Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

I've had my '07 tC for 48 hours...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member

I know u felt when u seen dat...I saw mine when i walked out the front door of my house an saw something thought it was just dirt but when i washed my ride there it was on the passenger side..I just wanted to kill someone cause i just had my ride for two weeks not even a month..
Old 07-02-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kayeenxteen24, you mentioned you got a new tC after someone keyed your car. i'm assuming you ment you got your tC back from the shop and it looked like new. or did you actually mean you got a brand new car b/c you got keyed?
Old 07-02-2006, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch.... if i was a hit man id find who ever did that for you... but on a somewhat related story my g/f keyed the fuuuuc out of her ex's car she said she keyed every panel... so i guess if you ____ed someone off and they see you, your car is very vulnerable all they have to do is look for it. she saw him at the mall and looked for the car for like 30 minutes so yea just be carefull and dont ____ of women cause they hit you were it hurts..
Old 07-02-2006, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man Ive had my car for about a month and the first week shopping carts nailed it.
Then last night some chick kicked it, and I mean really booted it, and left a big dent/scratch. I don't understand people.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i feel your pain. the first week i had my car, went to bw3's for lunch while at work, since it was kinda cold out people were wearing jackets... well, some lady got her little kid out of the car and i sat there and watched as the kids's zipper went from the gas tank lid to the front wheel well.

i was so mad i coulda killed someone. but then i saw it and was able to remove it with scratch-x.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default in the same boat

Oy I'm in there with you all too...

Just after I picked up my 06 I had someone clip it in the parking lot at my appartments... looked like they were parking and swung in too wide.. nice dent and scratch on my driver door and front fender. Down to the primer even =( Going to touch it up and rewax it and hope that fixes it well enough since the dent isn't very visible.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we should just start keying every car that's not a tc... and get even... and when you see another tc.. .park next to it... and take turns watching the cars.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ amen, tC owners the world (ok, country) over should band together wherever they are and form an anti-scratch posse
Old 07-14-2006, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member

Dang I live in Ann Arbor, makes me scared. I've had my 06 since feb and got my first door ding not too long ago and that peed me off!! Sorry man that really sucks!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

My crook lock also serves as a car bashing tool. Luckily, there hasnt been any use for it yet.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just an FYI, I did auto body and paint for 5 years, had one car I did in 2 magazines (smaller car mags... but still... and I do have pics)

Anyways... the rule of thumb for scratches is this:

If you drag your fingernail (lightly!) over the scratch, and it catches... it needs repainted.

If you drag your fingernail over it and it DOES NOT catch, it more likely than not will come out with just wet sanding and buffing.

Either way... people that do stuff like that, or break into cars, or whatever... well let's just say they REALLY tick me off...
Old 07-14-2006, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jasonrs2
wow... 48 hours and you already got keyed? i woulda killed myself.
lol. what kinda life do you live? I would have killed somebody.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by FallenAngel
Just an FYI, I did auto body and paint for 5 years, had one car I did in 2 magazines (smaller car mags... but still... and I do have pics)

Anyways... the rule of thumb for scratches is this:

If you drag your fingernail (lightly!) over the scratch, and it catches... it needs repainted.

If you drag your fingernail over it and it DOES NOT catch, it more likely than not will come out with just wet sanding and buffing.

Either way... people that do stuff like that, or break into cars, or whatever... well let's just say they REALLY tick me off...
GOOD INFO!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is ccrrapppy man. That is quite a deep scratch. I always keep a baseball bat in the back of my car for one of those types of people
Old 07-31-2006, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That SUCKS ....wow...so many ********* in the world today...such jealous people....I dont have to worry bout it too much around here...why I watch where I park..>I dont really LEAVE my car....but I fear the mall where I go to...which I probably WONT go to...haha

Sorry to hear again...thats ridiculous....wish you knew who did it to your car...wish it didnt happen at all
Old 07-31-2006, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The problem with people is because they can get away with it so they do it and that we can't carry guns out in the open. How often do you think events like this would happen if people could carry a Glock 45 cal on there hip in broad daylight.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SirPhobos1
i feel your pain. the first week i had my car, went to bw3's for lunch while at work, since it was kinda cold out people were wearing jackets... well, some lady got her little kid out of the car and i sat there and watched as the kids's zipper went from the gas tank lid to the front wheel well.

i was so mad i coulda killed someone. but then i saw it and was able to remove it with scratch-x.

I already refuse to park next to mini-vans and the like, because there's not a kid in the world that cares if your car gets scratched. I only park next to nice expensive cars, or I park far away and walk.