Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]
View Poll Results: Should I keep it or Trade it in???
Keep it
5.71%
Trade it in
94.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

my tC is a LEMON...dealership offered to TRADE IT IN

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think they should give you an equal car, 06 if they have any or an 07, for an even trade. One of my dads friends had a problem with a ford truck, three years later it was declared a lemon for an oil leak and Ford had to give him a brand new truck for free! no tax license, nothing. But the lemon law here in california is really good. i dont know about where you are, but check the lemon law. they might have to give you a new car.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This site may help you. Good luck.

http://lemonlaworegon.org/tips.html
Old 11-01-2006, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Danger_Darren
i think they should give you an equal car, 06 if they have any or an 07, for an even trade. One of my dads friends had a problem with a ford truck, three years later it was declared a lemon for an oil leak and Ford had to give him a brand new truck for free! no tax license, nothing. But the lemon law here in california is really good. i dont know about where you are, but check the lemon law. they might have to give you a new car.
He still got a Ford though; a Ford Dealership is like having an orchard full of lemons.

Try to get an even trade no BS.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member

I would say trade it in. It would save you a hell of a lot of time, money, and miles on your car.

I don't know how dealerships in the mainland work as far as financing goes, but here on Maui, we don't mark up on interest rates. We're customer friendly, otherwise I wouldn't be working for Scion.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRADE! I had a yellow VW Beetle, and you guessed it! It was a lemon, but VW would not work with me on it. Once I got out from deep upside down, I got out of that car and into an xB. I love the car, but what I love more it the fact that I ma not paying any more for a car that MIGHT work one day. It is amazing how much you enjoy a car when it doesn't die every other week.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought my car from Beaverton Toyota, and they did very little when I had rattle problems with my car. I'd suggest Toyota of Gladstone. I left my car there for 2 days and all the rattles were repaired. I forget the name of the service adviser, but it's a woman and I believe the only person who deals with Scions.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

#3 - Toyota is not greedy, its the dealerships.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if your car is a lemon. then you should use the law in your favor. it is so rare that we get to do that, right?

here is a site that you might find helpful.
http://www.doj.state.or.us/oregonians/lemonlaw.shtml

i am guessing you live in oregon.

i would take the deal the dealership is offering. that is just me. they should be able to fix it or make it right.

arbitration will get the problem solved.

good luck.

ps. you can always call toyota/scion customer care hotline...
1.866.70.SCION
Old 11-02-2006, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
So they want you to pay more money to trade in because they cant fix your car? With the list of issues you have, as long as you have all the shop tickets, one call to an attorney and you will probably have a new one with nothing out of pocket. I would tell them that they give me a new car, including tags, title and tax for mine straight across. If they dont like that, ask who your attorney should speak to, and I bet they change thier tune. I am not sure what your states lemon law looks like, but I would have to venture to say your car falls within it.
engifineer couldn't be any more right.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Shogun
#3 - Toyota is not greedy, its the dealerships.
Now that I think about it, if the dealer wants you to trade it in, chances are they will sell it to someone else. Think about it, the dealership would lose money if they take the car and not sell it just as used. It is Toyota, through lemonlaw, that would take the hit and you would get a new car, or at least a potion of a new car. If the dealership does a trade themselves, why would they trash a car? They would not take the few grand hit.

It smells like they just want another sale on a new tC and will sell this lemon to another person. Maybe find another dealership to work with.

Call Toyota/Scion. Its the best way. The dealership can not screw you and another person and you will get the money you deserve.