forum, and everyone in there is anti-tC....

I hate all Scion!

*looks out for a thunderbolt to strike down

we in chat are friendly.....
hahah....
Old 07-16-2004, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeh man then the ac turns on and the car locks all the doors and windows so you die because of the hot ac!

Originally Posted by mikochu
I heard if you say "Cybergypsy" 3 times in your tC, you can hear her voice saying "OH MUH GAWD! THAT CAR SUCKS!"
Old 07-16-2004, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kaeon
Yeh man then the ac turns on and the car locks all the doors and windows so you die because of the hot ac!

Funny, for me, when I say her name three times, I get a lap dance and more! And it is all free unlike the doc. fee.

Kevin
Old 07-16-2004, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey hey lets keep it clean and non personal

Originally Posted by Kaeon

Funny, for me, when I say her name three times, I get a lap dance and more! And it is all free unlike the doc. fee.

Kevin
Old 07-16-2004, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by rocketpants
haha i just went into the SCION AIM chat room at the top of this forum, and everyone in there is anti-tC....
neat selective memory buddy!

I was in there and if i recall correctly you and some other tC owner were bashing the xB's!

I for one do like the tC. I never said one negative thing about it.
Oh well.

-T-
Old 07-16-2004, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member

The only people who bash the tC are xA and xB owners. I hate to say it, but I would think it all comes down to personal preference, but a part of me thinks it has alot to do with "damn... wish I had waited and gotten the tC". I'm not saying that for EVERYONE, but hey... if the shoe fits.

Anyone who knows anything about cars can't hate the tC. It's impossible. You might not like the way it looks... fine. But in my opinion, whoever got the xA based upon looks is a mental case. And the xB is an acquired taste for sure. So in terms of looks... I can relate to anyone who doesn't like the tC. But if they hate the "car" itself, they are just jealous or hating or mad or something. I've never seen a non-scion owner bash the tC. 99.9 percent of the people who do are xA or xB owners... makes you go hmmmm....
Old 07-16-2004, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by tonester
The only people who bash the tC are xA and xB owners. I hate to say it, but I would think it all comes down to personal preference, but a part of me thinks it has alot to do with "damn... wish I had waited and gotten the tC". I'm not saying that for EVERYONE, but hey... if the shoe fits.

Anyone who knows anything about cars can't hate the tC. It's impossible. You might not like the way it looks... fine. But in my opinion, whoever got the xA based upon looks is a mental case. And the xB is an acquired taste for sure. So in terms of looks... I can relate to anyone who doesn't like the tC. But if they hate the "car" itself, they are just jealous or hating or mad or something. I've never seen a non-scion owner bash the tC. 99.9 percent of the people who do are xA or xB owners... makes you go hmmmm....

I love how tC owners love to talk "smack."

Both Cybergypsy and I own xAs. We were willing to trade in our xAs for tCs. But after checking them out, we found it wasn't worth it. I'd probably still get excited to see the tC on the road, but I wouldn't buy one...
Old 07-16-2004, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Both Cybergypsy and I own xAs. We were willing to trade in our xAs for tCs. But after checking them out, we found it wasn't worth it. I'd probably still get excited to see the tC on the road, but I wouldn't buy one...
dude, i don't think you wanna band yourself with her/him/whatever.

it's all good, you drive yours i drive mine
Old 07-16-2004, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just my theory but the reason why the tC gets bashed by the xA and xB owners is because A) the car was not some rebaged version of a car picked up in japan and
B) its not unusual the SCION brand is suppose to have a bunch of cool intresting looking cars for the youths but then they came out with tC which ruined everything if you look out on the road all you see are coupes,sedans,vans,suvs and sometimes hatchbacks. My point is the tC looks like every other car on the road. How many cars do you see look like the xB or bB?? None!
Old 07-16-2004, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by kenshi
Just my theory but the reason why the tC gets bashed by the xA and xB owners is because A) the car was not some rebaged version of a car picked up in japan and
B) its not unusual the SCION brand is suppose to have a bunch of cool intresting looking cars for the youths but then they came out with tC which ruined everything if you look out on the road all you see are coupes,sedans,vans,suvs and sometimes hatchbacks. My point is the tC looks like every other car on the road. How many cars do you see look like the xB or bB?? None!
element...pt cruiser...astro vans...?

for the xA/ist? aveo, aerio, mini?
Old 07-16-2004, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by tonester

That just seems really silly. I think most people, at least me, straight fell in love with the xB or their model of choice before becoming a fan of Scions in general. It wasn't like Hey Hey, I'm a Scion Fan... Now which one do i want?...

They are completely different types of vehicles that should appeal to very different groups of people for the most part. While I think the tC is a nice car, it does strike me as looking very similar to several cars out there. I don't look at it and go OH MY GOD! What a car! The xB gets compared to the Elefent, the tCs got a half dozen possible confusers...But for the features and the price, I can see the attraction. The xB, on the other hand, sticks out like a sore thumb, but in a good way...IMO.

I have no desire to own a tC, not jealous of those who have them and hope you enjoy them. And I'm sure you can find a lot more tC bashers out there than xA and xB owners, but here in Scionlife, what do you expect - xb and xa owners dog the tC, tC and xA owners laugh at the square xB and us xB owners just sit at the top of the throne knowing we are the REAL Scion... :twisted: heehee
Old 07-16-2004, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Just my theory but the reason why the tC gets bashed by the xA and xB owners is because A) the car was not some rebaged version of a car picked up in japan
I don't understand this. Is it supposed to be "bad" to have a rebadged JDM car? Then why are so many people dreaming they could import something from that market?

element...pt cruiser...astro vans...?

for the xA/ist? aveo, aerio, mini?
I'll concede to Astro Van, the others don't look like the xB, they just look different, like the xB

Be sure to add Matrix, Vibe and Echo to the xA list...
Old 07-16-2004, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You like what you like, you bash what you don't like or don't have.
That don't mean the car is not good.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok so you are saying the tC looks like a car. I am failing to get your point.
The xB when I first saw it I thought it looked like a mistake and totally 4got about scion then the tC comes along and I like what I see. The xB eventually grew on me but there is nothing really special about it its a box on wheels like pilot or whatever that honda thing is. the xA looks like matrix or a pontiac vibe pt cruiser as was mentioned or a mazda protege. the tC looks like a car and thats what people like, cars, and toyota realised this when they decided to design a scion from the ground up. as a result they will be selling alot more maybe even twice as many as before. the car doesn't have to be unconventional and 100hp to be a scion.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Originally Posted by cornfield
the tC looks like a car and thats what people like, cars, and toyota realised this when they decided to design a scion from the ground up.
HOLY CRAP, somebody get this man a genious trophy. I woulda never thought people like cars. You'd think Toyota woulda known that back in the 30s when they started the company.

JESUS CHRIST, now that Toyota has just realised this, they might take control of the car market...the one people like.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by showpaojoe
Originally Posted by cornfield
the tC looks like a car and thats what people like, cars, and toyota realised this when they decided to design a scion from the ground up.
HOLY CRAP, somebody get this man a genious trophy. I woulda never thought people like cars. You'd think Toyota woulda known that back in the 30s when they started the company.

JESUS CHRIST, now that Toyota has just realised this, they might take control of the car market...the one people like.
let me guess you own an xB?

I realised when I posted that it would be wasted on some people.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

I own an xB and tC...i just totally killed anything this thread stood for
Old 07-16-2004, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I own tC, and xB is cool for me. It don't look bad, here is some pic for hook-up xB
the car was mod, wide body and DJ table on the back with crazy audio system inside.

Originally Posted by showpaojoe
I own an xB and tC...i just totally killed anything this thread stood for

Quick Reply: Insults?