2005-2010 [ANT10]

MY TC IS CURSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![keying]

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member

Default My TC is cursed!!!!!!!!!!

OK, here's the rundown on my '05 Black Cherry TC:
1 week old - smashed into my friend's car
6 months -Lost keys in the lake and couldn't get a key made. Couldn't tow either.
8 months - drunken passenger incident scraped up the passenger side door
1 yr - hit a deer- minimal damage
1 yr, 2 weeks - hit a raccoon, did 3 X more damage than the deer
1 week after the animal damage was fixed...
today, I had a 2X4 fly up from the road after the car in front of me ran over it. It put a great big gouge down the driver's side door.
On top of all that, I have that damned rattle in the sunroof that the dealer can't seem to fix!
I had my last car (a '97 Cavalier) for 7 years and never did any body damage other than minor scratches. I'm convinced that my TC is cursed! I'm considering trading it in.

Can anyone share similar experiences?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks
Old 11-22-2005, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you're not alone, not even 24 hours i scratched it backing out. less than a month i had a stud take out the whole rim.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Got scratched from some ahole's door who did not care how far his door opened. cant wait to get the beater back on the road!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

We take measures to insure no dings and scratches are done to the TC when it's parked at the local walmart (g/f works there). I park that bad boy way out in the boonies where no other cars dare to park.

However, we have had our fair share of bad luck. Just recently our TC was totaled because some tard decided to pull in front of my girl while she was traveling through an intersection. That was the BCP TC. The next TC is going to be BSP.

PS...No need for me to carry a weapon in the vehicle. My hands and feet are deadly enough.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Its good ol murphys law for ya.

And as far as wondering what happened to people taking responsibility for what they do... well that flew out the window with suing mcd's cause your overweight, thinking the schools and tv should be responsible for your kids raising and drawing a government check because you are an alcoholic..... its a pu$$ies world these days to be quite frank about it. Dont expect to many to stand up for thier mess ups , it happens less each day.

too bad thier are so many a-holes out there.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

Someone has it out for your car I have not had anything like that happen to me ( Knock on wood )

H8RS
Old 11-22-2005, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Screw the swords pack like me 1911 45 with three 8 round clips. Oh Yeah! But I also carry two swords and two batons in case i need to arm my passengers. LOL
Old 11-22-2005, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Diluvium
usually the common weapon in your trunk is a metal baseball bat. when i had my old civic i use to keep a steak knife in the pocket of the drivers door and a scissor in the back seat cup holder. i didnt kept it there as a weapon, i just simply forget to take it out of the car. i never used those holders.... so i dont keep defensive weapons in my car.

as for guns, not everybody holds one. unless you live in a bad neighbor hood (ghettos or projects). plus keeping a gun in your car is worser than a metal baseball bat.

my brother does have a .45 handgun (very loud) with cop killer bullets (nickname for the bullets that shoots through bullet proof vests) under his drivers seat. i really dont know much about my brother and what he does.... he's not in a gang tho...

and matt, you must be a hater yourself because someone is hatin back... start takin safety procedures with your car for now on.
Those bullets are called armor piercing, alright now that you know that, those bullets are also outlawed for the public in most parts of the country too.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Parking is also very important... if you give another car no space they will key your car. Giving another car no space is like flicking them off I think. My friend even key other people's car when some park way too close to him to the point where he can't even get into his car.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ericvpellegrino
Originally Posted by Diluvium
usually the common weapon in your trunk is a metal baseball bat. when i had my old civic i use to keep a steak knife in the pocket of the drivers door and a scissor in the back seat cup holder. i didnt kept it there as a weapon, i just simply forget to take it out of the car. i never used those holders.... so i dont keep defensive weapons in my car.

as for guns, not everybody holds one. unless you live in a bad neighbor hood (ghettos or projects). plus keeping a gun in your car is worser than a metal baseball bat.

my brother does have a .45 handgun (very loud) with cop killer bullets (nickname for the bullets that shoots through bullet proof vests) under his drivers seat. i really dont know much about my brother and what he does.... he's not in a gang tho...

and matt, you must be a hater yourself because someone is hatin back... start takin safety procedures with your car for now on.
Those bullets are called armor piercing, alright now that you know that, those bullets are also outlawed for the public in most parts of the country too.

Actually, last I checked, they are illegal to make and SELL, not to own. There is a big difference. For example, it is illegal for a manufacturer to make and distribute a 19 or 21 round clip for a glock in the US.. but you can buy them used at gun shows all day long legally.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ It also depends on the type of bullets you refer to. For example, the teflon coated rounds dubbed "cop killers" were actually nothing of the sort. Teflon coating did NOTHING other than reduce wear on the gun barrel. It does not make it penetrate a vest. The ones that really caused the uproar were the talons, which had carbide "blades" imbedded in them. Those were outlawed, but the ones already on the market were sold, legally. Believe about 1% of what you hear in the media regarding firearms and the laws around them.

For example, opponents of the ban of "armour" piercing bullets were thought of as assinine and were beaten down in the press... however, the morons writing these stories fail to mention that most common rifle ammo will easilly penetrate a vest. It doesnt take some special round to do it. So the ban on "armour piercing ammo" could have easilly included a large amount of hunting ammunition that is used. This is why the NRA (yes, the NRA) helped to write a properly worded ban on the distribution of true armor peircing ammo for a hand gun. but i digress ...
Old 11-22-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Dont feel bad, 2 days after i got my tC, i noticed 2 tremendous key scratches. One of them on my hood, about a foot and a half long, and the other on my drivers side door, about 2 feet long. I was quoted 1400 to removes both scratches.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well ain that about a bizzach i hope my Tc is not cursed hope you cursed tc is binded from harm to all Tc owners
Old 11-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Banned
SL Member

I left the car in neutral at a parking lot and it rolled into some bushes lol....only one scratch
Old 11-22-2005, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow i thought i had bad luck with my car.. in the past year of owning. I have had my hood replaced, side of the car keyed than a day after that someone threw a garbage can at it. So finally a garge became available for rent. (i had on street parking) Soon after getting the garage i was pulling out of my driveway and someone who parked on the street backs into me with a truck.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member

3 weeks after i bought it, hit and run by a drunk driver in a parking lot. 7 months, someone keyed it
Old 12-06-2005, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Tuners

I tried to look take the average color, and location from everyone here that said they got their car keyed.

Most tC's were Silver & Flint Mica.. and were on the West Coast.

I just moved out of NJ and I'm in Upstate NY. Most people mind their business here and are usually happy with other people.

I hope once I get my tC, that no Honda S.O.B keys my car.