2005-2010 [ANT10]

MUST READ: tC Owner's Manual Cliff Notes

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

"and they got the programming incorrect for the model names. so you are programming it to the correct setting. "

Exactly who told you this? And why do you believe it to be true?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good to know. Most of the stuff i learned on instinct.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member

thanks so much for this posting

I had no idea how to get the trunk open.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
hmm..... he was locking the driver door and the key was in the ignition in the first position (i was about to check out the sun roofs)................

i think if the key is in the ignition it wont lock them...................i dont know....????
this is standard feature of all toyotas pretty much, does it for my sienna and my friends camry and another friends lexus is300

it jsut pretty much prevents you from locking yer keys in yer car, but like as stated above, it only works if they key is turned off but still in the ignition, say if u left the key on the seat and the car's off, then u're s.o.l.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rideincircles
for those of you who like to listen to good music n your car, this is the most important thing you can do to make your stereo sound better.
hold down your ssp button for a few seconds until it shows u and says "scion tc" use your volume buttons to change it to scion xb or xa whichever you prefer. (have a cd in there that bumps and you will tell the difference) also this is entirely seperate from feel, or hear settings.
your stereo will sound better. i wish everyone was told this when they get the car, because you have to be told in order to know this.
fyi this changes the settings for your speakers, which are programmed differently for the scion models, and they got the programming incorrect for the model names. so you are programming it to the correct setting.
if you havent done this, go to your car and do it right now, and you will be forever happy. this post should be a sticky within itself, since it is such mandatory stereo info.
john
i noticed that a regular CD doesn't have much beats to it regardless if you put the bass on 5, SSP to FEEL, and changing the car type model to xA or xB. it still feels really weak. the only way to make it sound better is if you make a mp3 disc and turn the SRT option on and tweak the car type around. that seems to work and improves the sound quality. there isn't a SRT option when you insert a regular audio CD.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member

Thx for that stereo info - its gonna make DH SOOOO happy.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

helpful! thanks alot man. never knew about the 2 key turns. saves me like 5 seconds opening my door then pressing the auto unlock for my passenger. hahaha
Old 10-11-2005, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by JasonH
Originally Posted by W8n4myruca00
what is this "under floor storage" bull____ im seeing on all of the stickers for the cars......?.....is it talking about where the spare tire is ?....because the wording in some magazines makes it sound like it's in the backseat area...hmm
I believe it refers to the trays next to the spare tire.
Yes, there is actually a lot of space that is neatly arranged there. I am storing emergency roadside stuff (flares, triangles, cables, etc), a medkit, etc. I am going to put a flashlight, snow scraper, and a blanket in there. Basically that will be my "crappy day" stockpile! Or maybe just to help out someone else...

Maybe I should add a disposable camera... you know in case uh, I see bigfoot.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by rideincircles
for those of you who like to listen to good music n your car, this is the most important thing you can do to make your stereo sound better.
hold down your ssp button for a few seconds until it shows u and says "scion tc" use your volume buttons to change it to scion xb or xa whichever you prefer. (have a cd in there that bumps and you will tell the difference) also this is entirely seperate from feel, or hear settings.
your stereo will sound better. i wish everyone was told this when they get the car, because you have to be told in order to know this.
fyi this changes the settings for your speakers, which are programmed differently for the scion models, and they got the programming incorrect for the model names. so you are programming it to the correct setting.
if you havent done this, go to your car and do it right now, and you will be forever happy. this post should be a sticky within itself, since it is such mandatory stereo info.
john
Does this work on the 2006 or is it just for the 2005
Old 10-14-2005, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

it should work on all of them. it worked for my 06 and i want to say I remember doing it on an 05 xB I saw at a state fair last year.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member

Oh man! thx so much for the ssp sound processing change thing! I wondered why the speakers sounded so crappy! Now the speakers sound crystal clear and AWESOME, and on ALL kinds of music!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this stuff is great helped out alot
Old 11-16-2005, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

WOW!!! nice to know...

Also, did you know u can change what ur radio says when u first turn it on. Instead of it saying Scion you can change it to I LOVE tCs or Tiff Loves Paul something to that nature.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, there are a ton of threads about changing the HU display.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member

Default Steering wheel controls

I remember seeing somewhere last night how someone was bummed that they couldn't turn the HU off from the steering wheel while the door was closed... thought that was weird that toyota wouldn't let you do that.... Try pressing and holding the mode button - the same button you use to turn it on! It's not like some complicated thing. It works, I tried it this morning, dunno why this person couldn't figure it out.

Just thought maybe this is one of those obvious things that should get added to the list for uncreative people.

Great post btw

comment: might be nice to include a link of the How To's of trim removal especially for the forward center console (around the stick shift) to remove the stupid light in that forward bin under the dash.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good write up!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the light in the dash is kind of cool... if there isn't anything stored in there. now that I have a couple of things stored in there, all the light does is light up my clutter!

I too was wondering about the break-in though. probably 6-700 miles of my first 1000 was a fairly high speed interstate road trip. Does that really hurt anything?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one of the most surprising things I've found out is that the back seats not only fold forward to make more cargo room, but they also fold back to make more bumpin' around room! lol
Old 04-25-2006, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

you mean your dealer didn't show you!
that coupled with the front seats folding flat with the back seats is on my top 5 list of favorite things that came stock with the tC.

Quick Reply: MUST READ: tC Owner's Manual Cliff Notes