Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Nearly Paid off RS3.0 or VW R32????

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
Lately I've been looking into the 335i coupe 6 spd manual I-6 TT. Love them!
Love the problems that BMW can't solve with the high pressure fuel pumps too?

IMO I would skip out on the R32 if your looking for a performance car. Honestly you can dump a crap ton of money and the car still isn't amazingly fast. You'd almost be better off putting your money into a subaru or Evo unless your looking for an upscale interior.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely an upscale interior. I'm tired of rattle boxes. I don't need amazing speed like an STI, but more than a stock tC lol.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I found your new car

New Car
Old 05-30-2011, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As much as I like Audi, I hate the look of most of them. That one included. Besides, it's the worst color ever, those wheels are hideous, and it has too many miles.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's your budget just out of curiosity. There's the A3 quattro from 06 with sportronic(DSG) that are getting in the same range as the r32's. Hell you may even be able to pickup a decent a4 in that range as well. Also I don't blame you on wanting to move to something nicer. My wife says she wishes she would have listened to me when I told her to look at vw's over her tc. Still ended up with the tc and i'm more than happy, but i'm happier with my vw now.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

As much as I like Audi, I hate the look of most of them. That one included. Besides, it's the worst color ever, those wheels are hideous, and it has too many miles.

go with the R32..
Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Budget is close to 25k. What problems were coming up with the I-6 TT Bimmer motors?
Old 06-02-2011, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Budget is close to 25k. What problems were coming up with the I-6 TT Bimmer motors?
There has been several recalls due to high pressure fuel pumps going out on the 335I's. It's been so frequent that bmw has actually raised the warranty coverage to 10 years 120,000 miles on it. Honestly car isn't bad, but with the high cost of maintenance plus the high pressure fuel pump issues that this car seems to have. I just wouldn't be into it myself.

Far as your budget there's your right in a nice range for a used a3 with dsg and quattro. nice upscale interior and extra power your scion doesn't have. Your also in the b7 a4 range and possibly at the lower end of the b8 a4 range too. Also don't forget some of your mercedes are also in the range your looking at.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soooo, after driving all over the place and getting the keys to anything I could think of except a mazdaspeed 3 because they didn't have any in stock. I'm REALLY leaning towards my roots as a gearhead and thinking of going with a 2011-2012 Mustang GT. I drove it today last after everything from the R32, GTI, 335i, Genesis Coupe 6 and 4 cyl, and for the price, it's awesome! I loooooove torque. Additionally, it doesn't fall on its face in the top end. Clutch engagement was great and I felt right at home as soon as I sat in it. No new car awkwardness. GOD do I miss my V8's! It's only right to put more Americans to work right? lol flame on guys
Old 06-04-2011, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soooo, after driving all over the place and getting the keys to anything I could think of except a mazdaspeed 3 because they didn't have any in stock. I'm REALLY leaning towards my roots as a gearhead and thinking of going with a 2011-2012 Mustang GT. I drove it today last after everything from the R32, GTI, 335i, Genesis Coupe 6 and 4 cyl, and for the price, it's awesome! I loooooove torque. Additionally, it doesn't fall on its face in the top end. Clutch engagement was great and I felt right at home as soon as I sat in it. No new car awkwardness. GOD do I miss my V8's! It's only right to put more Americans to work right? lol flame on guys
The new mustang is an incredible value for what it really is. Just remember not to skimp out on the brembo package and get the proper gearing for what your wanting to do. There is one catch to this though and at this point it's still a potential massive recall waiting to happen. Apparently there has been lots of problems with the manual transmission of the 2011 models and probably into the 2012 models as well. I guess where they manufacture the parts in a place in china skimped out and has caused many headaches with owners. Search youtube there's a video of one guy who only has 2 and 4th gear on his brand new mustang with less than 5,000 on the clock and it's been in like three times. Other than this though the car is very solid and a very fun machine. Guys at the track are putting down solid times on them and stock you should be in the 12's range from what I understand.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah Ford really stepped there game up with the new mustangs. We got one in on trade a few weeks ago and its pretty bad, except it was auto:/...IMO the MS3s arent all that great. idk why, but i like the older ones much better.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the info. I'm looking to get into one within a year since it's substantially more money than my other previous options. I'll probably get a CPO instead of new since the warranty is longer and the cost is lower Besides, inventory right now is sooo slim. The Brembo package is only like 1600 more or something. It's a must!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the info. I'm looking to get into one within a year since it's substantially more money than my other previous options. I'll probably get a CPO instead of new since the warranty is longer and the cost is lower Besides, inventory right now is sooo slim. The Brembo package is only like 1600 more or something. It's a must!
Not sure how the qty is in your area, but honestly I dont see a cpo being all that much cheaper. I could be wrong though just make sure you slap a warranty on that sucker and be ready for the gas prices just in case, because if your like any enthusiast your going to realize that mustang is thirsty and car payments and thirst go hand in hand
Old 06-04-2011, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is exhaust sound so appealing that you would buy a car for it?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TTCCC
Is exhaust sound so appealing that you would buy a car for it?
1. I can tell you've never touched a 2011 gt mustang
2. Yes the exhaust sound on a mustang is nothing short of magical, espeically when upgraded
3. ...
Old 06-04-2011, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can make an exhaust note with my stereo. Hell, I've got enough speakers and amps to make it sound real but it's what is behind the note that matters and if 430+ hp bone stock isn't enough reason, I don't know what is. In regards to the R32 exhaust note, it's equally as sexy but in a different category. Besides, 250 hp and AWD in a GTI body is no slacker either.

I'll just plan on keeping my car for another year until Ford figures out the tranny issue and I save up some money for a down payment.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

430hp stock is nice lol...but hey bro who knows, in a year you might fine something else that catches your eye.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blk07tC
430hp stock is nice lol...but hey bro who knows, in a year you might fine something else that catches your eye.
Like a kid in a candy store that drank 3 energy drinks and has ADHD lol. I do this to myself all the time but I can wait a year.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can make an exhaust note with my stereo. Hell, I've got enough speakers and amps to make it sound real but it's what is behind the note that matters and if 430+ hp bone stock isn't enough reason, I don't know what is. In regards to the R32 exhaust note, it's equally as sexy but in a different category. Besides, 250 hp and AWD in a GTI body is no slacker either.

I'll just plan on keeping my car for another year until Ford figures out the tranny issue and I save up some money for a down payment.
hopefully after this year or soon they will start switching production to an American plant here for this part of the transmission. This should help to alleviate quality control issues that are happening from this other factory as well as make the problem disappear.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Indeed. The more things made in the US, the better.

Quick Reply: Nearly Paid off RS3.0 or VW R32????