Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
Well now..since dodaddy drives his tC as a DD and he doesnt wear a helmet everywhere he travels, I would say the cage does more harm then good. Not trying to pick fights, just stating common sense.

Indeed +1 on that one as well. You don't daily drive a car with a cage in it. When or if you ever crash, the bars are going to end up smacking you upside the head.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
and yes, i just tracked my car a little over a week ago...bone stock. prob the most boring 6 hours of my life.

and i know a good driver in a slower car would beat a bad driver in a faster car. trust me, ive beat plenty of people that i shouldnt have because driving>them.

If you are bored, then to me 1 of 2 things must be true....1) Racing is not for you. Or 2) You must be spanking all the competition and need to move up in classes. If you are NOT spanking people in your class and you are NOT constantly taking home first place.....then I'm not following your logic. I would be entertained simply by trying to take home top honors in my class, by concentrating on driving better and improving my skills.

But hey, that's just me. It's not the gospel truth.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont know what track they are running at but the techs must suck because NHRA rules state you have to have a cage if you run faster than an 11.49

and yes, i just tracked my car a little over a week ago...bone stock. prob the most boring 6 hours of my life.

and i know a good driver in a slower car would beat a bad driver in a faster car. trust me, ive beat plenty of people that i shouldnt have because driving>them.
i said that T/As do not put roll cages till they hit 10-11 seconds 1/4...means that they consistently hit those times hence they would need them...everyone should know that you need a roll cage with those 1/4 times....no one puts roll cages in a DD that barely hits 13s....
Old 09-25-2009, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

rythmn i was doing the 1/4, which is prob why i was so bored. lol, the tc is a dog stock, if i was autozing i prob woulda had a little more fun.

metalranger, the cage isnt for drag racing...its an autox car so the cage and stephens times arent really relevent.

and as to DD'ing and the cage. i would take the cage in a heartbeat over no cage since the CF doors have NO crashbars in them, ill take my chances getting smacked up side the head with a bar vs. having no bars and getting ripped in half.

and alright, im done saying anything in this thread.
were argueing like a bunch of retards about a car that isnt ours.
i like it.
you guys dont.
cool.
we all have diff opinions and are entitled to them but this little ____ing match has gone on long enough and if Stephens wants the thread cleaned up guess who's gonna have to do it...
Old 09-25-2009, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well im not arguing, im just discussing someone elses ride since this is there thread. This is what a forum is about, discussion.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

i wasnt even really referring to you. lol
and discussion...yes.
pointless ____ing matches that go in circles...no.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm..I like your comparison, good stuff.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

rythmn i was doing the 1/4, which is prob why i was so bored. lol, the tc is a dog stock, if i was autozing i prob woulda had a little more fun.

metalranger, the cage isnt for drag racing...its an autox car so the cage and stephens times arent really relevent.

and as to DD'ing and the cage. i would take the cage in a heartbeat over no cage since the CF doors have NO crashbars in them, ill take my chances getting smacked up side the head with a bar vs. having no bars and getting ripped in half.

and alright, im done saying anything in this thread.
were argueing like a bunch of retards about a car that isnt ours.
i like it.
you guys dont.
cool.
we all have diff opinions and are entitled to them but this little ____ing match has gone on long enough and if Stephens wants the thread cleaned up guess who's gonna have to do it...
If it was a p$ss match then we would be commenting on who's car is better. But I'm not talking about that. Even for AutoX there are way more chassis enhancing mods you can do before EVER...EVER...putting in a bolt in cage. Again it puts you in upper class ranks. Going to find yourself getting beat by cars with way less mods. And that can be disheartning.

For a daily driver the car is a death trap. You don't put on carbon doors and daily drive it and then throw in a bolt in cage as a means for safety. Sorry my brain just does not compute that.

There is one thing missing from a car that is supposedly setup for track.....it actually has to RUN on a track.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by metalranger33
why....you have to start somewhere before you make adjustments..other than that he or you could have all the mods in the world yet be crap drivers and all your mods would be for nothing...

so let me get this straight......you add all the mods....then see how you do...
instead of seeing how you would do first, then make adjustments i.e mods....

thats a s s backwards if you ask me....

All my mods compliment each other. I don't need to test every product I buy each time after I'm done putting it on. It's like you buy a turbo kit for your car, you have to tune it. Tested. Now I buy a strut bars for my car.. why would I want to waste my time testing a more of a cosmetic look mod. anyways..

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
You sure are a cocky little dude. Or perhaps a little hot headed. You almost act like you have the best tC on this forum or something...

Has he had any prior track experience FIRST? One would benefit first from homing his skills rather than disguising poor driving with all the mods to a car. And if it was truly a track ready car, it wouldn't have a bolt-in cage. It would have a welded in cage which IS a cage that stiffens the chassis way more than some bolt-in unit.

You don't need every possible mod to be competitive. A dude with less mods but a better driver would run circles around you.

You mentioned in the other thread which contradicts what you are saying now:

Hence the reason for my comment of you are not using it, so it's not Functional. Purpose built track cars don't put in weak clutches and expect them to hold. And you talking about never getting on your car, I assumed it was a trailer queen.

I don't act like i have the best tc ever, I've never once put down anyone's tc nor have I ever made one condescending remark towards there car. Aside from being a true track car, having a welded in cage would of been ideal, but I didn't have the money to do that. You need to stop assuming things about myself and my car. I've never said I'm a good driver, in fact, I claimed that I am a bad driver many many times when it comes to tracking my car on the 1/4 mile. So again, you need to stop assuming that I think I'm a good driver. And if you want to talk about function, then you need to get rid of that spoiler cause I'm damn sure your car isn't hitting speeds enough to support it. If I wanted to be cocky, I would be on your thread right now talking mad sh*t because honestly your car build is garbage. That's my opinion. Why would you buy a gigantic wing if your car isn't even fast enough to support it. But whatever, that's your poor decision. And I put in a stage 1 clutch not knowing that my car would be over 250 whp, but it turns out it is As far as not ever getting in my car, I drive it maybe once a week, or just on the weekends when I don't work, and I don't have a truck or trailer, so again with your stupid assumptions, it is not a trailer queen.

so wait...let me get this straight.....because i do not like the car, and think it is rice, i am flamed because of that?

ill make a mental note not to speak my mind on another car in this forum...orange rims....roll cage (on a unfinished car)...i mean sorry i think its rice...if the guy like it bad ___...i dont....dont flame me for it...and the rice part was because he is Asian...dont want to get bashed for that...

good day

every car is unfinished.. took me awhile to realize that.

I didn't specify the type of racing. I said "Track Car" in general. If it was drag racing, he wouldn't even need a cage to begin wth, as he's not running 11secs or better down the 1/4 mile. He isn't even fast enough to require a helmet yet.

And no you would NOT get used to the stock car and have to re-adjust to it. You hone your skills.

Have YOU raced your tC before? You may think you are going as hard as you can, and then have an instructor jump in your car and tell you whats wrong...and immediately shave off 2 secs. Goes to show you, you are not driving the best the car can do. A good driver in a less modded car will destroy a bad driver with every possible mods he THINKS will get him ready for the track.

another great statement, a good driver in a less modded car will destroy a bad driver with every possible mod, mr. obvious!

Originally Posted by rrimportracer
looks great man! id say get the CF fenders too though to match the rest of the CF lol...

how much weight reduction would you say you got out of the CF doors?

thank yoU! probably about 100 lbs, not as much as it sounds like lol, but I've considered the fenders, but Seibon doesn't make OEM size

Well now..since dodaddy drives his tC as a DD and he doesnt wear a helmet everywhere he travels, I would say the cage does more harm then good. Not trying to pick fights, just stating common sense.

Indeed +1 on that one as well. You don't daily drive a car with a cage in it. When or if you ever crash, the bars are going to end up smacking you upside the head.
i said that T/As do not put roll cages till they hit 10-11 seconds 1/4...means that they consistently hit those times hence they would need them...everyone should know that you need a roll cage with those 1/4 times....no one puts roll cages in a DD that barely hits 13s....
If it was a p$ss match then we would be commenting on who's car is better. But I'm not talking about that. Even for AutoX there are way more chassis enhancing mods you can do before EVER...EVER...putting in a bolt in cage. Again it puts you in upper class ranks. Going to find yourself getting beat by cars with way less mods. And that can be disheartning.

For a daily driver the car is a death trap. You don't put on carbon doors and daily drive it and then throw in a bolt in cage as a means for safety. Sorry my brain just does not compute that.

There is one thing missing from a car that is supposedly setup for track.....it actually has to RUN on a track.

i don't DD my car.. i haven't for awhile. people need to stop assuming things before posting, or at least ask.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no offense but what do you do with your ride then? Is it just trailored like rhythm said? I mean obviously you didnt take it to the track as stated before. Pick one, its either you drive it or it just collects dust until show day.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no offense but what do you do with your ride then? Is it just trailored like rhythm said? I mean obviously you didnt take it to the track as stated before. Pick one, its either you drive it or it just collects dust until show day.
I only drive it when I need to get work done to it, or when I need to run somewhere quick since it's in my garage I can just hop in. I don't drive it as much because it's not as reliable in my opinion as my daily driver. I show it because I don't want to track it yet until i get standalone, for the sake of my motor.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stephen, people gotta get off your nuts. goddamn
Old 09-25-2009, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ haha, i was trying to message you on FB like a few minutes ago but your offline wtffff!

it's all good though, it's my car, not anyone elses. I definitely take constructive criticism from anyone, but I don't need people to assume things about me and my car without asking, if they don't know the answer.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dodaddy
^^ haha, i was trying to message you on FB like a few minutes ago but your offline wtffff!

it's all good though, it's my car, not anyone elses. I definitely take constructive criticism from anyone, but I don't need people to assume things about me and my car without asking, if they don't know the answer.
haha sorry. fb is being a biscuit for me. I should be online now though.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dodaddy, who cares if you dont dd your car or track it all the time. you built it for yourself, no one else. remember that
Old 09-25-2009, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ thank you for that comment!!!!! that's what matters. if people like it, then thats the icing on the cake!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seriously who cares wtf he does with his car, it is his car. There are plenty of people on here to don't DD there car.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no problem bro.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't act like i have the best tc ever, I've never once put down anyone's tc nor have I ever made one condescending remark towards there car. Aside from being a true track car, having a welded in cage would of been ideal, but I didn't have the money to do that. You need to stop assuming things about myself and my car. I've never said I'm a good driver, in fact, I claimed that I am a bad driver many many times when it comes to tracking my car on the 1/4 mile. So again, you need to stop assuming that I think I'm a good driver.

I didn't say you said it. I said you "act" like it. And I didn't assume you were a good driver. I assumed the opposite if you read my comments correctly.

And if you want to talk about function, then you need to get rid of that spoiler cause I'm damn sure your car isn't hitting speeds enough to support it. If I wanted to be cocky, I would be on your thread right now talking mad sh*t because honestly your car build is garbage. That's my opinion. Why would you buy a gigantic wing if your car isn't even fast enough to support it. But whatever, that's your poor decision. And I put in a stage 1 clutch not knowing that my car would be over 250 whp, but it turns out it is As far as not ever getting in my car, I drive it maybe once a week, or just on the weekends when I don't work, and I don't have a truck or trailer, so again with your stupid assumptions, it is not a trailer queen.

Really? Is that so...

Old video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbIhvREOOk

Last boost setting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7PzQ28LaXE

Don't talk to me about going fast dude. I know how how fast my car is, and I'm pretty sure it's went faster than yours has. I said it wasn't a p$ss match for a reason. And no one said your build was crap, I said it was unsafe for a daily driver...two different things there. But if you want to go there we can.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Don't talk about someone else not being fast when the fastest you have gone is a 14sec 1/4 mile.

I'm done with this. Rice boy's with money = Worst Ricers to deal with.

Quick Reply: My FM tC!! pg. 1 for pics