Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

I've had my '07 tC for 48 hours...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I've had my '07 tC for 48 hours...

... and someone already keyed it. In the lot I was parked in last night, there were a bunch of University cars and mine; I have a special 24-hour permit (because I worked for the University in that building.) Sure enough, someone decided to put a scratch running from one taillight up across my trunklid to the other.

I buffed it out with some Nu Finish Scratch Doctor, but what the hell is this ____? I wish I would've found their car - they wouldn't have had a single window intact. Never, ever f with a man's car. My God.

And for things that probably belong in Auto/Exterior (mods move if you feel the whole thread should be there

That said, I'll also get some pictures today once I get a car wash. I installed a bunch of parts I had lying around my garage - some Sylvania Silverstars into the low beam spots, the M3 Lip Spoiler from SCIONXFACTOR, and I removed that overly-large tC badge from the rear (which has found a new home on my tool chest.) All in all, it's a bunch of simple things that have improved the overall look of the car.

A long time ago (from 2000-2002) I leased a 2001 Lexus IS300, and when I had the car I must've removed the antenna for a project, as I found it in my tool chest today. (I'm in college and live away from my parents' house (have for four years now), and all of my tools are here, so I haven't noticed it as I haven't worked on Japanese cars for at least two years now.)

The antenna is the same style as the one that comes on the tC aside from the fact that it doesn't have the extra coil running around the outside, so it looks cleaner. I removed the OEM tC antenna and put the IS300's antenna in its place as an experiment, and radio reception is somehow actually better - the low end from the radio comes through more than on the stock tC antenna and I'm about 70 miles driving distance from the radio station's tower at present.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel for you man. Right after I got my tC, my golden retriever jumped up on the door to see me when I was IN the car. He left some scratches, but it's a bad feeling when something like that happens.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i remember a discussion from last year about this topic(some time last summer). studies have shown that "keying" is for the most part NOT a random act of violence, particularly if the cars around yours were not also keyed. it is often victim directed. you might want to think about who may be ticked at you.

gl...post photos btw.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by surfcity40
i remember a discussion from last year about this topic(some time last summer). studies have shown that "keying" is for the most part NOT a random act of violence, particularly if the cars around yours were not also keyed. it is often victim directed. you might want to think about who may be ticked at you.

gl...post photos btw.
I haven't ____ed anyone off lately, and I haven't any clue who would be that jealous of me (the guy I'd suspect of doing something like that is long out of town.)
Old 07-02-2006, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah it sucks to have that happen the day after i had mine someone in my parking lot at work put a nice scratch on my front bumper...then like 2 months later i was at a red light and it was extremely windy out and a sign blew into my passenger door and left a nice dent in it... you can never have anything nice without something happening to it
Old 07-02-2006, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member

Funny that this thread came up today. I've had my 06 BCP tc now for 7 months and have been extremely lucky to not have any dents, dings, or scratches. Actually, that would be a miracle considering most of my daily driving is in the city.

Lo and behold what do I see today? A nice 8-10 inch scratch along my rear quarter, right along the top of the right wheel well. Looked like someone dragged a piece of drywall along the side as there appeared to be powdery marks along the scratch itself.

sigh...

You always prepare for this stuff, especially for a daily driver, but when it actually happens, you still feel sad inside.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

wow... 48 hours and you already got keyed? i woulda killed myself.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel for ya man! It makes you sick to your stomach when something like that happens. I always park far away from everyone to aviod door dings, but a few months ago I got a flat tire, and took it to goodyear. When I came back to get my car after it was fixed there was nice dent in the back driverside panel above the wheel. I was so ticked... but there where no other cars around, otherwise I would have kicked some butt. I still chewed out the mechanic who parked my car tho.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jealous haters...they probably drive a 95 ford aspire
Old 07-02-2006, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ann arbour >_>
Old 07-02-2006, 04:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I've had my '07 tC for 48 hours...

[quote="eston"]... and someone already keyed it. In the lot I was parked in last night, there were a bunch of University cars and mine; I have a special 24-hour permit (because I worked for the University in that building.) Sure enough, someone decided to put a scratch running from one taillight up across my trunklid to the other.

DOn't feel so bad!~ i'm right wiht ya....just 72 hours after i got my 07 tc, my car got keeyyyd up badly at the mall and it was broad daylight!!!! gosh was i mad and depressed....i balld when i saw it. (got my new tc last saturday)

[/color]
Old 07-02-2006, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah it sucks having something done to something u try to keep nice and protected ill get some pics of my injured ride[/b]
Old 07-02-2006, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

OMG is that HORRIBLE!!! I freaking hate people. Grrr
Old 07-02-2006, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when things like that happen, you get one of those James Bond security systems put on your car, that will shock them if the touch it, and then you'll also have the phone with the built-in remote control so you can drive from the back seat , get in front of the **** who keyed your car, and drop the spikes and oil on them.... lol, it's late and I'm getting carried away..
Old 07-02-2006, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats horrible.... i hate ppl., its like a babysitter shaking your baby when you arent there.... i think they same day i got my car i "kissed" the ground going up a steep driveway and i nearly had a heartattack. whats worse is the feeling that i did it.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jasonrs2
wow... 48 hours and you already got keyed? i woulda killed myself.
i second that.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how do you fix something like that? do you have to get a complete paint job?
Old 07-02-2006, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it's down to the primer or even worse, bare metal you'll have to paint it. I doubt they just scratched the clear coat or some paint off. If you don't take care of it , it will eventually rust, and then your car has cancer.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i feel bad for u...
and that picture too... ouch.

happy b-day though
Old 07-02-2006, 09:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oww!!!

Quick Reply: I've had my '07 tC for 48 hours...