Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

luminics

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

JUST AN FYI.. guy.. you do realize that when you change to a higher temp of light.. (in a filtered holygen bulb).... you are actually "decreasing" the amount of usable light you are putting to the street...!! especially when you run those bulbs that have a DARK blue filter..! even silverstars have filter but a very light filter..

yes.. the blue coating on the bulb is a filter.. it will filter out any " usable " light outside of the filters wavelenght... im no light engineer... but have tested enough of these blue bulbs to tell the difference.. i can't imagine why you would want to sacrifice safety for looks..

i run silverstars... and that is about as much filtering as i want to have... my next move is to real HID's... and not for the looks.. but for the amount of light..!!

but to each their own...!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the look of the UV's I have, although I don't think they throw out quite as much light as the OEM bulb (which I thought were really bright). Still plenty bright, though.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member

I just have to say that if you are going to get a pair of luminics get them from Scott at
http://www.luminicsbulbs.com/
He has been awesome in helping me out, he even agreed to replace the bulbs that I ordered wrong with the right type! Thanks a lot Scott.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Originally Posted by Petem
JUST AN FYI.. guy.. you do realize that when you change to a higher temp of light.. (in a filtered holygen bulb).... you are actually "decreasing" the amount of usable light you are putting to the street...!! especially when you run those bulbs that have a DARK blue filter..! even silverstars have filter but a very light filter..

yes.. the blue coating on the bulb is a filter.. it will filter out any " usable " light outside of the filters wavelenght... im no light engineer... but have tested enough of these blue bulbs to tell the difference.. i can't imagine why you would want to sacrifice safety for looks..

i run silverstars... and that is about as much filtering as i want to have... my next move is to real HID's... and not for the looks.. but for the amount of light..!!

hmmmm. this is a thread about luminics and their great quality bulbs. if we wanted to hear this banter about "usable" light then we wouldn't have come to this thread. if yer trying to say that we are sacrificing safety for looks then yer retarded.... with my luminics pure blue bulbs it lights up everything about the same as stock just with a nice blue tint.... and they illuminate road signs a lot better. so take yer sh!tty silverstars and ____ off.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm loving my UVs but I have to say I might be switching to the blue bulbs pretty soon, those look great!
Old 06-06-2005, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually our stock headlights use 51w. As to where pretty much every after market bulb uses 55w.

SILVERSTARS USE 55w
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...r/ProductLine/

Iam not sure what luminics use. Its not advertised anywhere. Maybe on the package labeling. Nokyas and other brand tend to shoot it up to draw about 70w. But i dont think 4w is anything to worry about.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05_scion_tc
Originally Posted by Petem

hmmmm. this is a thread about luminics and their great quality bulbs. if we wanted to hear this banter about "usable" light then we wouldn't have come to this thread. if yer trying to say that we are sacrificing safety for looks then yer retarded.... with my luminics pure blue bulbs it lights up everything about the same as stock just with a nice blue tint.... and they illuminate road signs a lot better. so take yer sh!tty silverstars and ____ off.
HEHE... always one in crowd.... !!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

yeh... always one of u sadly
Old 06-06-2005, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW, those blue ones look SICK!!!!

Is that high and low?

and can we get a shot of it from Head on?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: )
Old 06-06-2005, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Originally Posted by jasonbegin
WOW, those blue ones look SICK!!!!

Is that high and low?

and can we get a shot of it from Head on?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: )
thats just the low beams. i'll post head on shots tonight if i get around to taking pics.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool id love to see a head on pic
Old 06-06-2005, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The bulbs I was running were 80 watts. Never ever had a problem and I ran the during the day too. I really don't think the xtra 4 watts from the luminics bulbs will hurt anything. I'm sure some of you have heard me singing the praises of my motor R racing hyper whites from ebay. Whether or not these are filtered, the extra wattage makes them brighter so they compensate. Never had a melting problem. Most of the higher wattage lights have built their bulb connectors in a way that has a greater heat resistance. Unfortunately, just like my crappy silverstars which were not bright at all, my pasenger side bulb just blew whithin 2 months of driving. This sucks!!! Since I bought my tC in January I have been through 2 pairs of crappy silverstars, and a great pair of hyperwhites. Perfect timing for luminics to come out with these awesome looking pure blues. I just ordered a pair yesterday. I'm taking no chances with brightness, I ordered the 9005 and plan to make the conversion, almost twice the lumens of stock bulbs, 1700 as apposed to 900-1100. These ought to be hot! Not worried about blinding people because 1700 lumens is nothing compared to the 3000 lumens of most HIDs. So I guess I'm on the Luminics band wagon. I'll post picks when they are installed. By the way don't be affraid of the blue light. Anyone in physics will tell you that the color temp with the most usable light is aroun 5300 K which is closest to daylight. Daylight actually has a slight bluish tint. This is what Hids were desighned to duplicate, daylight conditions. Although many grandma types will tell you that 4300k is the best because its white without any hint of blue, the blue illuminates things more like daylight, it is a truer more acurate lighting. Most stock HIDs are between 5000-6000k, there is a reason for this.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

^^^^
Old 06-06-2005, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have silver stars now and they are brighter than the stock bulbs but im looking for a more hid look so i try the limics bulbs
Old 06-06-2005, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BIGRKtC
The bulbs I was running were 80 watts. Never ever had a problem and I ran the during the day too. I really don't think the xtra 4 watts from the luminics bulbs will hurt anything. I'm sure some of you have heard me singing the praises of my motor R racing hyper whites from ebay. Whether or not these are filtered, the extra wattage makes them brighter so they compensate. Never had a melting problem. Most of the higher wattage lights have built their bulb connectors in a way that has a greater heat resistance. Unfortunately, just like my crappy silverstars which were not bright at all, my pasenger side bulb just blew whithin 2 months of driving. This sucks!!! Since I bought my tC in January I have been through 2 pairs of crappy silverstars, and a great pair of hyperwhites. Perfect timing for luminics to come out with these awesome looking pure blues. I just ordered a pair yesterday. I'm taking no chances with brightness, I ordered the 9005 and plan to make the conversion, almost twice the lumens of stock bulbs, 1700 as apposed to 900-1100. These ought to be hot! Not worried about blinding people because 1700 lumens is nothing compared to the 3000 lumens of most HIDs. So I guess I'm on the Luminics band wagon. I'll post picks when they are installed. By the way don't be affraid of the blue light. Anyone in physics will tell you that the color temp with the most usable light is aroun 5300 K which is closest to daylight. Daylight actually has a slight bluish tint. This is what Hids were desighned to duplicate, daylight conditions. Although many grandma types will tell you that 4300k is the best because its white without any hint of blue, the blue illuminates things more like daylight, it is a truer more acurate lighting. Most stock HIDs are between 5000-6000k, there is a reason for this.

Well close, but most OEM applications use 4300K bulbs either osram or philips 85122.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your right my tls hids were osram phillips.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member

I put the UV's in my tC about 2 days ago and each night I drive it they seem to get brighter and brighter. I was kinda worried at first about the output of these bulbs. For example, the first night i ran them i could barely see the lights on the road, but now they are really bright. Just give em time, they do come around.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe because your eyes are adjusting to the light as well..
Old 06-11-2005, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Luminics

Originally Posted by Brinkley
I put the UV's in my tC about 2 days ago and each night I drive it they seem to get brighter and brighter. I was kinda worried at first about the output of these bulbs. For example, the first night i ran them i could barely see the lights on the road, but now they are really bright. Just give em time, they do come around.
For some reason the bulbs get brighter after using them for a couple days. Your eyes also get used to the color change.

www.LuminicsBulbs.com

ALL BULBS COME WITH A FULL 1 YEAR WARRANTY.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

HyperWhite looks great! I'm gonna order some!

Quick Reply: luminics