2005-2010 [ANT10]

Loan Rates

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Loan Rates

Alright - enough of you just bought tC's that I'm hoping for a little help here. I know Toyota/Scion sells enough cars that they don't have to give out very good financing rates. What kind of rates are you getting? Scion.com defaults to 4.9% when you build a car there, but bankrate.com looks like actual rates are more like 5.9% - anyone know what's being offered?
Old 07-13-2004, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There was a thread on here about this I think....but anyways i got mine on Saturday and I was given 4.9% (best rate). I was very surprised because I'm still in College and work part-time. I checked one credit union and they give me 4.25% as their best rate. I decided to go with Toyota for the $400 rebate. My bank told me they could do 5.25% at best.

Hope this helps!
-Alex
Old 07-13-2004, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

in my region its as follows: zone 1=4.9 2=5.15 3=9.75 4=12.5
All good up to 60 months
Old 07-13-2004, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: Loan Rates

Originally Posted by iowagary
Alright - enough of you just bought tC's that I'm hoping for a little help here. I know Toyota/Scion sells enough cars that they don't have to give out very good financing rates. What kind of rates are you getting? Scion.com defaults to 4.9% when you build a car there, but bankrate.com looks like actual rates are more like 5.9% - anyone know what's being offered?
Last weekend I got 3.85%, 48 months from the dealer. It was provided from a local bank, not Toyota credit.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I had to go 72 months to make the payments and my APR is 5.95
Old 07-13-2004, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm set up to get 3.8% through AAA, and they're even 'finding' the car for me.. I think my tC is getting ordered through a volume buyer -- I've already got the confirmation number, but I'm expecting to wait just as long as anyone else! Two more weeks!! *I hope*

-K
Old 07-14-2004, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Loan Rates

Originally Posted by SonomaPhil

Last weekend I got 3.85%, 48 months from the dealer. It was provided from a local bank, not Toyota credit.
Anyone know if this is a common thing? The dealer partnered up with someone local?
Old 07-14-2004, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion

while waiting for our car to hit the dealership, the lowest rate was 4.9 but a few days before the car came in, my sales guy called to tell me that toyota sent out a memo saying the rate would be going up to 5.3. since, at the time, i wasn't 100% sure we were getting the scion (over the mazda3), i didn't go and "lock it in" at 4.9. so we got 5.3. i'm plenty happy with that. the best we could get on the previous car (toyota matrix) was 5.9.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got 4.8% through the dealership. I believe I could've got 4.75% through a credit union, but I decided to pass. I had to go dealer anyways, sinc eI got my $400 rebate/credit
Old 07-14-2004, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by doubledown
I got 4.8% through the dealership. I believe I could've got 4.75% through a credit union, but I decided to pass. I had to go dealer anyways, sinc eI got my $400 rebate/credit
The $400 rebate, meaning the college graduate rebate? You mean you can't get that unless you finance with the dealer? Where does it say that? I was planning on getting it with my credit union and also getting the $400 rebate.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nero tC
Originally Posted by doubledown
The $400 rebate, meaning the college graduate rebate? You mean you can't get that unless you finance with the dealer? Where does it say that? I was playing on getting it with my credit union and also getting the $400 rebate.
I think i heard that was their rule....not sure, you may want to ask them. I just went through the dealer because the .05% wouldn't kill me.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member

4.45 from Toyota 60 months
Old 07-15-2004, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Finance Rates.

First, the rates vary by region, so rates in TX will differ from rates in CA.

Second, all dealers must post rates on their website, so just go to the websites of local dealers and look at the rates.

Third, My store, as well as many others, offer financing from banks besides just Toyota. It lets us stay competitive in the market, and also helps people get approved that Toyota would decline.

Fourth, The $400 College Rebate is offered through Toyota Financial Services (TFS), so they're rule is if you want it, you finance with them.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn! who are you people. I checked lendingtree.com and the best they could come up with was 6.79% and I was happy.

My gf is paying 11% on her car...
Old 07-15-2004, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dang, you people are getting pretty good rates. i personally went with capitalone. and they gave me 6.95% which isn't bad considering im college student, and my credit is fairly new. i was expecting close to 12% ill check out some other places to see if i can get a better rate.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got 3.49% from my local credit union, 36 months.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Finance Rates.

Originally Posted by JBHS98
First, the rates vary by region, so rates in TX will differ from rates in CA.

Second, all dealers must post rates on their website, so just go to the websites of local dealers and look at the rates.

Third, My store, as well as many others, offer financing from banks besides just Toyota. It lets us stay competitive in the market, and also helps people get approved that Toyota would decline.

Fourth, The $400 College Rebate is offered through Toyota Financial Services (TFS), so they're rule is if you want it, you finance with them.

Hope that helps.
Where can I find more information about this $400 college rebate and it being offered by toyota financial services? my dealer didn't seem to know anything about this rebate.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member

your dealer is either an idiot or lying.. that college grad rebate is one of the most universal rebates around for any dealership.. usually 400-600. Anyways, check scion.com they'll have the info there I think under financing.. i'd post the link here but my work computer is having problems with the flash on that site... hmm... maybe they don't want me going on the internet at work..
Old 07-15-2004, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dude if the dealer said a certain percentage before like they said you're lock in to that rate, should you get it written down in a document stating ur lock to that price?

coz' what happened was recently the rate increased and when I got my TC they gave me a higher rate instead from the one they told me. Not really a big difference though .15 percentage difference only.

The sales guy said he can't sell the car to me on the rate anymore that we have to put me on the new rate. he showed me a fax document stating there the increase rates in our area (IL).

So have no other option but to say YES that's fine and he even manage to show me he difference it'll make. Not much too compared to mortgage interest wherein a .5 change will make a huge difference.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a warning for those of you "browsing rates". Be sure you aren't actually applying for the loan, meaning they run a credit check on you and everything, as each time you do this your credit score lowers and your interest rate will start to go up.

Quick Reply: Loan Rates