Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

My tC might be done for...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If no one was around and you inched out into the road and saw she was still speeding and not slowing down, wouldn't you back it up a little...considering no one was behind you? If she skidded for 40 feet, you would have seen/heard her approaching and in turn....moved you beloved tc out the way.

Dude i feel sorry for your loss...and I know I wasn't there but with only the 2 of you on the road in broad daylight and you seeing her speeding....it seems like a senseless accident to me.

As a new driver the best advice I can give is NOT to assume other people will follow the signs/laws and to always expect the unexpected. goodluck with your car....i don't think its totalled.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:02 AM
SL Member

well i didnt think she was gonna run the stop sign until it was too late... i honestly only had my hood taking up a fraction of a lane. if she drove straight she wouldnt have even hit me, i really wasnt out much. instead, she panicked and the skid marks showed she went towards my car rather than away.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aw man, sorry to hear that about ur new car. Hopefully things will get straigthened out and be sure make her pay for it, and i dont mean just the money for your car. She was uninsured so hopefully she can get that money from elsewhere, but this is definitely a lesson for her. Plus, did she just lie to the cop saying she was looking down and crying? Were you able to verify if this was true anyways?
Old 09-27-2008, 08:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck with car.
Never expect dumb drivers to follow signs and rules. You learn it the Hard way.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup you definitely learned the hard way. In the real world, you now learned that all those textbooks weren't correct. That stupid drivers don't obey the rules, like that utopia of driver's ed.

Next time you see that, throw it into reverse.. Or if you have to, run the stop sign! I'm serious, what's worse? A cop trying to give you a ticket for running a stop sign, or what happened?

Im sorry it happened, but you'll remember this for the rest of your driving life. hope they total the car, so you can get a nice shiny new one.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by TRed3123
what sucks is now im gonna have to be driving some grandma car too cuz my insurance is gonna go up even though it wasnt my fault at all. and about the talking vs. texting, id say texting is worse cuz ur looking at ur phone to read and stuff and not on the road.
EFF THAT MAN sue her for a new car (on her) and everything. she screwed you over big time dont stop at that man. SUE SUE SUE you have the right. dont let it end with insurance.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ahhhh now i see what you mean. she panics and steers towards you instead of away. Makes sense now. If it makes you feel better I honestly don't think your tc is totalled....just make sure when the insurance guy comes you tell him you want ALL OEM Toyota parts.....not the CAPA garbage they will try and get you to settle for. IF it were me and I was going thru her insurance i'd just take it to the dealer to make sure i get the Genuine parts. Good luck keep us updated
Old 09-27-2008, 07:34 PM
SL Member

yeah thats exactly what she did, ridiculous. so everyone saying SUE HER and ____- id love to! what do i do though? she is uninsured so my if my car is totalled, my insurance pays for the value of my car. but when they give me crap like $11k for my car, i cant turn around and go buy another tC! used are still way more than that! so those who suggested sueing her for a new car or whatever, what should i be doing?
Old 09-27-2008, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah thats exactly what she did, ridiculous. so everyone saying SUE HER and poop- id love to! what do i do though? she is uninsured so my if my car is totalled, my insurance pays for the value of my car. but when they give me crap like $11k for my car, i cant turn around and go buy another tC! used are still way more than that! so those who suggested sueing her for a new car or whatever, what should i be doing?
get a lawyer and sue her lol
Old 09-27-2008, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah thats exactly what she did, ridiculous. so everyone saying SUE HER and poop- id love to! what do i do though? she is uninsured so my if my car is totalled, my insurance pays for the value of my car. but when they give me crap like $11k for my car, i cant turn around and go buy another tC! used are still way more than that! so those who suggested sueing her for a new car or whatever, what should i be doing?
get a lawyer and sue her lol
Old 09-28-2008, 01:36 AM
SL Member

lol but im only 16!!! a lawyer!? and what would i sue her? would i win without witnesses or evidence? (unless we checked her cell records)
Old 09-28-2008, 02:17 AM
SL Member

If its not totalld take it to dealer, also you have injuries..... you got money commin to you, also did you get GAP insurance... that will pay off your loan if the insurance totals your car.
If your worried, open the phone book and you will find 20 pages of attournies, they will gladly set you up, most of em will talk to you for free. but with you being 16, im not sure how that will apply. But you cann allways call and ask.
and If you get a lawyer, your not suing the girl... your getting the money from your insurance company that you pay for when you have an accident.... then your insurance company can sue they girl that hit you.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
SL Member

alrighty. ill talk to the dad lol he said "we aren't sueing" and whatnot but well see what happens after the insurance decides on totaled or how much they give me
Old 09-28-2008, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you stopped at the stop sign and then you started to inch out and saw her a ways away and you knew she had a stop sign why didnt you just go through it? You legally had the right of way and probably would have made it past the intersection before she hit you if you didnt stop and look at her. Thats what I took from reading it. Maybe Im reading it wrong though.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

From what you have said and looking at the damage,the following would happen if it was me driving your car........

1. I am gonna get my insurance to fix my car as it looks like it is ok.........but that is for the mechanics to figure out.
2.Open phone book and find in the yellow pages an Attorney.......you said you r neck and back hurts......that is injury.......they air bags went off so you can substanciate this in court.
3.If she is uninsured take her to small claims court as well.......you will be driving a Jeep,and own everything she owns down to her shoes.
4.Police report is great evidense for you.......3 way stop you took your turn and someone ran astop sign......and hit you.....no real way to do anything about other driver not stoping.
5.Be sure to goto doctor,get checked out and do not put up with their your fine here is a Vicadan get high and no worries......see a chiropractor........

6. If your insurance is any good they are gonna at your request pull up cell phone records,they can ask for a blood test even as can a lawyer..........God help her

Been through this before myself except I ran the stop sign..........I hurt a person......only good part was I had insurance......but not enough to cover all the damage.......I got sued and lost badly.........this was before cell phones,but not before to many bong hits.........they came and got my property and auctioned it off...........sucked.....
Old 09-28-2008, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

That sux. Women drivers!! Dont get me started. Almost evry accident i have avoided is started by a female. Sorry but in my experience they cant drive.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i got hit by some guy looking down in his passenger seat (texting prbly)

dialogue after the accident::

Him: you came out of now where!
me: you were looking down in your passenger seat!
him: Oh... yeah.

stupid redneck.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its all about your insirance compana, chances are they wont total the car, ther didnt total mine ^^^ it was only 7 months old whne i got into that accident, and dont worry about going after the lady insurance companies love going after ppl for there money back, so after they take care of your car they more than likely will go after the at fault driver to collect on damagaes
Old 09-29-2008, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ACiDTc

its all about your insirance compana, chances are they wont total the car, ther didnt total mine ^^^ it was only 7 months old whne i got into that accident, and dont worry about going after the lady insurance companies love going after ppl for there money back, so after they take care of your car they more than likely will go after the at fault driver to collect on damagaes
your car is bleeding!

lol sry prbly not a good joke.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man that sucks sorry to hear that man but being in the insurance business your insurance premium shouldnt go up because it wasnt your fault and if it does then ur insurance company sucks . but hope everything goes well.

Quick Reply: My tC might be done for...