Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Ab

Originally Posted by Hitm@n
So the blue only comes out dim on the center? What about using a different LED? I want to do it blue..... but i guess i will wait for a solution.
We need to replace the limiting resistors for them. ScionDad actually has a spare console coming to test it out on to determine which value we need. That way no one has to have theirs out for too long during testing. So hopefully we will know soon. I believe we figured around 220 - 330 ohms, but we will wait to see how it turns out.

The blues operate on a higher voltage due to the materials involved. So the limiting resistor values must be decreased.

I am still doing them for people that are willing to ship them or live nearby. I dont charge dealership labor by any means

But, if anyone wants to DIY and has more questions, please do post them.

I am also working on a few different types of lighting controllers for the gauges. I have some very cool designs out on paper in schematic form, and one I am slowly building on a test board. So when that is complete I will definitely post. Here lately I am super busy with work, so I havent moved forward as quick as I would like. But I will eventually get there
Old 07-28-2005, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

damn!!!! thats sweet!!! .........how long did it take you? did you have experience? could any1 do it? i dont know if i have the ***** yet???
Old 07-28-2005, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yanki01
damn!!!! thats sweet!!! .........how long did it take you? did you have experience? could any1 do it? i dont know if i have the ***** yet???
took about 4 hours for the console, 3 hours for the gauges. i had 0 soldering experience going into this but i took my time and followed everyone's suggestions.

props to engifineer for all his help!

oh, engifineer, if i change the LCD on the center console to white, i assume those will be dim too?
Old 07-28-2005, 10:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what's the LED count for the center console and the gauges?
Old 07-28-2005, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by killer4605
took about 4 hours for the console, 3 hours for the gauges. i had 0 soldering experience going into this but i took my time and followed everyone's suggestions.

oh, engifineer, if i change the LCD on the center console to white, i assume those will be dim too?
Yes, unfortunately white requires the same voltage as blue. But, hopefully we will have that worked out soon as well. The resistor will be very similar to solder in to the LEDs, so you should already be experienced with that once we verify the new value.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the white looks so badass, nice job!
Old 08-07-2005, 09:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Ab

Originally Posted by engifineer
I am also working on a few different types of lighting controllers for the gauges. I have some very cool designs out on paper in schematic form, and one I am slowly building on a test board. So when that is complete I will definitely post. Here lately I am super busy with work, so I havent moved forward as quick as I would like. But I will eventually get there
Oh, I was thinking something similar.. perhaps multi-color LED gauges that you could switch with a button press. I'm gonna have to come check out your setup =p
Old 08-07-2005, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whichs LEDs are you guys using and tekniq i was going to do the same thing to match my 6disc sinceit changes colors
Old 08-07-2005, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tekniq
Oh, I was thinking something similar.. perhaps multi-color LED gauges that you could switch with a button press. I'm gonna have to come check out your setup =p
As the control I am working on will go a bit deeper, that option would most likely be covered in some way. It is amazing the amount of variations that can be thought of in this area!

To the question about the leds: These are the ones to use..
http://www.lc-led.com/Products/department/5
Old 08-07-2005, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killer4605

Yes, unfortunately white requires the same voltage as blue. But, hopefully we will have that worked out soon as well. The resistor will be very similar to solder in to the LEDs, so you should already be experienced with that once we verify the new value.
First off, big ups to engifineer and sciondad for doing all the leg work. Second, have you guys figured it out? Please keep us updated. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge!
Old 08-16-2005, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member

can someone giv eme detailed instructions on how to acually take the dash apart. I dont want to break anything
Old 08-16-2005, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Here is a good write up from panasonic:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=37747&start=0
Old 08-16-2005, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For those with the Blue or White gauges....

SOLUTION FOUND!!!! THANKS TO ENGIFINEER!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=77876
Old 08-16-2005, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jmiller20874
For those with the Blue or White gauges....

SOLUTION FOUND!!!! THANKS TO ENGIFINEER!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=77876
this looks hard

i'm gonna give it a shot once i get the list of materials from engifineer. hope i dont screw anything up
Old 08-16-2005, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member

The white gauges look awesome. Great work.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

anyone in nj who can do this for me??? extra $$!! i think i'd break everything if i tried to remove the parts....
Old 08-17-2005, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by azurepearl05
anyone in nj who can do this for me??? extra $$!! i think i'd break everything if i tried to remove the parts....
I've got to find someone in Georgia who can do it....I could try, but I would hate to mess it up...
Old 08-17-2005, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jman22
can someone giv eme detailed instructions on how to acually take the dash apart. I dont want to break anything
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=37747&start=0
Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member

Has anybody changed the color to red? I'm in Augusta, Georgia... anyone around here that can help me out with changing the color of the guages and the center console??