Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
poorly constructed opinions ftl
Originally Posted by NYNCTC
can we ban metalranger for being an idoit?

you need to learn how to type buddy as well as not be a retard.
Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
that roll cage is the farthest thing from rice, not only does it compliment the car and flow with all the other parts, its also fully functional.

1.) keeps the driver safe in the even of an accident. (especially in Stephen' car, since the carbon fiber doors dont have the crash bars inside of them like the stock doors do.)
2.) provides a safe and proper way to mount the harnesses
3.) provides rigidity to the chassis
oh, and

4.) ill take that roll cage over a set of s-techs and a tsudo fart can any day.

haha thanks for the backup guys! he probably just doesnt understand the function behind the parts on my car. i cracked up pretty hard when i read your guys's comments back to him, fart can, him being an idiot, and poorly construction opinions ftl, hahaha :D
Old 09-24-2009, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by dodaddy
haha thanks for the backup guys! he probably just doesnt understand the function behind the parts on my car. i cracked up pretty hard when i read your guys's comments back to him, fart can, him being an idiot, and poorly construction opinions ftl, hahaha :D

Functional would dictate that you actually USE them for their designed purpose.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ yep, way to state that mr. obvious
Old 09-24-2009, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Functional would dictate that you actually USE them for their designed purpose.
this car was built solely for the track...its not done yet so it hasnt seen the track yet...
Old 09-24-2009, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ exactly, thank you cory. I'm just waiting on the AEM standalone before I can actually start tracking it again. then LSD, and BBK and i should be set.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so wait...let me get this straight.....because i do not like the car, and think it is rice, i am flamed because of that?

ill make a mental note not to speak my mind on another car in this forum...orange rims....roll cage (on a unfinished car)...i mean sorry i think its rice...if the guy like it bad ___...i dont....dont flame me for it...and the rice part was because he is Asian...dont want to get bashed for that...

good day
Old 09-25-2009, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh, and

4.) ill take that roll cage over a set of s-techs and a tsudo fart can any day.
coming from a guy with lime green rims....
Old 09-25-2009, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by metalranger33
coming from a guy with lime green rims....
and one of the nicer, clean cars on this website.

dodaddy looking good, I always like checking your thread out to see what my car may one day look like. Props bro
Old 09-25-2009, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you even know what rice is in the context of modifying?
Old 09-25-2009, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i do...once again not bashing...stating me 02 cents....lime green rims i dont like..car is real nice though
Old 09-25-2009, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ yep, way to state that mr. obvious

You sure are a cocky little dude. Or perhaps a little hot headed. You almost act like you have the best tC on this forum or something...

this car was built solely for the track...its not done yet so it hasnt seen the track yet...
Has he had any prior track experience FIRST? One would benefit first from homing his skills rather than disguising poor driving with all the mods to a car. And if it was truly a track ready car, it wouldn't have a bolt-in cage. It would have a welded in cage which IS a cage that stiffens the chassis way more than some bolt-in unit.

^^ exactly, thank you cory. I'm just waiting on the AEM standalone before I can actually start tracking it again. then LSD, and BBK and i should be set.

You don't need every possible mod to be competitive. A dude with less mods but a better driver would run circles around you.

You mentioned in the other thread which contradicts what you are saying now:

I haven't taken my car to a 1/4 drag strip since my last tune (no meth, no walbro fuel pump), but running my car with full interior, 6psi, kumho all season tires w/ my 18" rims, I ran 14.0 flat. It's a crappy time, and I'm not a good driver when it comes to the 1/4 mile time.

You're exactly right on the clutch, it is rated at 210whp range, but hasn't slipped yet. Mind you that I don't rail on my car ever, i usually shift at 3-4k rpm's quarter throttling the car because of that. But it didn't slip on the dyno at all during tuning or dyno days.

Hence the reason for my comment of you are not using it, so it's not Functional. Purpose built track cars don't put in weak clutches and expect them to hold. And you talking about never getting on your car, I assumed it was a trailer queen.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You sure are a cocky little dude. Or perhaps a little hot headed. You almost act like you have the best tC on this forum or something...

Has he had any prior track experience FIRST? One would benefit first from homing his skills rather than disguising poor driving with all the mods to a car. And if it was truly a track ready car, it wouldn't have a bolt-in cage. It would have a welded in cage which IS a cage that stiffens the chassis way more than some bolt-in unit.

You don't need every possible mod to be competitive. A dude with less mods but a better driver would run circles around you.

You mentioned in the other thread which contradicts what you are saying now:

Hence the reason for my comment of you are not using it, so it's not Functional. Purpose built track cars don't put in weak clutches and expect them to hold. And you talking about never getting on your car, I assumed it was a trailer queen.
god bless you, you took the words out of my mouth...
Old 09-25-2009, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

its not built for drag racing...
its built for autoxing.

and actually, i would much rather wait to track the car until it was done, if i tracked it first id get used to the stock car than have to re-adjust to everything when it was finished.

and talk about cocky...jeez.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
Do you even know what rice is in the context of modifying?
the real question is do you.....

i could put a 10in tach on my dashboard....would it be rice>?
if i put a roll cage in a 13 sec car...would it be a overkill?
t/a (trans am) dont even put roll cages till they hit 10s' or 11's in the 1/4....what purpose would a roll cage (other than extra weight) serve in a 13 sec car....or at least it should be a 13 sec car....once again not trying to have a ____ing contest but seriously.....
Old 09-25-2009, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its built for autoxing.

and actually, i would much rather wait to track the car until it was done, if i tracked it first id get used to the stock car than have to re-adjust to everything when it was finished.

why....you have to start somewhere before you make adjustments..other than that he or you could have all the mods in the world yet be crap drivers and all your mods would be for nothing...

so let me get this straight......you add all the mods....then see how you do...
instead of seeing how you would do first, then make adjustments i.e mods....

thats a s s backwards if you ask me....
Old 09-25-2009, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

its built for autoxing.

I didn't specify the type of racing. I said "Track Car" in general. If it was drag racing, he wouldn't even need a cage to begin wth, as he's not running 11secs or better down the 1/4 mile. He isn't even fast enough to require a helmet yet.

And no you would NOT get used to the stock car and have to re-adjust to it. You hone your skills.

Have YOU raced your tC before? You may think you are going as hard as you can, and then have an instructor jump in your car and tell you whats wrong...and immediately shave off 2 secs. Goes to show you, you are not driving the best the car can do. A good driver in a less modded car will destroy a bad driver with every possible mods he THINKS will get him ready for the track.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

looks great man! id say get the CF fenders too though to match the rest of the CF lol...

how much weight reduction would you say you got out of the CF doors?
Old 09-25-2009, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

why....you have to start somewhere before you make adjustments..other than that he or you could have all the mods in the world yet be crap drivers and all your mods would be for nothing...

so let me get this straight......you add all the mods....then see how you do...
instead of seeing how you would do first, then make adjustments i.e mods....

thats a s s backwards if you ask me....

Yes it is backwards. And I would go so far as to say that I would put $100 dollars on myself or my boy Slikk to run his intake only (for power), and suspension modded tC against a tC such as this one with all the bells and whistles, to race in an AutoX.

You will get your feelings hurt real fast when your time gets eclipsed by a couple of seconds in a tC with stock HP. AutoX'ing is a "Driver's" sport rather than a "Car" sport. Meaning...HP don't mean squat at a tight technical AutoX. My boy Brian has a fully built tC (542whp last dynoed). He ran his xB at the AutoX though while his tC was getting worked on. He was running 2 secs faster than a dude driving an S2k. Needless to say, the S2k owner was a little bit depressed.

Also as a side note:

Modifications to your car bumps you up in class rankings. Being a noob driver with all your mods is going to throw you into the higher classes where drivers would spank you in a stock economy Corolla. These higher classes usually contain Higher Caliber drivers. Keep that in mind.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

the real question is do you.....

i could put a 10in tach on my dashboard....would it be rice>?
if i put a roll cage in a 13 sec car...would it be a overkill?
t/a (trans am) dont even put roll cages till they hit 10s' or 11's in the 1/4....what purpose would a roll cage (other than extra weight) serve in a 13 sec car....or at least it should be a 13 sec car....once again not trying to have a ____ing contest but seriously.....
dont know what track they are running at but the techs must suck because NHRA rules state you have to have a cage if you run faster than an 11.49

I didn't specify the type of racing. I said "Track Car" in general. If it was drag racing, he wouldn't even need a cage to begin wth, as he's not running 11secs or better down the 1/4 mile. He isn't even fast enough to require a helmet yet.

And no you would NOT get used to the stock car and have to re-adjust to it. You hone your skills.

Have YOU raced your tC before? You may think you are going as hard as you can, and then have an instructor jump in your car and tell you whats wrong...and immediately shave off 2 secs. Goes to show you, you are not driving the best the car can do. A good driver in a less modded car will destroy a bad driver with every possible mods he THINKS will get him ready for the track.
and yes, i just tracked my car a little over a week ago...bone stock. prob the most boring 6 hours of my life.

and i know a good driver in a slower car would beat a bad driver in a faster car. trust me, ive beat plenty of people that i shouldnt have because driving>them.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that roll cage is the farthest thing from rice, not only does it compliment the car and flow with all the other parts, its also fully functional.

1.) keeps the driver safe in the even of an accident. (especially in Stephen' car, since the carbon fiber doors dont have the crash bars inside of them like the stock doors do.)
Well now..since dodaddy drives his tC as a DD and he doesnt wear a helmet everywhere he travels, I would say the cage does more harm then good. Not trying to pick fights, just stating common sense.

Quick Reply: My FM tC!! pg. 1 for pics