2005-2010 [ANT10]

Mazda3 almost HIT my TC today!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Mazda3 almost HIT my TC today!!

GOD what is wrong with people?? I'm in a bit of a hurry going down the semi-backroads to go pick up some food for the family this morning, and yes, I'm speeding, probably 45 in a 30, but the road is built for higher speeds and is kept low because of the high residential area.

As I'm passing this upward banked turn to the left (I love that corner the way I'm going because it's banked to me, but not coming the other direction) this stock silver mazda3 is going way, way too fast and obviously lost control around the corner. I was going about 40mph and this guy's rear starts sliding past the double-yellow and I had to slam on my brakes and cut off onto a side street or he would've hit me head on with the side of his rear!!

I watch him in my rear view spin out around the corner and roll backwards a little in the opposite lane, I got a good look at his plate and got out of my car to go see if he was alright. After I found out this 20-something was driving his new car I got ____ed and started yelling how he almost killed me and the speed limit was 30. I yelled some obscenities I shouldn't have and got back in my car and got on my cell and called the cops with his plate and about what happened after I snapped a few pics of his car and the road skids with my cell.

They said that I should have placed him under citizen's arrest until officers could arrive and ticket him with me as witness and if they charge him now I would probably have to appear in court as a witness. If I could I would post the pics online but I have no way of getting the pics off my phone.

This got me so heated, I can understand somebody wanting to go a little fast in their new car if they and their car can handle it, but nobody should be dumb enough to take corners like that at those kind of speeds on STOCK PARTS..... especially in a 4-door family sedan...

just thought I'd share what happened, and tell everybody to be careful out there so you don't end up looking like a shmuck like this guy... and if you're going to go fast, upgrade your handling. Power isn't going to do much when your car is in a ditch or halfway conjoined with somebody elses car.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like he was drifting with a FWD car.. You should consider yourself lucky to have seen such mad skillz in action!
Old 05-28-2005, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice evasive driving! cut the kid some slack. karma.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member

people need to keep it on the track and not on public roads!

on a side note...

stock for stock... the mazda3 out handles the tc. it may even out handle a tc that has some light suspension mods.

but great driving and quick thinking on your part
Old 05-28-2005, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Bad driving. Some kids never watch out for the others
Old 05-28-2005, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the mazda 3 has pretty good stock suspension but he shouldn't of been speeding like that in a residential area. but then again, you shouldn't of been speeding either. if you woulda been going the speed limit you wouldn't have to slam on your brakes.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yes, you are right, I shouldn't have been speeding. i admit that and we all learn from our experiences or from those around us, and after experiencing this as well as seeing it happen I will undoubtedly be more aware of my driving habits. but based on how it happened, I could have been going 10mph under the limit and I still would have had to do something to avoid an accident because he obviously didn't have control of his car. I also agree the mazda3 has better stock-to-stock handling, but worse tires, and anyone willing to speed like that (he must have been going at LEAST twice my speed around that corner, which would be about 80mph) must either be reckless, or not know the limits of their vehicle, or both.

click below for an image of the road I was on, the turn is right where the "B" is close to the center of the image, the turn is actually sharper than it shows. but you get the idea

http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com/mqm...%26%40%24x9%40
Old 05-29-2005, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool off man, thank god ur ok, the scion is ok...and ehhh no one cares bout the mazda

but you were speeding too....
Old 05-29-2005, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mazda can go to hell
Old 05-30-2005, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont you think youre going a little to far???
i drive in philly all the time, do you know how many times i almost get hit?
do i call the cops? no....
Old 05-30-2005, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rsx_freak79
the mazda 3 has pretty good stock suspension but he shouldn't of been speeding like that in a residential area. but then again, you shouldn't of been speeding either. if you woulda been going the speed limit you wouldn't have to slam on your brakes.
It doesn't matter what kind of supsension you have because you only have as much handling as you do traction. It's kinda like having 500 hp to the wheels on your stock tires. You can even have 800 hp, but your only get so much traction.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

No offense..but your going way out of proportion...like what the hell is your problem ...seriously...you were speeding to ya damn hypocrite...I should call your department and tell them you were speeding also...calling the cops...your like an old person trapped in a young persons body
Old 05-31-2005, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DelayedTurbo
No offense..but your going way out of proportion...like what the hell is your problem ...seriously...you were speeding to ya damn hypocrite...I should call your department and tell them you were speeding also...calling the cops...your like an old person trapped in a young persons body
i agree
Old 05-31-2005, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by | Greg2385 |
Originally Posted by rsx_freak79
It doesn't matter what kind of supsension you have because you only have as much handling as you do traction. It's kinda like having 500 hp to the wheels on your stock tires. You can even have 800 hp, but your only get so much traction.
i know that. i just simply said the mazda 3 has a pretty good stock suspension. i never said he had the right to do that. no car has the right to do that on a residential neighborhood, i don't care if you have an rx-7 or an evo. doing that stupid **** in a residential neighborhood is just stupid just as speeding is in the same area.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member

Default Totally feel you.

I live in Columbus, O. No one can drive here. I swear. I'm almost hit all the time. I totally feel where you are coming from. I get so frustrated because people think they are invincible.