Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

To Many Complaints For A Brand New Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe a Chevy Cavalier or a VW beatle would better suit your needs? I'm sure the build quality on these vehicles will be more than satisfactory.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kdrive
You are right. I should not trust Toyota/Scion quality and did not have a test drive before I signed the no returns paper. Now, I am driving a tC with annoying rattle at the back (Hatchback) and painful. What Warranty, Dealer's mechanics may not be able to fix body rattle. It's a differnt line of job. They may have no clue and keep my car for a period of time and return it with scratches all over the car without fixing it.
i had the same rattle in the back. i made an appointment to get it fixed by the dealer. someone came with me to see what and were it was and they heard it too. they took it in and fixed it, now there is no rattle in the back. what he told me that they did was they put foam in the back,alot of foam. i think the type that they use on beds, im not sure exactly but it worked. its not a diferent line of job, the mechanics fixed my car. they should do the same for you.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: bad Timing to read this thread

Originally Posted by Fitty2005
I just bought a TC and i'll be picking it up on the 26th...

I might be having second thoughts....
Based on this thread, you should be MORE excited about buying a tC. :D

Let me recap:

People in this thread with what THEY believe are unacceptable problems: 3. That's THREE. One of the three has A rattle that may or may not be fixable in five minutes - he hasn't even checked it out yet (Kdrive). The other ones are RayDiz (who still has no regrets about going Scion, BTW) and the omnipresent Nick.

(Nick, dude, if you've let rattles "ruin your life," I recommend you try and get a grip on your life. Buy "Awaken the Giant Within" by Anthony Robbins. Do it now.)

People in this thread with NO problems: 15 (including me - 2000 miles and NO rattles, pops, squeaks, or creaks).

People in this thread with problems so minor they don't consider them problems: 2.

Trolls in this thread who don't own a tC but like to add their two cents about "problems": 1. (I think we all know who she is.)

Of course, most people will look at this thread and freak out about "all the problems tCs have," when in reality it shows how FEW problems they have (and how far Scion goes to try and support its owners - they're bending over backwards for Nick, despite the fact that none of his issues are likely to cause anything more than annoyance).
Old 11-28-2004, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good research mrtc

You should have said "I think we all know who she/he is", don't wanna give too many clues .
Old 11-28-2004, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rivulent
Good research mrtc
Hardest five minutes of work I've done all week.

You should have said "I think we all know who she/he is", don't wanna give too many clues .
That and the fact that we can't be TOO sure of her/his/its actual gender.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member

There should not be any personal matter about the problem of a new car. I just want to speak out how I am having the rattle of my new car.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

You're amazingly sure of yourself considering the fact that everything you say about the tC is irrational opinion based on flawed or incomplete facts...

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
But the tc is having so many and is a cheaply made car.......I would take a any of the above cars over a tc....they may have a problems, but not made cheaply as the tc......another Vega!!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The rattle is your problem if you refuse to take it back to the dealership and have it fixed. If anything is getting worse, take it back to the dealership before your factory warranty runs out.

Of course your car is non-returnable. I don't have time to explain why--someone else will have to explain it to you.

Also, you should never buy a car without test-driving it first. If you did, and it had the rattle when you bought it, and you still signed the papers and bought the car...

Originally Posted by Kdrive
My tC hatchback still has rattle since I bought it in Sept this year. I may have to tolerate it because I don't want to bring it to the dealer and have my tC getting worse. I know that in U.S. a lot of merchandises can be returned if we don't like them, but not for cars. You have bought the car and that is it. Too bad, no return is accepted. They wanted you to sign a paper for that before you can drive the new car out of the dealer's door. This is not fair to consumers.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:03 AM
mo2
5 Year Member

i figured it out i know what is "wrong" with our tcs the're to damn quiet. drive other cars and pay attention to the noise of the motor and the wheels in most cars thats loud enough to cover up most of our little squeaks and rattles. but then it might just be me coming from a saturn and driving an xterra on the weekends. but then again i dont notice the rattles with two tens bumping in the trunk.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know there are others out there having issues with the paint on their Scion. It is NOT normal and NOT okay for a car that is less than a year old to be in need of a new paint job. Take several minutes to read this.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the NHTSA. I highly recommend that if your paint is prematurely chipping/cracking/bubbling/peeling, etc. that you take 5 minutes to file a complaint with the NHTSA; the complaints are important and taken into account very seriously. I will be posting pictures of the chips on my hood/bumper in the next 2 days or so and I'd appreciate it a lot if any of you could do the same. I am entering arbitration with Scion very shortly and any outcome that benefits me can benefit all of you.

Click below to file a complaint with the NHTSA:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm
Old 11-29-2004, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I think the number of complaints is directly perportionate(sp?) to the ability to communicate said complaints. There are probably really only 2 real complaints, just a LOT of them.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

13,000 miles. Hatch rattle when road is rough. Had rattles near the rear seats, turned out to be the water bottle banging on the cupholder. No major problems to speak of. 26-29mpg average. I'm happy with it.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member

Old 11-29-2004, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

5500 miles and no problems...I'm a valet...I get to drive everything...Trust me...this is a BS problem. Stop complaining and get your damn cars to the dealership! Enough...end of discussion!
Old 11-30-2004, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by smash
I know there are others out there having issues with the paint on their Scion. It is NOT normal and NOT okay for a car that is less than a year old to be in need of a new paint job. Take several minutes to read this.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the NHTSA. I highly recommend that if your paint is prematurely chipping/cracking/bubbling/peeling, etc. that you take 5 minutes to file a complaint with the NHTSA; the complaints are important and taken into account very seriously. I will be posting pictures of the chips on my hood/bumper in the next 2 days or so and I'd appreciate it a lot if any of you could do the same. I am entering arbitration with Scion very shortly and any outcome that benefits me can benefit all of you.

cheap paint is used on a lot of new cars today to sell at a lower price

i.e. all of the new nissan cars use cheap paint
Old 11-30-2004, 02:39 AM
Banned
SL Member

I agree, just wait a minute and the tc owners will say, it's normal...and to be expected... :twisted: they defend that total crap
Old 11-30-2004, 02:41 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by xioix

cheap paint is used on a lot of new cars today to sell at a lower price

i.e. all of the new nissan cars use cheap paint

See what i mean!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
I agree, just wait a minute and the tc owners will say, it's normal...and to be expected... :twisted: they defend that total crap
Cyber trolls again...

Most people having paint problems seem to be xB owners. Maybe you should go tell THEM how their cars suck for a while.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member

I have found out how to fix the Hatchbach rattle of tC. Just turn up the volume control of the nice radio which Scion has installed for us to cover the known rattle. However, We need to drive and watch the traffic condition carefully with loud radio level.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

I love my tC. I'm sorry for those of you who aren't happy with your cars, whatever they may be.

Quick Reply: To Many Complaints For A Brand New Car