JADA tc (PIC) THE TOY!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006 | 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Phixeus
Me personnaly, i dont think that i should have had to buy a car with a defect to get a nice collectable. i think they should atleast make them available to everyone through purchase.
I disagree. I think it is very honorable for Scion to be giving an exclusive collectable car to the people with the recall. This deflector recall is the FIRST recall for the Scion brand. They strive to make great cars and I am very impressed that they are going out of their way to have these special edition cars for the people that have had to sit at the dealership and have the recall performed.

If anyone could go out and buy one of these cars, they wouldn't really mean anything. It is really cool that only the people who got the recall performed are getting these. And it doesn't seem like Scion is doing it for the PR. They feel bad about the recall so the die cast is an apology.

This just shows that they genuinely care about what their consumers think of them. Could you imagine Chevrolet or Ford giving out a special gift for their recalls? Don't think so. Scion Rules
Old 01-25-2006 | 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

to each his own, but like i said, i shoudl not have to have been lucky enough to have bought a car that was F$@ked up to have a collectable.

let me also clarify that i dont think the one they sell should be the one that the 05 and earlier people got. you all did get screwed with haveing to sit in the dealership and you do deserve a special one but guess what, Scion put a clamp on Jada Toys and they can not sell any version of the tC. so we will probably never see a diecast version of it.

But god help the living they sell about 15 versions of the xB. i just want to be able to own a diecast. not necessarly the one you guys got. blablabla, you all get the point. but this is only how i feel. and everyone is intitled to their opinion

"as long as its the same as mine!"
J/K

oh and Ford and Chevy do give gifts with recalls and its usually a rental car bill! not fancy but a gift none the less.
Old 01-25-2006 | 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is a whole thread about that scion gift right here...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=asc&highlight
Old 01-25-2006 | 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Phixeus
Scion put a clamp on Jada Toys and they can not sell any version of the tC. so we will probably never see a diecast version of it.
Completely untrue

I have talked with representitives from Jada Toys and have been told that they will have die cast tC's in stores around March. Granted, they won't be the same as the "recall tC's", there WILL be a tC in stores for anyone to buy. You will just have to wait a bit longer than those of us that "suffered" through the recall.