Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Lifetime warranty at no extra cost.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 07:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Lifetime warranty at no extra cost.

I just wanted to let everyone know, if you're looking for a scion or toyota you should goto fort myers toyota. it's worth it if you're planning on keeping your car for awhile.

They're offering a lifetime warranty (unlimited time & unlimited miles) on the engine & transmition on any new toyota/scion purchased there.

This warranty can't be passed along when I trade in the car, but I could keep the car for 500,000 miles and just keep getting the engines & transmitions replaced. Not a bad deal.

36k or 3years bumper-bumper is still in effect.

Are there any other dealerships offering this?
Old 05-05-2005, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Make sure you read the fine print, these warranties usually require you to do all scheduled maintance at that dealer's service department. Miss any of the maintenance on the schedule or do it yourself and the warranty is gone.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Tuners

Lustine Toyota in Woodbridge VA does that too. And ^^^^ is right. Even oil changes will void the warrenty.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ouch, having to let the dealership do everything to it in order to keep the warranty?? Nuh uh, no way, not gonna do it It hurts to let anyones hands other than my own beneath the hood of my car... much less letting the dealer work on my car forever!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Tuners

Agreed! My lifetime warrenty was voided at 1000 miles when I did the first oil change!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProfoundMoron
Agreed! My lifetime warrenty was voided at 1000 miles when I did the first oil change!
Old 05-05-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ProfoundMoron
Lustine Toyota in Woodbridge VA does that too. And ^^^^ is right. Even oil changes will void the warrenty.
Thats where i got my tC and i read the fine print. I MUST do all the services at their dealer. If I miss one service or go somewhere else, it'll void the lifetime warrenty. They hooked me up though cause they included all my services in my monthly payments so all i gotta do is show up, they do the work and i'm out.

BUT, this warrenty only goes into effect as soon as the factory warrenty expires. They even gave me a warrenty on the rims! lol. if they bend or anything and it affects the tire and tire pressure, they will either fix it or give me a new rim.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol I think going to the dealership every 10k miles wont hurt to see if everything is good.
But every work has to be done at the dealers that got to hurt your wallet.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was planning on letting them do the maintence anyways, so it really not a problem.

I really don't want to change the oil myself anymore, I did that on my last 3 cars.. a least this way everything goes on the record of the car, and the first 3 are free.

they really don't care about mods much either. I installed a short shifter & when I put the OBX shift **** back on I stripped the threads.. they installed a new one for me with no problems at all.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can't blame the dealership for wanting to ensure the "work" was done. Let's say you have a full warranty and never changed your oil. Then your engine blows up. It should not be the dealer's obligation to pay for a new engine.

As always, buyer beware on any type of warranty purchase!!!

Kevin
Old 05-06-2005, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good point.. I wonder if it is any toyota/scion dealer or just specifically the one you bought the car at.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Lustine's lifetime warranty is *only* good at Lustine. So, lets say you do all your maint. with Lustine, and your warranty is intact. you're at 80,000 miles, so your factory warranty is over. If you are driving in, say North Carolina, on your way to the beach, and your car breaks down, you're screwed. Even if it breaks down right in front of a Scion dealership. You would have to tow your car all the way back to Lustine (at your cost) to get it fixed under the warranty.

I'm not saying Lustine's (or any other Dealer) warranty is a bad thing, just that they are very limiting inthe sense that all maint has to be done with them (at their prices, which may or may not be competitive) and you have to take it them for any warranty work. And there is a deductible, $200 I think.