Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

To Many Complaints For A Brand New Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, cool, so what exactly did your dealer say? That interests me that a dealer actually slipped up and admitted a problem with the paint...
Old 12-07-2004, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member

jst turn ur radio up

does anyone have a problem with the radio cover? mine is stuck sometimes
Old 12-07-2004, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Can we stop with the conspiracy theory thing here? Seriously, smash, I'm sorry about your problem, but you're really starting to sound as if Toyta and the dealers are all conspiring against you to give you crappy paint and make you like it...
Old 12-07-2004, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, but they are...
Old 12-09-2004, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by slicktc
And just to vent my 2 cents what a dumb forum name. Of course the tc has some issues its a brand new car! not to mention with all the hype most people think the car should drive itself.

yeah....thats y i called it "To many complains for a brand new car" what else could i have called it. smart ___. and everybody who thinks the car should drive itself say "I"..........................I...lol.............smart ___
Old 12-09-2004, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Originally Posted by smash
Oh, but they are...
You are nuts...
Old 12-09-2004, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry. I didn't realize trying to fight a company for selling a product with an obvious defect was considered "nuts".

You'll never get anywhere in life if you don't fight for what you believe in.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Smash,

Your pictures show a lot of chips. The worst is where i can see the Zinc coating of the metal turned grey. Those are rock or debris impacts. Are you on a gravel roads or any road the has lots of rocks/pebbles on the shoulders? I am curious as I have driven the black and really have the smallest of chips from country back roads.

My fear is that this is " road rash ". But I agree with you to complain. Be polite to the dealer and the Toyota Rep but firm. Kill the conspiracy theories though. We all know it is just life :D

They may not do it but if the car appears well taken care of they may help out.
Good luck and enjoy the tC.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but its not really an obvious defect. your complaint is against something that you can't prove either way because its kind of a wear and tear item. that would be like you complaining about your tires wearing too quickly when it could be very likely that you are attempting to drift everywhere you go. in the grand scheme of scion owners there seem to be more people without this problem, which shys away the conspiracy theory i believe.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Sorry, smash, but those look like gravel chips.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, first of all, I don't know where all this "conspiracy theory" bull____ started up, but that's not what it's all about. I was joking. All I have been trying to say is that the dealers KNOW that this is not a NORMAL problem for a brand new car, yet they refuse to admit a thing. And no, I don't drive on country or rocky roads or shoulders or big highways. I only drive on normal paved nice little suburbia roads, so please, cut the crap.

And what I would like to point out to Scion is that, even if the chips may be normal on cars in general; they are not normal, and NOT acceptable on a 2 month old car- especially in such volume and in combination with the peeling that is occuring. Myself and many others I know have owned multiple new cars and have never seen a car so prone to chipping as this one. It's appalling. And what further strikes me as odd, is that I've seen several other Scions in this area (several flint micas and a couple white), bought the same month as mine or within a month of that period, driving on the same roads, but with not a damn chip on the front of it. And no, I don't tail gate, and no, I have not had this issue with any other car I've ever owned. So, this is why I have decided to take my case to Scion.

If you all want to sit there and tell me why I'm wrong that's fine. It's not going to change the fact that personally I believe there is something wrong with my paint and I intend to fight to do something about it.