Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

My first accident. Its all just damn badluck (pix heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My first accident. Its all just damn badluck (pix heavy)

Ugh, so this is what it feels like to be caught up in a car accident. Heres the story!

Tell me if Im at fault or the other person is. Its so frustrating.

Im driving downtown after class at 11am to head home. The road is a 3 lane one way with an upcoming intersection with 2 ways. Im driving on the far left going straight through the intersection. On the far right was a silver BMW and I guess she wanted to make a left at the intersection.

She literally nose dives across 3 lanes to make the left at the intersection about 100 feet away. I only saw her for a split second so I had to make a decision: Go straight and plow the ____ outta the 330ci, swerve around her and hope I can countersteer back before hitting a parked car, or swerve and make a sharp left in hopes of dodging her.

By that time, I was at the intersection already so I decided to swerve to dodge her and take a sharp left. UGH. Bad idea. I supersuper understeered (thanks tc) and I hit a curb and trash can.

My hood, right fender, bumper and wheels are trashed. Im sure theres damage to the control arm, strut/shocks and other stuff under there. I havent taken a look.

BTW, you guessed it....ASIAN. Im Vietnamese myself, but damn I would never take a risk maneuver like that. The lady turned otu to be like 45 years old, vietnamese, and didnt speak one bit of english.

I called the cops and he came to do interviews and take information. The thing that ____es me off is not that my car is trashed but that she blatantly lied to the officer! She told him that she was behind me the whole time and that I just drove wreckless. BS!

The only eyewitness, whom I called over right away and asked to stay with me until the cops came, didnt see much. The witness saw that the bmw was on the left of me and that her turn signal was on. She didnt see the BMW cut me off. dammmmnit.

So here I am, ranting cause I just finished my car. I got my kit on. My wheels were literally 5 days old. You can find my thread in the wheel and tire section asking about the fitment/rubbing issues. UGH

Here, pics for proof:

And ironically, the overcast weather made me want to do a small photoshoot today to show you guys my new mods. I guess thats not gonna happen

Im hoping for a total loss here, but I highly highly highly doubt it, huh?

Comments? Complaints?
--edit

Now thinking about it, I shoulda just plowed her car
Old 04-10-2009, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your bumper and headlight can be replaced easily..however it looks like your axle broke. I doubt they will deem it total but at least your safe. I feel sorry for your bro..
Old 04-10-2009, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah. Im hoping they will though. Axle and frame damage happened, im sure. I know it cost a bit to fix those stuff. I just want a check for a new car.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sucks man! Unless they find some heavy damage to the suspension or frame I doubt they will total it.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...can I just do my own damage? hahah jk
Old 04-10-2009, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoleLaced
...can I just do my own damage? hahah jk

haha yea just get under there and rip some stuff out!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear that man. I hate people that drive with their heads up their @sses. Hope it all gets fixed.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

omg thats my zip code!! I am sorry for your loss, let me know if I can help you in anyway.

looks repairable:
bumper
possibly new crash bar
new fender + side skirt
windshield washer fluid reserve,
passenger headlight
hood
new grill set
new wheel, tire
new front axle + a lot of labor hours
paint mix and match

$7000-$8500

if insurance pays for it, I know a hecka good body shop around san jose, its Capitol Collision on Snell ave. owned by capitol collision.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had almost same kind of damage it was around 4k had oem lip kit replaced headlight, axle, knuckle bearing, 1 oem rim and tire. and fender.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

glad to hear you okay it was like i had 4k damage but looks like your car has a few more things damaged.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry dude! This sucks to see so many Scions being wrecked! I need a new bumper too...mine is wrecked from a pipe on 101 in San Jose.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That stinks man. Sorry to hear that. Did you see if there were any cameras at the intersection? That might help your cause.

Probably not totaled. Next time, plow the BMW. Then roll out of the car roll around on the ground screaming in pain holding your neck or something. Then, once you get the money from a settlement buy a BMW or a Lexus

Could have been worse, when you said swerve I was having images of that head on crash in TX someone posted up.
Glad you are safe.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow sux to hear and glad your ok. Im guessing in situations like that dont dodge it. But then again it always depends on the situation. Hope everything turns out good
Old 04-10-2009, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

next time plow the BMW.......with the gas to the floor and claim you had the brake on......must of got confused.........human error.......sorry for your damage.....I can imagine it looked sharp before playing rodeo clown with it and the trash can and curb and pole
Old 04-10-2009, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is that the lady in the third picture?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow.... I hate saying women drivers are bad.... but my stereotypes have really been reinforced in the past few days. lol
Old 04-10-2009, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

ouch, at least nobody was injured. a car can be replaced by lives cant, yes corny i know but truth is truth. hope things go well with repairs if you choose to do so. the car woulda looked great as it did in the last few pics of the undamaged side.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I seen your car around State a couple of times. Downtown is a crazy place to drive, especially the right and left lanes with all those parked cars. Not to mention some people making those left turns dont even use their signals wth. On top of that, not only do you have to pay attention to all the cars around you, but for the possibilities of people getting out their car or crossing the street. The middle lane aint that much better either with all the dang sewer potholes.

Hopes everything works out for you.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mystik
ouch, at least nobody was injured. a car can be replaced by lives cant, yes corny i know but truth is truth. hope things go well with repairs if you choose to do so. the car woulda looked great as it did in the last few pics of the undamaged side.
Yeah exactly. Im just happy that noone was hurt. My wallet will be considering that I pay for my own insurance at the age of 19.

Thanks for the comments of the car undamaged. I was loving how it looked. I literally got it that way 5 days ago.

Originally Posted by Domo
is that the lady in the third picture?
Haha, not. It was just some cranky lady that helped the tow driver.

Originally Posted by BZinn1
next time plow the BMW.......with the gas to the floor and claim you had the brake on......must of got confused.........human error.......sorry for your damage.....I can imagine it looked sharp before playing rodeo clown with it and the trash can and curb and pole
Yeah, plow the BMW.

It was scary! It felt like I was drifting a 240 or something, but not quiet hahah

Originally Posted by 09tC_CB7
That stinks man. Sorry to hear that. Did you see if there were any cameras at the intersection? That might help your cause.

Probably not totaled. Next time, plow the BMW. Then roll out of the car roll around on the ground screaming in pain holding your neck or something. Then, once you get the money from a settlement buy a BMW or a Lexus

Could have been worse, when you said swerve I was having images of that head on crash in TX someone posted up.
Glad you are safe.
Yeah, shoulda plowed that BMW. qftft x100

Originally Posted by jamessicat25
omg thats my zip code!! I am sorry for your loss, let me know if I can help you in anyway.

looks repairable:
bumper
possibly new crash bar
new fender + side skirt
windshield washer fluid reserve,
passenger headlight
hood
new grill set
new wheel, tire
new front axle + a lot of labor hours
paint mix and match

$7000-$8500

if insurance pays for it, I know a hecka good body shop around san jose, its Capitol Collision on Snell ave. owned by capitol collision.
Is it really that much?! How much in damages would I need for a total lost?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys for all the PM. Im fine and so will be my car. Im just sad to see it parked on my drive way looking like that.

juuuuuuuuuuust take it awayyyyyy already

Quick Reply: My first accident. Its all just damn badluck (pix heavy)