Old 07-25-2005, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Happy Bday and enjoy!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congratulations man! Hope you enjoy your new car.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

For all of you who are pi$$y about someone getting a car for their bday, what ever happened to being happy for someone who was obviously very fortunate... there may come a time in your life where the shoe is on the other foot and they have to be happy for you bcus of something that is bestowed upon you that they are not fortunate enough to receive.

We all live under different circumstances in life. My parents did not give me a car for my 16th bday, I too had to work for it but that never stopped me from being happy for others. I live in So. Cal where the kids get M3s and other high end cars for their 16th bdays. I hope that when the time comes I can, maybe not do that much, but be in the position to afford a nice car for my children...
Old 07-25-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I didn't have my own car till I was 19, and my xB is my first car that I owned. I didn't drive until I was almost 18 (had no reason to till I went to the local community college, I walked to work). My fiance and I are co-owners, and I get to make all the payments (except for a few when I was injured and released from my previous job).
Old 07-25-2005, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Try this on for size. I started working at age 13. At 16 I bought a used Mazda truck for $2000. You name it, I paid it. At a 18 I graduated high school, spent the next 4 years working full time and attending college fulltime. Graduated college, got a great paying job, 5 years later the Mazda died. I rewarded myself with a tC. That's true example of earning a vehicle!
You want a medal?

Exuse me for not being able to get a job when i turned 13, we have laws here in the real world now that prohibite minors from working. Your just oblivious to the fact that i said that i have to pay for the car still, because you want to continue to _____ and whine. Grow up already.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xBkREEP
Try this on for size. I started working at age 13. At 16 I bought a used Mazda truck for $2000. You name it, I paid it. At a 18 I graduated high school, spent the next 4 years working full time and attending college fulltime. Graduated college, got a great paying job, 5 years later the Mazda died. I rewarded myself with a tC. That's true example of earning a vehicle!
You want a medal?

Exuse me for not being able to get a job when i turned 13, we have laws here in the real world now that prohibite minors from working. Your just oblivious to the fact that i said that i have to pay for the car still, because you want to continue to biscuit and whine. Grow up already.
Hey, I wasn't pointing at you, I was making a point. By the way, ever heard of neighborhood jobs? Like mowing grass, raking leaves, cleaning gutters, walking dogs... I could go on..
Old 07-28-2005, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Birthday Present and I gotta pay half!

I received my 2006 Scion tC on Friday the 22nd of July. 3 days before my B-day. But it's not the usual birthday present, I had to pay half of the cost and my parents have a very high financial status. I saw a post the other day about a guy complaining about people receiving free cars as a B-day present. Well in my case, it's not exactly the same but I fall under that category. There is no balance in life. Something things you have others may not have and vice versa. But that doesn't mean you can't have it. My father said to me when I thanked him for the vehicle, show me your appreciation by doing the "right" thing. I believe for every parent that gave a vehicle as a gift meant the same thing. Money is not the issue nor is material, it is what you do to "earn" such things. You earn the right to purchase a new vehicle when you work hard. In my case, I earned the right to be given a vehicle as a gift by going to college full-time as an electrical engineer/Part-Time Electrical Engineer Intern/paying my half/and showing my appreciation to my father & mother. That is what they meant by doing the right thing but not limited to. I used to drive a 1998 Kia Sephia with all sorts of problems. 5 times I turned down the offer for a new vehicle when something went wrong. Until it started affecting my school performance. I then said, you don't have to buy me a new vehicle. My mother said, "You earned it." So for those of you hatin on the fact that some people receive a brand new vehicle as a gift, here is something that may give you some insight on how other people might have earned theirs in one way or another.

Don't Hate! Appreciate!

Dat Dude
Old 07-28-2005, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member

when i turned 16 my parents got me a 2002 S430, i didnt like it sooo i drove it for a year then they bought me my 2004 Galant GtS, i love my parents
Old 07-28-2005, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

damnit man, when I was 16 I got a 93 Honda Accord Coupe w/ 160k

And then it died thanks to ice back in PA, and on that same week, some _____ decided to change lanes into me.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member

Bought one for myself for my Birthday. I'm 34. lol