Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

To Many Complaints For A Brand New Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i buy something new i have high expectations especially a new car. so thats y there is warranty because NOTHING is perfect. so hen there is warranty it means i can get it fixed and thats what im doing. im just complaining because it so damn annoying, but like i said earlier here, its getting fixed.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, other than that, im happy with the tC. better than a honda. or any $17000 - $20,000 car. would u want a honda??did i hear no. thats what i thought.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My tC is very quiet, no rattles, no squeaks, no unusual noises. I frequently drive with no music just to listen to the car's own music. The tC is not perfectly quiet, but it sure beats a MkIV TT Supra on Tein HAs (my other ride) to death for quiet and smooth. BTW, I paid $43k for my first Supra in 1994, and the hatch rattled like an old screen door in the first 1000 miles. Toyco redesigned the bumpers in '95, I replaced them for a paltry $8 and all was quiet.

If your car makes noises, get it fixed. Whining about it to other owners doesn't solve the problem, only getting it serviced does.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I don't care how cheap a car is, it shouldn't have to be repainted after less than a year, and the paint shouldn't start falling off the damn thing the day you drive it off the lot. You're on crack if this is what you think.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by smash
I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I don't care how cheap a car is, it shouldn't have to be repainted after less than a year, and the paint shouldn't start falling off the damn thing the day you drive it off the lot. You're on crack if this is what you think.
Hopefully this was just some bad paint, but if not I hope this siutation can be fixed. I will be very sad when I pick up my AP if the paint starts falling off soon.

I had a Cavalier that had paint that cracked, and we found out like 6 months too late to take it in for the factory recall on the bad paint.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

This is one of the only legitimate cases on this board of a major problem. The other one is NickAGP's, as he has a lemon, but _____es like every tc does this, and they dont. Since it seems that only a few colors, at least on the tC, has this problem, it should be addressed.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

No, I'm sure that what most of us think is that this is a case of either (1) an isolated incident (or a few cases out of thousands of tCs), or (2) something specific about the conditions to which your car has been exposed.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

It could be a dealer wrecking the car, repainting the front end (the 1/2 donkey way), and then selling it as new - thus all the resistance - who knows.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScummyMcOwnage
This is one of the only legitimate cases on this board of a major problem. The other one is NickAGP's, as he has a lemon, but _____es like every tc does this, and they dont. Since it seems that only a few colors, at least on the tC, has this problem, it should be addressed.
Yup. Every car company has paint problems occassionally. Am looking forward to see how they're handled...
G35 problems: http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic228090.htm
Acura: http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/ar...hp/t-6517.html

And I think that the only real person on the board who has a lemon is probably nick, although he thinks that his car had been mangled and then repaired before he got it. doesn't keep him from bashing tCs in general.

Smash, if its any help, I've got a 15xxx vin number and have had the car for almost 2 months, 3k miles, no chipping, bubbling, etc. This is 50 miles/day on the Long Island Expressway, plus road trips. Good luck.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member

Hi everyone, new fm tc owner in houston. What exactly is this sunroof problem. I've read alot of these posts and am probably going to drive sans-radio tonight to see if i hear any rattles or magic pops. Man I'm easily paranoid! Anyway, if someone could enlighten me regarding the specifics of the pop it would be much appreciated.

-Kameron
Old 11-30-2004, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kameron
Hi everyone, new fm tc owner in houston. What exactly is this sunroof problem. I've read alot of these posts and am probably going to drive sans-radio tonight to see if i hear any rattles or magic pops. Man I'm easily paranoid! Anyway, if someone could enlighten me regarding the specifics of the pop it would be much appreciated.

-Kameron
Make a turn while going over a speed bump. If there's no noise, you're fine.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think it's an "isolated" problem because I've been doing research on this for months now, and there are quite a few Scion owners experiencing this.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Any pictures? And out of curiosity, how do you hope to prove to Scion that it's a flaw in the paint?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member

GO TO SOME GERMAN CAR FORUMS CONCERNING PROBLEMS. THEN COME BACK HERE. THIS IS NOTHING COMPARED TO MANY MORE EXPENSIVE CARS. ALL MYSELF AND MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS OWNED WAS GERMAN CARS. GOT FED UP WITH THE MULTITUDE OF MORE SERIOUS PROBLEMS COMPARED TO WHAT MOST ARE GRIPING ABOUT ON HERE.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member

GO TO SOME GERMAN CAR FORUMS CONCERNING PROBLEMS. THEN COME BACK HERE. THIS IS NOTHING COMPARED TO MANY MORE EXPENSIVE CARS. ALL MYSELF AND MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS OWNED WAS GERMAN CARS. GOT FED UP WITH THE MULTITUDE OF MORE SERIOUS PROBLEMS COMPARED TO WHAT MOST ARE GRIPING ABOUT ON HERE.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member

Old 12-01-2004, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member

Old 12-01-2004, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member

Old 12-01-2004, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member

SORRY MY COMPUTER WAS ACTING UP/FREEZING. TRIED TO DELETE ALL THE EXCESS POSTS. I APOLOGIZE ALL.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by basilisk4
Any pictures? And out of curiosity, how do you hope to prove to Scion that it's a flaw in the paint?
I would like to try to show that the paint is mainly flaking/chipping only on certain colors (i.e. the BCP and SS Mica). From what many have been saying, these are the two main colors with this issue. I have also researched past paint recalls from auto giants like Ford and Mazda, and am going to show the eerie similarity in the cases. Dodge even had to repaint thousands of Rams in a certain color because they had forgotten to apply the anti-chip primer beneath the paint, and so the cars were extremely prone to chipping. I have also been to several body shops in the area and have statements in writing explaining why these chips and pockmarks are not from normal wear and tear and are not indicative of normal automotive paint after such a short period of time. The last part of my case I had hoped to tie in with pictures of the front ends of the Scions that don't seem to have a paint problem, and compare those with the ones like mine where the whole front end is messed up and already in need of repainting. Not sure how well this part will go since I've only had 2 or 3 people send me pictures. However, I do plan to take several pictures of Scions in parking lots around my area, and the few I've seen already have shocked me with the startling difference from how the paint on my car looks.

Quick Reply: To Many Complaints For A Brand New Car