MUST READ: tC Owner's Manual Cliff Notes

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default easter eggs?

Originally Posted by bigdog0331
Originally Posted by rideincircles
for those of you who like to listen to good music n your car, this is the most important thing you can do to make your stereo sound better.
hold down your ssp button for a few seconds until it shows u and says "scion tc" use your volume buttons to change it to scion xb or xa whichever you prefer. (have a cd in there that bumps and you will tell the difference) also this is entirely seperate from feel, or hear settings.
your stereo will sound better. i wish everyone was told this when they get the car, because you have to be told in order to know this.
fyi this changes the settings for your speakers, which are programmed differently for the scion models, and they got the programming incorrect for the model names. so you are programming it to the correct setting.
if you havent done this, go to your car and do it right now, and you will be forever happy. this post should be a sticky within itself, since it is such mandatory stereo info.
john
Does this work on the 2006 or is it just for the 2005
does this have anything to do w/ those easter eggs? can't figure those out. . .
Old 05-02-2006, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

the radio settings isn't really an easter egg, and it works on all the head units.

and the easter eggs for the '06 head units have been revealed, they are on the faq site.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait, what's this about easter eggs?? I'm confused.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i fig'd it out- you can customize the line of text that displays when the radio is first turned on. apparently its in the audio manual for the pioneer unit, tho i didn't get one. there are other threads on how to do it, including in the tc FAQs. thats where i found it and tried it but it took like 5 tries till i got it right!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

yes you can do that too.

but i was refering to that same easter eggs that were on the 05 HU (the different text display messages), with the release of the recent Scion Book they finally let us know how to do it on the 06 HU.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member

yea i forget where i heard this or read this...but u can also change the color of the display on the head unit...i havent tried it yet though.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think that was just on the ipod ready one, wasn't it? I know mine doesn't, and I have an 06 with the plain boring radio.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: Sliding Sun Roof

Originally Posted by djjason101
When I took my tc for a test drive...the guy told me that you had to hold the sun roof button down...but if you press it a lil more fwd it will slide all by itself... (thought someone might be able to use that info)
so your saying it goes back by its self if you hold it down? mine never does that.. and when i try to open it all the way i have to hit the button twice to move it all the way back. when i close it you have to hit the button twice. just for it to close!?!?!
Old 11-14-2006, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

to take the oil filer off use an oil filter wrench. It's kind of a pain to get it off with my cheap wrench but it works.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Default Japanes

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
yes you can do that too.

but i was refering to that same easter eggs that were on the 05 HU (the different text display messages), with the release of the recent Scion Book they finally let us know how to do it on the 06 HU.
has anyone managed to do the japanese text one yet?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

yes its in the one scion book
Old 11-15-2006, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

yeah i understand its in the book... but it does not work.. i need further explaination
Old 11-15-2006, 12:47 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

im not sure how it can be further explain than whats in there...
Old 11-26-2006, 08:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
im not sure how it can be further explain than whats in there...
yeah i know... i tried it several times.. maybe i dont have the brain capacity to do it.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: MUST READ: tC Owner's Manual Cliff Notes

Originally Posted by Otocan
Well, it's done, had my tC for about 4 days now and I read my novels that came with the car cover to cover, word for word and I found the owner's manual the most interesting. I decided, every time I read something that made me say "hmmm" or "cool" or "yeah, I know *smile*" I wrote it down, plus some nifty know-how at the end, I'd say copy-paste it and print it out and keep it with your owner's manual, it's good stuff :D

pressing unlock on the remote keyless entry and not opening a door within 30 seconds will relock all doors

turn the key once in the drivers side door to unlock only that door, twice within 3 seconds will open all doors simultaniously

the inside door handles can be opened even if the lock ***** are in the lock position

automatic power windows have jam protection and will open halfway if something stops it, or if it recieves a strong impact while closing it will lower regardless

the hatchback is opened by pressing an electronic 3 inch button located above the license plate and will open according to what position the car's door locks are in

the hood has an auxilary catch lever incase of opening accidentally or by malfuncion while vehicle is in motion

the driver's seat has seat position memory for when you load rear passengers or cargo

The driver's head restraint can be adjusted forward and backwards as well as normally up and down

vehicle is equipped with a driver's knee airbag

the vanity mirrors on both visors have a sliding guard rather than a flip guard

the headlights automatically turn off when the car is turned off and drivers side door is opened, and will automatically turn back on when the car is started

high-beams are used by pushing the lever forward, and flashing them by pulling toward you

the interior lights in the vehicle will fade on when a door is opened, and will fade out again after 15 seconds, but will shut off when the ignition is started or all doors are shut and locked

pressing the windshield lever up and releasing it will sweep the windshield once with the wipers

the windshield wipers have two resting positions, one higher up the windshield to prevent being stuck by snow etc and can be moved manually, or will perform it automatically if there is a build up of snow/debris slowing wiper movement

if it's difficult to shift into reverse, shift to neutral, release the clutch and try again (double-clutching)

center console box - to use the upper tray, lift the console lid without touching the release lever

recommended shifting speeds -
1 to 2 or 2 to 1 24kmph(15mph)
2 to 3 or 3 to 2 40kmph(25mph)
3 to 4 or 4 to 3 64kmph(40mph)
4 to 5 or 5 to 4 72kmph(45mph)

maximum allowable gear speeds
1st - 47kmph(29mph)
2nd - 81kmph(50mph)
3rd - 125kmph(77mph)
4th - 172kmph(106mph)

break in period (first 1000 miles)
--avoid full throttle accelleration when starting and driving
--Try to avoid hard stops during the first 200 miles
--do not drive slowly with the manual transmission in a high gear
--do not drive for long periods of time at any single speed, either fast or slow

fuel tank capacity is 55L(14.5 gallons)

maximum total load capacity (combined weight of occupants, cargo and luggage) 392kg (865 lbs)

amount of oil needed to raise oil level from LOW to FULL - approx. 1.0liter (1.1quart)
Oil Capacity - with filter 3.8L(4.0qt) - without filter 3.6L(3.8qt)
recommended oil viscosity - SAE 5W-30
Cooling system capacity - manual transmission 6.8L(7.2qt) - auto 6.7L(7.1qt)
brake fluid type- SAE J1703 or FMVSS No.116 DOT 3
steering fluid type- automatic transmission fluid DEXTRON II or III

stock tire pressure front 220kPa(32psi) - rear 200kPa(29psi) - stock spare 420kPa(60psi)
not to wish this appon anyone.. but has anyone had the knee airbag deploy yet? how did it work? better than having non?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member

Man, thats nice to know about the radio. I would have never known had it not been for yall.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok is it me or sound better when u change the radio thingy to xA?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:26 PM

so which would be better? the xA or xB radio setting? i still haven't changed mine yet.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

xa
Old 08-08-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

for stock speakers and just a subwoofer, xA but otherwise with my aftermarket speakers xB sounds better.

Quick Reply: MUST READ: tC Owner's Manual Cliff Notes