mods for near future...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default mods for near future...

mods for near future... zero
and its super lame. i feel like i can only get really excited about my car if im planning to do something to it. when i was getting my intake i was super stoked about my car. when i spent about a month looking for just the right exhaust i was so excited. now im down to new dome lights and thats probably gonna be it for awhile. dont get me wrong, i still love my car. its amazing. its infinitely better than the camry i used to drive. i guess i just have nothing to look forward to.
and its not like i dont wanna mod my car anymore, cause i definitely do. its just that money is a b!tch. and im bout to go back to skl so i wont have time to work for money to buy parts. im sure next summer ill have a nice job again and i can spend away on my car, but until then its gonna stay the way it is.
i guess this is just a way for me to vent my disappointment at not being able to do anything to my car for awhile.

current mods:
TRD cold air intake
Magnaflow catback exhaust

future mods:
???
i guess we shall see next summer (or the next time i have spare ca$h)
Old 08-12-2008, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome to my world lol, all i think about is what i can buy next for my car. I've done all the major stuff i've wanted to now i just keep addind little things, painted my dash, just ordered leds for liscence plates lol i always find something to buy
Old 08-12-2008, 09:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
HaYu Racing
SL Member

Welcome to most of the members of scionlife world. Wit everything going up in price its really hard to buy new things for your car. That is why you become a bargin shopper, buying things for cheap here on SL or your local craigslist or anywhere else.

Here is a short list that I actually got things for cheap. I bought my Wilwood BBK with drilled n slotted roters for front n back and extra drilled and slotted roters plus extra hawk brake pads for $400. My JSP carbon fiber hood for 200 bucks and still in good condition. See man all you have to do is meet new people and just know where to look and I'm sure you can still find cheap parts for your car.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i was a poor college student for 5 years and i was not able to get all the things i wanted, i was barely able to afford to things to keep it running. i had a 1968 chevy truck that i was building up and i would fix one thing and another would break. i would stay up till 3am working on the engine, wake up at 9 to go to class for the day and then goto work after that and start up on the truck again at 7pm.

now that im out of college and have a full time job, i bought the scion and was able to afford some mods. im trying to keep the mods down since i will be getting married in 2 months.

just take it easy and keep an eye out for great deals. keep a little stash of extra cash on the side for whenever you find these deals, dont use a credit card unless you can pay it off within that same month, why pay more in interest charges.

hey blacktrdtc, send me a pm with info about your brakes, looking to get some. - thanks
Old 08-12-2008, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can always sell drugs! jk jk jk jk. Mods take time, so ease up you still have a great car for what its worth. I recommend not buying alot of TRD stuff because in the end theres plenty of aftermarket parts that are better if not equal to and cheaper.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
SL Member

blacktrdtc, I am super jealous of those brakes. They are sexy to death!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea one of my good buddies told me that its suppose to feel that way(unless your a rich kid) and to try to build it up slow and nice instead of in a rush n crappy looking....So thats whats on my mind everytime i get ____ed cuz i cant afford to buy sumtin lol
Old 08-12-2008, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EDDIEA123
Yea one of my good buddies told me that its suppose to feel that way(unless your a rich kid) and to try to build it up slow and nice instead of in a rush n crappy looking....So thats whats on my mind everytime i get ____ed cuz i cant afford to buy sumtin lol
that actually makes alot of sense cause u would put alot more thought into buying something rather than just buying something cause u can

to others, ty for commenting
Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So like some peeps have mentioned, just have a little spare stash of cash and everyonce in a while just check the classifieds and a good sale might come up....
Old 08-13-2008, 06:33 AM

Yeah, same way for me, if you want something nice and cheap you can get a trd rear sway from trdsparks for 145, makes a huge difference in the fun factor of daily driving, a lot more than my trd cai and magnaflow exhaust.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SighOnTeeSee
Yeah, same way for me, if you want something nice and cheap you can get a trd rear sway from trdsparks for 145, makes a huge difference in the fun factor of daily driving, a lot more than my trd cai and magnaflow exhaust.
ill keep that in mind for my next mod. especially since we have the same power mods i should feel the same effects as you
Old 08-13-2008, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I would have alot more mods if i wasnt married. So many more expenses come from that. Like a bigger apartment, more food, gas for both vehicles, having to actually go out every once inawhile to keep the wife happy, instead of staying in for amonth to save for parts. I dotn have time for video games anymore. Blah. Anyways the mods will come crap it took me over a year to get more than my Injen CAI and now that i have more time in the CG i got a pay raise which helped me get a few extra things. Plus deployments help. But just relax. take you time. It will come. ya just have to think of ways to cut back and maybe squeeze a job in there maybe just working like 10-15hrs a week ya know. GL
Old 08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thx to all the responses. i didnt really realize how long it took all of you to get your cars where they are. i just see em all posted on SL and they are nice and modded and it makes me want to do so much more to my car. ill just take my time and plan out every mod and save up for the right stuff
Old 08-13-2008, 05:28 PM
SL Member

same here i struggle with buying mods for my tc
Old 08-15-2008, 08:13 PM
SL Member

i know! moneys short
Old 08-15-2008, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Me too. I'm saving for a CF headliner. It will take me forever and a day to get to $510, lol.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm..Have u upgraded your Entire suspension set-up?...It does wonders!...make the tC a lot more fun to drive around!!
Old 08-16-2008, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

im in the process of doing that myself right now. just installed my springs and my sway bars arrive next week and for show i also got the tower strut bar.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour
Me too. I'm saving for a CF headliner. It will take me forever and a day to get to $510, lol.
Where can you get a CF headliner? I never actually looked but I saw a website for around 1000...
Old 08-16-2008, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^In the sponsored sales section.

Quick Reply: mods for near future...