Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Is It Me or Do People Seem They Know Everything About Cars?...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
i dont need the sun visors, ive already sourced those as well as a and b pillars.
all i need is the 08+ c pillars and any year headliner.

Okay, I could use the visors still. I just gotta figure out a way to put them in without drilling unless they are screwed in metal already? We'll talk more later when I give you the 3rd payment for the Sparcos.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

yea, there is holes underneath the headliner that they screw into.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member

I don't see your point...

You are hating on your co-worker because he said that your car wouldn't last over 250K miles? How is that so bad; maybe he just has different expectations for his car, maybe he doesn't want to completely replace his engine (which is much more expensive on an SRT-4), because it would be less of hassle to just get a new car. And why exactly do you place a stigma on "American made?" SRT-4's are perfectly good cars, that are purpose made for racing, hence them being SRT (Street Racing Technology), and if he races it, who are you to say he is an idiot; racing is something that he chooses to do, and he obviously understands, and accepts the physical, and legal risk involved.

And as for people saying that tC's are slow, it is because they are!!! Our car crawls to 60 in EIGHT SECONDS, on a good day. You can't sit here and say "Well, my car is under 20K," or "all I need is a turbo kit!" Even with the turbo, its still slow! If you want a fast car on the cheap, just buy a high mileage car and tune it yourself! You will actually LEARN about cars instead of just saying that you know everything because you put a couple bolt-ons in your car.

Stop hating on people and go take apart your engine so you can physically see a valve instead of just reading about it on the internet
Old 09-15-2009, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

says the 16 years old with 28 posts. lol
slow down there killer.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I still find it hilarious that everyone on SL barely realizes a 14 year old is helping them

But it's funnier when all the kids at school think they know so much about cars, then I step in and (since they usually talk about civics, which will most likely be my first car) ask them if they're going to run a D or B series motor and they just stare at me and say "I don't know, but I want it to go fast!" Or when your making a list of company emblems to make for a project and they try and say they know more than me and think that spoilers on ALL cars do something.

<sigh>
Just FYI, I have next to no hope for my generation's car modding.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rsutton801

You are hating on your co-worker because he said that your car wouldn't last over 250K miles? How is that so bad; maybe he just has different expectations for his car, maybe he doesn't want to completely replace his engine (which is much more expensive on an SRT-4), because it would be less of hassle to just get a new car. And why exactly do you place a stigma on "American made?" SRT-4's are perfectly good cars, that are purpose made for racing, hence them being SRT (Street Racing Technology), and if he races it, who are you to say he is an idiot; racing is something that he chooses to do, and he obviously understands, and accepts the physical, and legal risk involved.

And as for people saying that tC's are slow, it is because they are!!! Our car crawls to 60 in EIGHT SECONDS, on a good day. You can't sit here and say "Well, my car is under 20K," or "all I need is a turbo kit!" Even with the turbo, its still slow! If you want a fast car on the cheap, just buy a high mileage car and tune it yourself! You will actually LEARN about cars instead of just saying that you know everything because you put a couple bolt-ons in your car.

Stop hating on people and go take apart your engine so you can physically see a valve instead of just reading about it on the internet
Uhm wtf are you talking about this thread had nothing to do with the tC being fast, it more about it being reliable.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCtCtC
I still find it hilarious that everyone on SL barely realizes a 14 year old is helping them

But it's funnier when all the kids at school think they know so much about cars, then I step in and (since they usually talk about civics, which will most likely be my first car) ask them if they're going to run a D or B series motor and they just stare at me and say "I don't know, but I want it to go fast!" Or when your making a list of company emblems to make for a project and they try and say they know more than me and think that spoilers on ALL cars do something.

<sigh>
Just FYI, I have next to no hope for my generation's car modding.
lol, no theres hope. everyone goes through the fast and the furious stage. (right around your age) thankfully its before they have a license or can afford a car so it saves them the failures. unfortunately some ppl never grow out of it. haha. you just had someone to steer you in the right direction so your a step ahead.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He even stated his SRT4 is piece of sh!!tt

I was just saying; its quite funny how people doesn't realize how reliable imports are. When its been a proven FACT; that they are. Volvo, Toyota, Honda, Subaru are clearly on the list. Hence, why Toyota resale value is high.... Go on youtube; type in "Killing a Toyota" sit and watch both parts. You'll see what I mean.

Apprently, whoever you are who hated me stating about the SRT4 clearly wants one. So why are you actually on a Scion site???

If I had the money, I would put E85 into the tank and just see how the VVT-I handles it
Old 09-15-2009, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
lol, no theres hope. everyone goes through the fast and the furious stage. (right around your age) thankfully its before they have a license or can afford a car so it saves them the failures. unfortunately some ppl never grow out of it. haha. you just had someone to steer you in the right direction so your a step ahead.
yeah, i got the ricer out of me early during the tc's stages haha.
i love confusing people.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Geez who ____ed in the lil guys cherrios this morning!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:59 PM
SL Member

Someone hit their period, huh? And I don't know for sure, but it sounds like the guy might street race it. And if it's street racing it's not just the physical and legal risks for him, but anyone that may just happen to be driving on the same road or highway as him.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

umm if i am not mistaken, tCs are supposed to be a "blank slate" for tuners...so that means it is up to the individual to do what they deem necessary to modify it to their liking. SRT-4s already have a racing platform, and btw they are pieces or sh*t with all the oil leaking problems.

and i think she was stating that her co-workers just didnt believe that her tC would last till 250k miles, even though japanese cars have been the most reliable as long as you maintain it properly.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is crap
Old 09-16-2009, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Goodness leave the kid alone, everyone keeps saying he same damn thing. He's been served enough already.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sw09
and i think she was stating that her co-workers just didnt believe that her tC would last till 250k miles, even though japanese cars have been the most reliable as long as you maintain it properly.

That's was my key point! Thanks for making it easier to understand.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lmao @ the 16 year old. go grow some pube's tc's are not slow on boost. come to south florida. there is about 4-5 tc's past 400hp.

and ive seen tc's come into my work at 30k with the surp belt cracked to shizz. all depend's my car is at 36k now and belt is fine.

and as long as you keep up with the tc. it will last as long as you make it
Old 09-16-2009, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

and id never buy a srt-4 my good friend has one. use to have a tc. he said he wish's ne never got rid of his tc. even tho his srt is 350 whp. to many problems
Old 09-16-2009, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
and as long as you keep up with the tc. it will last as long as you make it
Quite funny you said that....

This morning, 8 AM I did my usual "paid time off from work" detailing. Wash twice, clay bar, polish, and wax. I didn't even touch the interior. So I backout of the driveaway at 12:30. He drove quite well when I made a quick trip to the bank; seems like he was in a happy mood.

FYI, I did all this on the nightshifter's yesterdays sleep....

-------

There's a street racing video on youtube. It's three cars: two EVOs and another (can't remember the 3rd.) You see them racing and all of sudden out of no where a tC blasts from behind.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like to pretend I know alot about cars...

but i'm still learning
Old 09-16-2009, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by shupes31
i like to pretend I know alot about cars...

but i'm still learning

LOL

Same here...its common sense you take care of something; its gonna take care of you.

Quick Reply: Is It Me or Do People Seem They Know Everything About Cars?...