Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

My tC might be done for...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah our pink coolent looks like blood, silver correct me if im wrong, but the insurance company dont care if the at fault party dont have insurance, they jsut want ther mony back after they take care of the repairs from the accident...on the victams car

oh and if the OP gets a letter in the mail to attend court dont skip out on it, had a friend miss there court date of an accident , and the court through the ticket out and insurance company came back and asked the inosent party to pay them back for the damages..again correct me if im wrong
Old 09-29-2008, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well nowadays anything can happen but just from experiences ive had a couple of old clients that got into n accident not being their fault their premium stayed the same. even with new clients accidents not their fault would not count against them.

And about your frend if it wasnt ur frends fault the insurance should go after the other party if any thats what theyre suppose to do.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know here in kansas your insurance will cover your damages, and being that its a brand new car you will probably only have to pay the deductable and get another new car since it really hasnt had time to loos value other then driving it off the lot lol... here in town my parents are really good friends with a ford dealership and i got all my damages replaced for like 500 (5000-7000 worth of damage) you will be fine, if anything take her to court and they will have to pay one way or another, but it would be cheaper to just pay the deductable as if it were a hit and run type of deal
Old 09-29-2008, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah paying the deductible is cheaper but y do that when theres another party to blame thats what insurance is about is to get you back to your pre accident condition. I wouldnt want to pay a deductible if i have someone to blame.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they don't have insurance and would need to go to court to get his money, unless you can get a deal that they pay for all legal fee's but I'm not sure how any of that works
Old 09-29-2008, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats y u get an attorney hehe and have him get the money for you but yeah it does suck tho when the other party doesnt have insurance.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow did she get arrested for that? she must have broken at least 3 laws....

its called the Hands-Free law that means u have to have your hands free....my friend got pulled over for eating ice cream but got away with a warning....

wat kind of insurance do u have?
mine pays for everything even if they dont have insurance. i hate AAA though...
overpriced.

looks like theres some engine damage. your going to get a new one?
Old 10-01-2008, 02:26 AM
SL Member

found out today she is deff totaled its such a sad day.. but theyre giving me $13,500 for it and i only paid $12,300 for the car, so thats not too bad. id rather still have my car, but nothing i can do now.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

OUCH... maybe you can use it in a destruction derby... that sucks sorry bro
Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 PM
SL Member

yeah well they towed it up to NH to a salvage yard because that is where the insurance company is based. i would have bought the rims off it but now idk where the car is. i actually paid 12,500 for the car with 49k on it and window tint already on it (they threw in the rims with it)... theyre giving me $13,500 and now im looking to buy a new car. my insurance is gonna skyrocket insanely, which is ridiculous because it wasnt my fault. but now it is going to and the girl isnt paying a cent or anything at all. i wont be able to afford another tC because the deal i got on mine was insane and i can never find any tC's for my price. so my parents want me to get a car with side airbags (since mine might have been the reason i lived) and it will prob have to be a sedan because of my insurance but im not sure about that because i love coupes. UNLESS SOMEONE WANTS TO SELL THEIR tC TO ME!!! however if i have to get a sedan im alright with that... any suggestions??? (under 13,500 w/ side airbags and something ill really like as much as i LOVED my tC)