Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Insults?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh my god that thing is crazy! I wonder how much money is in that thing.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lightn899
oh my god that thing is crazy! I wonder how much money is in that thing.
answer: way...way... way too damn much.

Probably at least a Corvette's worth. Think about the mods you could do on a tC with that much money.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:36 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikochu
Originally Posted by tonester
The only people who bash the tC are xA and xB owners. I hate to say it, but I would think it all comes down to personal preference, but a part of me thinks it has alot to do with "damn... wish I had waited and gotten the tC". I'm not saying that for EVERYONE, but hey... if the shoe fits.

Anyone who knows anything about cars can't hate the tC. It's impossible. You might not like the way it looks... fine. But in my opinion, whoever got the xA based upon looks is a mental case. And the xB is an acquired taste for sure. So in terms of looks... I can relate to anyone who doesn't like the tC. But if they hate the "car" itself, they are just jealous or hating or mad or something. I've never seen a non-scion owner bash the tC. 99.9 percent of the people who do are xA or xB owners... makes you go hmmmm....

I love how tC owners love to talk "smack."

Both Cybergypsy and I own xAs. We were willing to trade in our xAs for tCs. But after checking them out, we found it wasn't worth it. I'd probably still get excited to see the tC on the road, but I wouldn't buy one...
Ditto miko....not in my dreams....
Old 07-17-2004, 02:41 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by woodstock
Both Cybergypsy and I own xAs. We were willing to trade in our xAs for tCs. But after checking them out, we found it wasn't worth it. I'd probably still get excited to see the tC on the road, but I wouldn't buy one...
dude, i don't think you wanna band yourself with her/him/whatever.

it's all good, you drive yours i drive mine

Funny but if you don't like it your wrong ,if you want one your right.....Funny huh...you would all laugh at the pms i have been getting...seems like lots of people find the car ugly.....but if you like it buy it
Old 07-17-2004, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Didn't I read somewhere that "T.C." stood for "Too Conservative"? Or, maybe it was "Awe, I coulda had TWO xB's"..

Just kiddin. The xB folk pick on the xA folk, the xA folk.. well they got noone to pick on, do they?

Old 07-17-2004, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

they get to pick on the hondas :D
Old 07-17-2004, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by cornfield
Originally Posted by JUMBO
F them. In the ear. Running.
how does one go about such a procedure? :D
I would imaging them having to be quite athletic. Weird, but athletic.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion

So I don't understand why everyone that doesn't own a TC gets in here and "talks smack" about it. Is it an ego thing? In my experience in the forums I have been in specific to something, only the people that are interested in that thing read and post. Maybe the people getting on here to bit#@ and complain about the TC should waste there time in their own forum.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All the Scion cars are great in their own right. Personally I love the tC for its sporty look. But I have test driven the other two and thought they were pretty cool. The xB was much better than I thought though both could use a little "supercharger". To me, the xB is a little SUV w/o the 4 wheel drive. The roominess is unbelievable. But I wanted something sporty, good price, and good looking and the tC met all the criteria. Have had it for over a week and still loving it......

Kevin

PS. Most people still don't know what Scion is or even how to pronounce it. So let's keep them in the dark and ride our Scions with a great big smile
Old 07-18-2004, 08:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Originally Posted by tonester
The only people who bash the tC are xA and xB owners. I hate to say it, but I would think it all comes down to personal preference, but a part of me thinks it has alot to do with "damn... wish I had waited and gotten the tC". I'm not saying that for EVERYONE, but hey... if the shoe fits.

Anyone who knows anything about cars can't hate the tC. It's impossible. You might not like the way it looks... fine. But in my opinion, whoever got the xA based upon looks is a mental case. And the xB is an acquired taste for sure. So in terms of looks... I can relate to anyone who doesn't like the tC. But if they hate the "car" itself, they are just jealous or hating or mad or something. I've never seen a non-scion owner bash the tC. 99.9 percent of the people who do are xA or xB owners... makes you go hmmmm....

I love how tC owners love to talk "smack."

Ditto miko....not in my dreams....
Well, that is cool and all but what I find annoying is the amount of negativity brought when comments are made. Constructive criticism is one thing but half the time I see a comment from Cyber, it is usually on the level like "oh man, the car isn't worth it" or "[insert_car] is would be a much better purchase then the tC". It is like you are ignoring all the merits of the car because it just wasn't your style...

I wouldn't buy the xA or xB...the styling is a little too extroverted for my liking but fun at the same time and the performance from both is just too low. However, I still would call them good cars and I wouldn't troll their forums looking to denigrate the cars every time I see a thread about a small problem...I think that all the regulars on this forum would just like the same consideration.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Ever since Cybergypsy was asked to stop with her comments (over a week ago), the moderators haven't really noticed any questionable activity... Seems like you guys are still bent about it...
Old 07-18-2004, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Ever since Cybergypsy was asked to stop with her comments (over a week ago), the moderators haven't really noticed any questionable activity... Seems like you guys are still bent about it...
I did notice that the comments weren't coming as badly as they were before but I just had to get that out of my system. Sorry if I am being redudant, I had no idea that moderators had already handled the situation...and yes, I am still a little bent about some of the comments made :oops: .
Old 07-18-2004, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by showpaojoe
Originally Posted by cornfield
the tC looks like a car and thats what people like, cars, and toyota realised this when they decided to design a scion from the ground up.
HOLY CRAP, somebody get this man a genious trophy. I woulda never thought people like cars. You'd think Toyota woulda known that back in the 30s when they started the company.

JESUS CHRIST, now that Toyota has just realised this, they might take control of the car market...the one people like.
hmmm... i've always thought the xa and xb were cars... i guess not. i guess the xa and xb is just an egg and a box....
Old 07-18-2004, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

everyone just chill out .. we are all scion owners lets just drive in piece and tip are hats to eachother if we see eachother driving .. no matter if its an xa, xb , or tc... we all have our purpose xb and xa can show body kits and audio visual stuff. and us tc guys can show performance ... thats it so lets all hug now
Old 07-18-2004, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by maybeillcatchfire
everyone just chill out .. we are all scion owners lets just drive in piece and tip are hats to eachother if we see eachother driving .. no matter if its an xa, xb , or tc... we all have our purpose xb and xa can show body kits and audio visual stuff. and us tc guys can show performance ... thats it so lets all hug now
heh, is it just me or does that sound like an arrogant comment?
Old 07-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Banned
SL Member

No Miko.....you know what they say about men that drive porsche, same goes for the TC!
(now stop laughing and drive)
Old 07-18-2004, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC is poor man Lexus
I don't really like tC, but I don't hate it.
but who knows what will happen ?
Now I might not like the car, and later on I might have one

:D
Old 07-18-2004, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chobits
tC is poor man Lexus

That is the most retarded statement i've ever heard. However, with your ability to spell and form sentences, retardation is not completely out of the question. How can you compare one car model, to an entire line of cars? Also, a tC is nothing like any Lexus, therefore you can't compare the two. The IS300 is nice, I was going to get one before I decided on the tC instead. However, they are two entirely different cars.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by hmmyeah
Originally Posted by chobits
tC is poor man Lexus

That is the most retarded statement i've ever heard. However, with your ability to spell and form sentences, retardation is not completely out of the question. How can you compare one car model, to an entire line of cars? Also, a tC is nothing like any Lexus, therefore you can't compare the two. The IS300 is nice, I was going to get one before I decided on the tC instead. However, they are two entirely different cars.
See, this is a typical tC owner comment.

I, too, say that the tC is like a poor man's Lexus. The tC _was_ designed by a Lexus designer. When I took it for a test drive, it felt like a skimped out Lexus. I'll have to look at it again, though.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
No Miko.....you know what they say about men that drive porsche, same goes for the TC!
(now stop laughing and drive)

haha yeah thats it ;)

Quick Reply: Insults?