Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Jasper Ash's Scion tC | New wheels! 3SDM goodness!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pics are up. Phew. There was a lot of them to go through.

G2Low, I'll post a good amount of these on your GS thread and I'll send you the URL's via PM so you can show the good people of ClubLexus these shots.

Flint, my flickr is http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasperash/

You like the work?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics look legit man! what ar eyou using for editing? piknic? how do you like that? do you have to pay more ontop of the flickr membership? am i asking to many questions? should i stop?

im done..
Old 06-04-2010, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL. I like piknic. I'm photoshop retarded (and I don't want to drop the money on it yet), so piknic does the job. I have the semi-annual membership, it's like $9.99 for 6 months, I think. It gives you all the goodies. I think you'd like it. It's simple and it does the trick. It doesn't offer watermarking, though. So my watermarks are chit.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

i downloaded a torrent version for PS and it never worked, only like 3 times. so i gave up.

i like piknic editing, seems simple and does alot. the pics you have look great bro, the watermarking doesnt bother me too much, i added you on flickr
Old 06-05-2010, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive got a disc for photoshop....7? i think, i never use the program though. too in depth for me lol
Old 06-05-2010, 09:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm... I may want..

I've been spending a lot of time looking at Ricelands tonight. Ugh.. I want low so bad. I'm actually sitting here thinking of reasons why to buy them.

1. They're cheap.
2. They go LOW
3. They'll most likely blow a shock, but customer service will send me another.
4. LOW.
5.... SOMEONE STOP ME!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

idk man. lol its a tough decision
Old 06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
SL Member

^ what springs are you on...stechs? those look kinda low to be stechs..but whats lower than stechs ? lol..

Jasper, i havent been in the raceland thread too much lately, how many people are blowing their shocks out?
...their cheep, but idnt think you want to go cheap on suspension, than again i remember alot of peeps saying they loved em, and the VW guys seem to like them also..
I guess if you can deal with uninstalling and reinstalling a new shock if it does happen, and your ok with it..im sure a shop would charge you close to 100..but if your ok with doing it yourself id say get em!

...but you see me, im too damn lazy to even adjust my height lol
Old 06-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah im on stechs. that's why I swear the early production stechs are lower then newer. mine were bought 3 yrs ago, just never installed them till recently (2 months ago)

idk man don't go with racelands, you had them and switched them for a reason you know. even if customer service is good do you really wanna go threw the hassle of changing them out every so often?
Old 06-05-2010, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're right. I simply didn't trust them when I first bought them. (I also didn't know that I'd want to go lower than I am now. LOL) But maaaaaaybe buy a set - sell my Tokico/S-techs combo, and continue to save for a set of Basics, or something else. Or I can just man up, save some cash, and wait for a nice set of coils to drop onto the PPC section. Which is what I had in mind from the beginning. :shrug:

Low envy. Its FTL.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:41 PM
SL Member

im at the point where im fed up with my coilovers, having to unbolt the damn control arm to adjust height! If you get coilovers get ones that adjust by compressing the spring, thats where i f'd up to save a couple of hundred dollars..

Im about to toss my springs i have sitting in my closet on my car just so i dnt have to fcck with it anymore lol

Id just wait until some teins pop up in the classifieds mang, you know what would look good ur stechs with some wide asz wheels...your car doesnt have too much of a gap, i think it looks good...(whats it like less than a finger gap?)
Old 06-05-2010, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Front is like 1ish finger gap, rear is 2. I rub pretty often in the front, so any wider and I'd really rub. Im going to have to pull the fronts if I go any lower or wider. But I only want like an inch lower in the front. Spacers are on the list too.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:11 PM
SL Member

i think your height would be perfect if you just cambered it out a little, ya know

do you know what your rubbing? is it the actual fender or plastic? heat gun the plastic or shave your fenders with either a dremel or belt sander..im not too big on rolling, im not too sure on pulling the tc's fenders it may look like chit due to the way their shaped
Old 06-05-2010, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not sure what I'm rubbing on. But it sounds like someone's slamming on their brakes next to me when I rub. I would definately be careful if I do any work to it. I hate how a lot of these slammed cars have warped and chipped fenders. Does the tC have camber links or anything for the front?
Old 06-05-2010, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trust in racelands jasper .. i was sketchy too man but they feel great!
Old 06-05-2010, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's in the back of my mind, man. Only time will tell.

Now that were on the topic, can you honestly tell me what issues you've had with them? I'd like your full review. How are your roads. Do you daily drive your tC. Any knocks, squeals? The good and the bad. Why are these worth it? I'm not crazy about saving money. I'm terrible at that. It's more about reliability and simplicity for me.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

had TONS of squeaking the first week but we never put grease on em when installing. but we lubed em up and boom, all that disappeared.

i daily my car,dont do much spirited driving..roads arent really too bad i stay off the crappy ones but theyve held up fine on the chitty ones no problems.

they feel really solid, best 300 bucks ive spent on my car for sure great customer service..if ur just looking for a drop u cant beat em
Old 06-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

the fronts don't have camer links, u need to buy camber bolts for them
Old 06-06-2010, 02:48 AM
SL Member

alot of coilovers end up squeaking man, my 1 rear had this slight squeek ..i lubed the bushing and quiet..I sware i have to be i guess the only guy in this thread who thinks your car looks fine the way it is lol...when we were driving to that place behind WholeFoods and i was driving behind you..i was thinking to myself damn that chit looks hot lol...id say throw some spacers in the rear, add negitive camber!
Old 06-06-2010, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ LOL thanks, man. What you said in your GS thread is true. People who have the same car as you find reasons to say "do moar!". But no, I agree. My car does look good. I'm very proud of how far its come in such a short period of time and how well done it is considering that this is my first car that I've ever modded in any way, shape, or form.

But still. I want more low. It's been the way that I want my car since I've discovered stanced and all that. I just need to continue to practice patience and do it right. Or maybe I'll try racelands and use my current setup to earn cash for a solid set of coils that I really want. Who knows. Either way, it'll come together.

EDIT: Why do I have three "Scion tC" bars under my avatar? I tried to register my car on SL one time, and it didn't seem to work. Hmmm.

Last edited by Jasper Ash; 06-07-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Jasper Ash's Scion tC | New wheels! 3SDM goodness!