Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

A little too much glitter in the FM?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member

Default A little too much glitter in the FM?

Saw a Flint Mica tC yesterday for the first time on a sunny day (it's been very rainy and overcast lately). When I had seen it before I thought it looked amazing. I was a little surprised when I saw just how sparkly (is that a word?) the car really was. In direct sunlight it almost looks like they let a 14 year old girl loose with a can of pink, green, and blue glitter and let her throw it all over the car. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing on the color at all as it is still my favorite alongside the Super White (which I have yet to see in person). But it seems to me that they went a little over board on the sparlkes, and it definatly does not need ANY pink flakes IMO. Am I the only one who is slightly concerned about this?

Do you smell something burning? Ok, flame away...
Old 03-03-2005, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha, your right about the flakes in the paint. I like my FM tC, and I think the flakes make the car stand out on those bright shiny days. You cant really make out the colors of the flakes unless you get real close. Just wait till you see it during the sunset lighting outside
Old 03-03-2005, 07:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i own a FM and i love it when it sparkles.... its the only reason i was my car and i park it on the street so tmy house doesnt block the sun as its setting so i can watch my car sparkle.... then i pull it in the garage at night.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"twinkle, twinkle baby...twinkle, twinkle"

I can't get enough of the FM, it's the best color I've had with a car and has gotten me plenty of compliments. When it sparkles in the sunlight, it's absolutely breathtaking. It's covered in road salt now though, I hate winter.

All that glitters is gold.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:10 PM
erc
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think you might be thinking about it too hard. I took my car to a car show (not entered it, but I did park next to friends who were showing their cars)

This was about a month after the tC came out. At least 3 people asked me specifically about the paint, asked if it was House of Kolor or Dupont, etc. They were quite surprised when I told them it was stock paint.

Yes, it is very metallic, and maybe even a slight hint of rainbow metallic, but I think it looks excellent, but there's no accounting for taste... everyone has their own opinions
Old 03-03-2005, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I also think they could've cut down on the color choices in the glitter. Or pick some other colors that would be less "rainbow" like.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it's cool. Everyone loves the color, and it's the most popular color now. Apparantly Lexus also has it on there RX330. I think the color is classy! Glitter Shmitter! it's perfect the way it is.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member

FM was my first and only choice! I fell in with it since I saw it for the first time. You're right about the gliterish look, but you can only notice that if you get really close. Besides, it looks great under the sun. Can't stop getting compliments on the paint color!
Old 03-03-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: A little too much glitter in the FM?

yeah, i wanted either the sw or the fm and after seeing the fm UP CLOSE i decided that i'm gonna get a sw instead. i love how the fm looks in the sunlight from a distance and it looks amazing during twilight hours... but UP CLOSE, the glitter. all that glitter. i'm going with the sw because i'm scared that everytime i walk up to my fm, i would have the same reaction i did when i first saw it. just too much glitter for my taste...
Old 03-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Emo
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: A little too much glitter in the FM?

Originally Posted by AZPunktC
Saw a Flint Mica tC yesterday for the first time on a sunny day (it's been very rainy and overcast lately). When I had seen it before I thought it looked amazing. I was a little surprised when I saw just how sparkly (is that a word?) the car really was. In direct sunlight it almost looks like they let a 14 year old girl loose with a can of pink, green, and blue glitter and let her throw it all over the car. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing on the color at all as it is still my favorite alongside the Super White (which I have yet to see in person). But it seems to me that they went a little over board on the sparlkes, and it definatly does not need ANY pink flakes IMO. Am I the only one who is slightly concerned about this?

Do you smell something burning? Ok, flame away...
actually I got the same comment from my friend yesterday when he saw my BSP in direct sun light... it had Green, Blue, red an dit was so fruity!!! lol but i still love it

-Emo
Old 03-03-2005, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That fact that the sun is so damn bright in Arizona (and here in Vegas) doesn't help. But that's the color I ordered! I love it! I was considering the dark blue (I forget the name, azure I think) but it reminded me too much of the blue saturns. I really liked the Black Cherry Pearl as well, but my old eclipse was close to that color, and my wife's minivan is that color as well.