2005-2010 [ANT10]

My Scion "Experience"

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My Scion "Experience"

I this point i've pretty much have given up. But here goes my story.

I started noitcing that when around 4000k in RPM and i let go of the gas i heard a tapping/grinding noise. I only hear it when the clutch is engaged. I took to the dealer by my house. Gateway Toyota. They kept telling me they could not hear anything. So after about 7 visits to them and them coming up with BS stories, i contacted Scion. They were extremely helpful at first. The next day i had an appointment for a tech to come to my dealer and ride WITH me int he car to show him my issues. The day came and i dropped the car off real early. I told them.. I will be home call me when the tech arrives.

Never got a call. Went to pick up car and nothing was found wrong with the car. Till this day i have called the scion rep about 6 times and he has yet to return my phone call. No one will do anything. To make things worse they sent me a model Scion tc in the mail the other day with a letter apologizing.

I have checked with several of my mechanics and they all tell me its the Throw out bearing. Not sure what to do. Going back to the dealer today. Lets see what happenes.

If anyone has any opinions or suggestions on what it might be ... please post.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The model tC you got isn't for this problem you're having - it's for the work they likely did on your wind deflector.

Can you get anyone at the dealer to ride with you to hear it? Or if the guy from corporate comes out again, can you setup an appt with him and only take the car once he arrives?
Old 03-24-2006, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've tried calling him several times and he wont return my calls. I have a friend at another dealer but he said he is limited to what he can do because i contacted Scion. I have taken him for a ride and he hears the issue so he chanegd the fluid last time and told me to let him know if i still have an issue. All the other times i tell the othr dealer to call me when they are ready to take the car for a ride but they never called me. So thats why i went corperate in the first place. The car rides ok.... its just a little rough through shifts, especially 1st to 2nd where it grinds alot of the time. But the sound is like a light grinding/metal/rubbing sound.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm... if you have someone from corporate coming out... I think the biggest thing you should do is NOT drop off the car. Cause then if they have it, they're more likely to just not tell you when they go or what they're going b/c it's more of a hassle since they already have it.

If you can, have them call you when they need the car. Then you can take it right to them and have someone go with you.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well iam going to see if i can go to the other dealer where my freinds works today. I dont really feel comfortable going back to the other dealer as they probably dont like me much. I was wondering if anyone had any input on what they might think it is or might be? Anyone with a similar issue?

My two issues are 1. Grinding when shifting from 1st to 2nd. 2. Rubbing/grinding noise at higher RPM's when letting of the gas. On happens in gear. Sounds to be coming from right in front of drivers seat.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

if you've contacted corportate, and they are coming out
they will have you ride with them..they usually do not test drive the cars without the customer going with the rep., its wasting the reps time..they have plenty of issues to deal with, since its only one person working the region
Old 03-24-2006, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: My Scion "Experience"

Originally Posted by qbnlykwhoa

I started noitcing that when around 4000k in RPM and i let go of the gas i heard a tapping/grinding noise. I only hear it when the clutch is engaged. I took to the dealer by my house. Gateway Toyota. They kept telling me they could not hear anything. So after about 7 visits to them and them coming up with BS stories, i contacted Scion. They were extremely helpful at first. The next day i had an appointment for a tech to come to my dealer and ride WITH me int he car to show him my issues. The day came and i dropped the car off real early. I told them.. I will be home call me when the tech arrives.

Never got a call. Went to pick up car and nothing was found wrong with the car. Till this day i have called the scion rep about 6 times and he has yet to return my phone call. No one will do anything. To make things worse they sent me a model Scion tc in the mail the other day with a letter apologizing.

I have checked with several of my mechanics and they all tell me its the Throw out bearing. Not sure what to do. Going back to the dealer today. Lets see what happenes.

How did that make things worse? They are trying to be nice (even if it is for the wind deflector).
Old 03-24-2006, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My Scion "Experience"

Originally Posted by THansenite

How did that make things worse? They are trying to be nice (even if it is for the wind deflector).

Beacuse they sent a letter with it pretty much saying " sorry we didnt fix your car, but heres a car model".
Thats like a slap in the face. They dont return my calls. Its not like i was all mean, i just want my car to work right.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

the jada toys tC you got in the mail was for the Wind Deflector, was unrelated to your issue you are having now.

i will be up in NJ, toms river area the weekend up the 8th-9th-10th(mon)
if nothing happens by then, i will meet up and contact who i can for you. see if that helps
Old 03-24-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionBandit
if you've contacted corportate, and they are coming out
they will have you ride with them..they usually do not test drive the cars without the customer going with the rep., its wasting the reps time..they have plenty of issues to deal with, since its only one person working the region

I did contact them. I had an appointment. I dropped it off at like 9 in the morning and told them to call me when they arrived. I never got a call. I have called back several times and he never answers his phone so i get a machine. I left a message everytime.
Not once has he called.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

you've contacted corporate, as in the regional rep??
or the manager at the dealer???

do you have name of the rep, manager, and the dealership??
Old 03-24-2006, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the jada toys tC you got in the mail was for the Wind Deflector, was unrelated to your issue you are having now.

if nothing happens by then, i will meet up and contact who i can for you. see if that helps
Thank you i really appreciate it. But the model car came with a letter and the letter prety much was like appologizing that they did not fix my car.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Thank you i really appreciate it. But the model car came with a letter and the letter prety much was like appologizing that they did not fix my car.
well thats just mean!
Old 03-24-2006, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the Rep's phone numer at home on a card. Its the regional rep. I think his name is Keaton or something like that. its been a while since i have called.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

I have the Rep's phone numer at home on a card. Its the regional rep. I think his name is Keaton or something like that. its been a while since i have called.
regional reps usually only hit each dealer once a month, but they do make special visits. have you called scion customer service as well??
that would open a case # and get the ball rolling a little bit quicker
Old 03-24-2006, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

regional reps usually only hit each dealer once a month, but they do make special visits. have you called scion customer service as well??
that would open a case # and get the ball rolling a little bit quicker

I have not tried that yet. But i was just thnking if they didn't do anything the first time why would they on the second time.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

from my exp. with the regional reps and Scion Customer Service
they get things done in a timely manner
i would call SCS and start there
Old 03-24-2006, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Iam probably going to go to my friends dealer today and see what he says and if that doesn't work then iam probably gonna call scion again. Maybe they will fix it this time.

Has anyone here had a simillar issue? As far as grinding of the gears from 1st to 2nd... or any thing wrong with there trans, as far as noises or anything like that.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

well good luck
Old 03-24-2006, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you everyone for your help. I will keep you guys updated.

Quick Reply: My Scion "Experience"