2005-2010 [ANT10]

My tC with TRD short shocks & springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My tC with TRD short shocks & springs

here is my pics, i will have more later on. My friend haven't give me back the CD for the picture we take last friday night and Atco NJ race show.

Old 08-31-2004, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what'd you do to your wheels?
Old 08-31-2004, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those rims aren't photogenic, but I imagine they look much better in real life.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those rims aren't photogenic, but I imagine they look much better in real life.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

custom paint the wheel, Flat black just like headlight color.
While we doing springs and shocks, we just do the wheels too. Yes it look much better in person, little mod that change the car look totally different.
Cost $? not much under $20bucks.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

... but why :?:
Old 08-31-2004, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why? it feel different then stock. Since there is no good rim out there yet 18x8 or 18x8.5 5/100 35
so i just stay with stock mod rim only $20bucks.

Originally Posted by PunkInDrublic
Old 08-31-2004, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hows the ride with those shocks?

is it worth buying or should i just wait and save a lil more money and get something better?!
Old 08-31-2004, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by calvinwch
why? it feel different then stock. Since there is no good rim out there yet 18x8 or 18x8.5 5/100 35

Gotcha, but one question for you. My SSM should be coming in to the dealer in a week or two, and I was wondering what kind of rims would go nice with it, at least color wise.

I'm a fan of the brushed aluminum look but i'm afraid it'll be too much with the silver on silver. My second choice would be gunmetal with a brushed/polish lip, but again I don't know how that'll look. What are your plans when more rims are available in those sizes?
Old 08-31-2004, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Gotcha, but one question for you. My SSM should be coming in to the dealer in a week or two, and I was wondering what kind of rims would go nice with it, at least color wise.

I'm a fan of the brushed aluminum look but i'm afraid it'll be too much with the silver on silver. My second choice would be gunmetal with a brushed/polish lip, but again I don't know how that'll look. What are your plans when more rims are available in those sizes?
Old 08-31-2004, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is must have if you want lower the car, totally different feel then stock. Better turn on corner and fast response. little bumpy, i you do the spring it is bumpy anywhy.

Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
hows the ride with those shocks?

is it worth buying or should i just wait and save a lil more money and get something better?!
Old 08-31-2004, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you car is sliver, rim can be match with Black or gunmetal/bronze/gold. This colors are look good on sliver, chrome or sliver is just too old to match up the sliver color car.

I'm waiting, if they don't come out with that size. I'll go custom made one.
18x8 or 18.8.5 with 35 or 33/32 offset, this size will bring the wheel more close to the body.

and once again, sliver on sliver is good but too old. Just not the styles this day for me.

Old 08-31-2004, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually like the black wheels. However, I am still disgusted for two reasons:

1) You just destroyed a brand new set of 17" tC alloys. If you wanted black 17s in that style, you could have sold your stock wheels and bought other ones and probably come out ahead on the deal. I expect home-painted wheels on a 10 year old Civic, not a brand new tC.

2) The paint will not stay. Unless you used an etching primer and really good paint (and maybe some kind of clearcoat) that paint will wear off relatively quickly. If you had gone to the trouble of having the wheels powder-coated black I could respect that, but the black rattle-can paint is just straight up ghetto.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member

new rims, my 2 cents

kaeon rocks my life.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member

i woulda went with superwhite rims if i was u
Old 08-31-2004, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for liking the color.
answer your reasons
1. By doing it, yes it is no longer will changing it back. The rim will get damage if you drive on the road anyway. Well i do make it look different, alot people in race track love what we have done. Well it is my rim, i don't mind it get damage or ... what ever, why you disgusted for something not own by you?

2. After finished the wheel, i have drove over 500miles + also over 5 hours drive Sunday night coming back home.
Picture i toke is Monday morning, still good.
Me & my friend know what we doing, sand it, primer 2 layer, then black paint(good paint as always). Reason i don't using clearcoat, it will become one of those chrome/sliver look again.
Flat black look good as headlight color, we pick it as flat black and i like it. If you clearcoat it, later on you scratch it(99% it will happen) it will be harder to fix it.( i belive even you keep it stock, you get scratch anyway, unless you don't drive just park the car in garage)

Originally Posted by JasonH
I actually like the black wheels. However, I am still disgusted for two reasons:

1) You just destroyed a brand new set of 17" tC alloys. If you wanted black 17s in that style, you could have sold your stock wheels and bought other ones and probably come out ahead on the deal. I expect home-painted wheels on a 10 year old Civic, not a brand new tC.

2) The paint will not stay. Unless you used an etching primer and really good paint (and maybe some kind of clearcoat) that paint will wear off relatively quickly. If you had gone to the trouble of having the wheels powder-coated black I could respect that, but the black rattle-can paint is just straight up ghetto.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

color picking is hard, and every one have they own like.

white is good, but just not my type on sliver tc. I will get gold/gunmetal/bronze later on when the rim is available, so as now flat black good enough for me.

Originally Posted by tChamp
i woulda went with superwhite rims if i was u
Old 08-31-2004, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The color looks cool...i wish they were bigger...like my 19" wheels :D
Old 08-31-2004, 05:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

plenty of great looking wheels out there! I would recommend you keep looking....those black scion rims look in my opinion funky..
Old 08-31-2004, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yap, it is hard to pick your size and color with it. 19" is good, what is your offset? 32/33 or 35? if you lower your car, 19 i belive should be 32/33 is the best.
BTW is it 19x7, 19x7.5, 19.8 or other?

It is hard for the 5x100 size, not many good looking out there yet.
i lower my car like 1.5", rim size to go with (18 for me)18x8 or 18.8.5 with 5x100 35 or 32/33.
If you see good rim for this size let me know(post link), i'll check it out. I already have in my mind for Volks brand, but the one i like don't have the size
worst thing come, i'll just custom order from Volk. Spend little more to get good rim.

forgot what model is it, but somthing like this.

Quick Reply: My tC with TRD short shocks & springs