Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

My Picture/Project Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for got to mention just a couple of recommended mods from me,are the clutch play fix,a short shifter,and some cable bushings...with these easy mods,ill make driving much more enjoyable
Old 10-29-2010, 02:03 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by my06tc
for got to mention just a couple of recommended mods from me,are the clutch play fix,a short shifter,and some cable bushings...with these easy mods,ill make driving much more enjoyable
oh im definitely going to do a short shifter, ive done a little research and i think the twm stage two would be the shifter for me. Is that clutch play fix in the DIY section? i thought i saw something like that. and what kind of cable bushing would you recommend?
Old 10-30-2010, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bcp06tc
oh im definitely going to do a short shifter, ive done a little research and i think the twm stage two would be the shifter for me. Is that clutch play fix in the DIY section? i thought i saw something like that. and what kind of cable bushing would you recommend?
there is a thread some where on the clutch delay fix....theres so many different methods on doing it,i came up with my own, i basically bought a pack of super sliders from lowes....and stuck one on the metal part that engages the switch,then another one on the bumper stop..i didnt think it would work,but it was perfect,no drilling or anything cheap $5 mod...it makes a huge difference,smoother shifting without slamming the clutch top the floor..i can go through gears alot quicker,cause less time that i need to push on the clutch,cause its right there...not to sensitive but not to slow

check out this thread.....the last post is me on how i did it,but theres tons of other methods on how others did it,but what i did takes like then 2 mins very simple

i have doc I cables bushings,made a huge difference also,made the shifter tighter and more precise,but i have the b&m short shifter,upgraded from the trd which was ok...
Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 PM
SL Member

ok cool ill check out how its done sounds like something ill probably do, and for the bushings ill check those out too
Old 11-02-2010, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok cool ill check out how its done sounds like something ill probably do, and for the bushings ill check those out too

check out the twp throttle controller,ill make the car alot more responsive,its make driving alot more fun,i have it and love it,best mod ive done besides my other stuff
Old 11-05-2010, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Few recommendations, buy a distribution block that sits on the battery. I have 3 amps a compressor and my normal positive terminal all running to the battery... standard terminals SUCK and on toyotas we run a lot more off the battery then people realize, Car idling like ____? It's probably not because of an engine issue or the alternator... I used to have issues when I had 2 amps, (1500 watts rms) and my car would idle at about 500 rpms or stall sometimes depending... would restart and everything was fine. Go to Bestbuy or any place and buy a horizontal distribution block and replace it. Runs great and I've got a ton of power in the car... no loose terminals anymore.

Second piece of advice LOWER THE CAR, I hated mine till I lowered the car the first time, dug it then got tired of it. Got a quarter of an inch off the ground well motor swap transmission and custom boost are coming in soon lets just say i love the car...

Finally when you are ready to lower the car get a custom exhaust... even though the TRD sounds decent swap out for headers with a decent reasonator so it doesn't sound raspy. Plain and simple if you want to drive aggressive or have something perform thats not what your looking for. it hangs low i caught mine on a frost heave or two...

LOVE THE COLOR, interior looks super clean! If you need anything yell out it's a family thing ;)
Old 02-17-2011, 02:37 AM
SL Member

hey all, sorry i have been gone for so long... just nothing really happening with my car the last few months (winter sucks) but i have an update... i just got a carbon fiber hood and i will be posting pics as soon as i install it (should be in a couple of days) untill then this is what the hood looks like Name:  20110216200532.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  56.0 KB
sorry, crappy cell phone pic... will get better pics with gfs camera lol
Old 02-19-2011, 08:21 PM
SL Member

Default got the hood on

ok everyone, i just got the hood on today... thanks to the great weather we have been having... fitment was very good. here are some pics

Name:  20110219134628.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  154.9 KB

Name:  20110219135214.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  149.7 KB

Name:  20110219134556.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  125.6 KB

Name:  20110219134614.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  129.9 KB
any opinions would be greatly appreciated, i have more photos as well if anyone wants to see more, and installation was a breeze i could have done it myself but i had my buddy help id recommend getting a helper for a hood install.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:19 PM
SL Member

Default update

just an update, i ordered the tsudo mid pipe yesterday. I'm looking forward to my exhaust being louder than just the TRD. i will get pics up of the mid pipe and the installed once i receive it in the mail!.......... the drop is coming next!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually like the hood. Looks good IMO. Kinda a weird mod early on though
Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

clean ride man
Old 03-04-2011, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

sell the hood MOAR low.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good so far man. I just picked up my tc in january and have been waiting out winter to drop it as well.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and i dont see a point in getting new rims if they are not lighter
My roommate has a tC with the stock 17's, and I have the 18's that came on this car. There is a world of difference in regards to handling. I could never go back.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:41 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hayseed
I actually like the hood. Looks good IMO. Kinda a weird mod early on though

i got it for $200 bucks from some guy local, he only had it on for one summer then, knocked up his fiance and decided to sell some stuff off his car since he just got a bike. I saw it and couldnt pass up the deal for such a clean hood. Originally carbon fiber stuff was at the end of my list though lol thanks though hayseed.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:43 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by serith
My roommate has a tC with the stock 17's, and I have the 18's that came on this car. There is a world of difference in regards to handling. I could never go back.
is it maybe just because the difference in tires? cuz if 18s will help handling that much then i might look into them, i was just gonna get some nice performance tires when these ones wear out.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:49 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcbreeze
clean ride man
thanks tcbreeze

Originally Posted by Irishguy0224
Looks good so far man. I just picked up my tc in january and have been waiting out winter to drop it as well.
sounds good man, yeah livin in NY i would for sure wait for winter to be over to drop it.... when ya do lets see some pics! what type of springs/coils you lookin at gettin?

Originally Posted by Joyride
sell the hood MOAR low.
no way im sellin the hood but i am goin more low lol
Old 03-05-2011, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is it maybe just because the difference in tires? cuz if 18s will help handling that much then i might look into them, i was just gonna get some nice performance tires when these ones wear out.
Pretty sure it is universally accepted that 18's handle better than 17's? I could be completely wrong but I think this is the case
Old 03-05-2011, 04:32 PM
SL Member

Well, I would think it would depend on width as well as weight and also what tire you are using... there are a lot of factors to look at
Old 02-15-2013, 12:41 AM
SL Member

Default Been a while

Hey all, its been a long time since i have done any work to the TC (financial reasons i ended up selling my SC and other parts) but now im back at it and im picking up my DEZOD S1 turbo kit this weekend. I will post pics as soon as i get them! Im stoked

Quick Reply: My Picture/Project Thread