Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ninjaionsobe
fish, darn thing came out of no where
and the mass genocide of bugs that go with day to day driving
the deer was bad, but my friends love the rabid possum that try to attack the car

LOL!? how the hell did a fish get on the road. that's hilarious. I'd be so confused if that happened to me.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:05 PM
SL Member

once when my friend and i were skiing at mt rose we had a bear rip off a headlight as we were driving like 50 down the mt. it just ran out infront of us and pawed at his jeep lol
Old 05-24-2008, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've probably killed a million bugs in 1 day when im taking trips places, but i have hit a crow before, and i swear it was as big as a turkey, and all i saw was it fly infront of my car, and them BANG, and that was it, blood , gits, feathers and a dent on the hood, but i'd hate to be the person that it fell infront of.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One night years ago when I had my 92 POS Dodge Shadow, I had some friends in the car and we were on our way to go pick someone else up. Went around a corner and all I got to see was 2 orange dots. They said I hit a possum carrying it's babies. How many babies to possums usually have? Because that would be the total if they weren't just messin with me. I never went back to check, I was sad.

Luckily *knocks on wood* I've never hit anything huge, my list is:

Possum with babies (possibly), racoon, bird... i think those are the only ones i've hit that weren't already dead that I know of.

The 'coon was the first thing I'd ever hit. I was 17, in the Shadow and going through town with a friend in the car. I seen hit, started braking, swerved to the left, it went to the left, swerved to the right, it went to the right, went left again, it went left, then I hit it My friend was like "Nikki you have to go back and make sure it's dead!"

I said "what if it's not?"

He goes "then you have to hit it again and make sure it'd dead, you can't let it suffer!"

I couldn't bring myself to go back.

I have had a few close calls with deer though. I had one leap in front of my old 95 Nissan 200 SX from a hill. I stopped probably only 2 or 3 feet from it, and it just stood there... staring at me... not moving. I tried beeping the horn... nothing. Revving the motor, nothing. I opened up my car and started yelling at it while beeping the horn... nothing. I couldn't go around it so I just had to sit there.... waiting. It was like it was trying to stare me down or something. Car came from the other way... it just stood there as if it was saying "haha! You are going to be late for work BWAH HA HA HA HA". Eventually some redneck in a big truck came by, got his rifle and just shot it into the air (no not at the deer) and it ran off.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

road kill!! lolol.