Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Is this yours?

Originally Posted by GerryWhite
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Man I know my curse worked on those TC's!

Now know as Cybergypsy Curse!
Is this CyberGypsy's **** business in Ft Lauderdale? Just curious...

Cybergypsy Internet Marketing, Inc
2545 East Sunrise Boulevard 168
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Tel: (954) 814-6639

Let us know...

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-29-2004, 06:09 AM
Bel
5 Year Member

i bought my tC and 3 days later my wheels were stolen..car on bricks and pics to prove =(
Old 08-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Banned
SL Member

gee i don't know maybe you little boy's should call it and breath heavy........you keep me laughing..Kids
Old 08-29-2004, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

gee i don't know maybe you little boy's should call it and breath heavy........you keep me laughing..Kids
No need for that... I'd be too afraid of hearing your tired, pathetic voice on the other end... Now THERE's a scary picture!

Have a great week, CG!

Your friend,
Gerry
Old 08-29-2004, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or maybe we can breathE heavy. With an E.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member

This better not happen to me!!!!
Old 08-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Banned
SL Member

i think you boys have way too much time to kill so go put a few stickers on your TC.....LOL
Old 08-29-2004, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member

Default new car curse

Other then the dings from shopping carts and people not knowing how to open their car door without hitting my car, so far so good (crossing my fingers).
Old 08-30-2004, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Ive been hit...

But first some background on other happenstances.

My parents Excursion was stolen from their driveway after having it about 7 months. The vehicle was warming up and everyone was in and out of it. Some kids jumped into it after one of my brothers went back into the house. Vehicle was recovered in a field, kids where never found. Video shows they were around 16-22,

My mother's brand new lincoln was backed into by an SUV. She had it about 2 months. Destroyed the passenger door, window and mirror. The SUV split but came back 30 minutes later because she new about 6 people watched her do it.

My GF had her RSX for about 3 weeks before someone hit it pulling into/backing out of a parking spot at the local mall. about 12 inches wide and 18 inches tall of scratched paint, down to the primer/body.

And now for me. My GF got into my car this morning and noticed it. Someone hit it going into/out of a parking spot. About 15-20 streaks of white/brown paint in an oval shape on my passenger door. The center wasn't touched. After cleaning it with water I applied some Meguiars scratch removal on it. It helped clean up what was left of paint and what-not. You can't see the damage from afar but if you know about it - which I do - then you can see it. It sucks. It didnt remove the paint but you can still see the scratches and scuffs on the top coat.

Any suggestions on what to use to try and make it any better? Should I use a touch-up pen matching my color - Silver Streak Mica - or should I go with the clear coat pen? Like I said, its not down to the body and it doesn't look like any paint is really missing, its just scratched and scuffed, and its not too bad. I've never had to deal with this before so forgive my naiveness.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^
If it's not through the paint you might be able to power-buff the remaining marks out. Or see if a detail shop can do it.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only curse I'm having is people parking next to my car...I mean you wouldn't believe the time I spend/waste in parking lots finding a space that is WAY out the way and hella far from - campus, supermarket, mall, clubs, etc.. - Anyway doesn't matter - some _______ always decides to park right next to my new car. I have made peace however and come to the decision that the day I get back to my ride and I see a any scratch or dent - the car parked next to mine is getting F@$KED UP - I don't even care if it's not there fault...just apart of the game.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, thanks a lot! I read this thread and got jinxed! My friend and I went out Saturday night and she opens my car door like an idiot and totally hits the huge truck next to us! A nice chip of paint is right out of my door! I am soooo mad! I know it could be way worse reading these stories but seriously, I was trying to hard to keep it flawless for a while! GRRRR!

Anyway, I was looking at a few touch up pens online but I've read that I would need the following products: primer, basecoat pen, clearcoat pen, and rubbing/buffing compound. Does this sound right? I wasn't sure if I needed all that or not and plus, is it something I could do myself? It is a small chip gone, maybe about a quarter inch long, and not too deep, but definitely way past the paint layer.

Please let me know what you think I should do. Thanks a bunch!

---- sooooo annoyed

Oh yeah and I forgot to add: all she said was OOPS! I didn't even see it until the next day!
Old 08-31-2004, 02:04 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A month and a half into owning my xA, and someone at work backed into it, scratched the bumper and left a square shaped indentation. I checked all the security cameras, but the bastards got lucky and didnt get taped (the cameras rotate to pan the parking lot.)

A few weeks ago i was driving late at night and exhausted and backed my car very lightly against a brick wall... leaving a nice scrap in the rear passenger-side wheel well. Its fixable though... just some new paint and she'll be fine.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

a friend told me to have my car washed with holy water. and a woman from work told me to have a priest bless my car. and a someone else told me to get a rosary and put in my car. my mother says say a pray and go.... any more cures :oops:
Old 09-11-2004, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My family is pretty religious and when my car comes in from the port, we're going to have it blessed by a priest, and my grandmother already gave me a rosary for it.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got you all beat, i've had my black sand pearl 5 speed decked out tc for just over three weeks and I have already got 4 large scratches from 2 people with a keying frenzy, 2 door ding scratches, and to sum it up tonight I just caught a nail in one of my wheels and it feels like at least one of the others caught one as well. THE CURSE IS REAL ALWAYS CARRY YOUR HOLY WATER!!!!!!! -Matt
Old 10-02-2004, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, I was really hoping to get to at least 2 weeks of ownership without incident--particularly since I don't even drive much during the week. No such luck. Headed out this morning, I walked down my street to put some things in the car for a planned post boring seminar car wash. To my horror, I see that some anonymous loser has put a rather substantial dent in the corner of my rear bumper. Either someone who didn't have the patience to, oh, you know, wait until you can clearly get out of the parking space before tearing out when parallel parked, or some idiot who crashed into it trying to get around the double parkers. I have no idea if I'll need the whole bumper replaced, or if it can be popped out, but I called the collision center at my dealer, and they mentioned that there were currently 3 other poeple awaiting new bumpers, that there weren't any in the country, and that it would be at least a month before there would be any. Oddly, the paint doesn't seem really damaged given the size of the dent. Of course, I haven't seen what's under all the other car's white paint yet. So annoyed. Oh well. There are certainly worse things in life, and I know it can be fixed and all, but come on.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc4tee
a friend told me to have my car washed with holy water. and a woman from work told me to have a priest bless my car. and a someone else told me to get a rosary and put in my car. my mother says say a pray and go.... any more cures :oops:
Hello! Get a remote alarm!
Old 10-03-2004, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bs
Old 10-03-2004, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

wtf... the curse is real..
i just hit a curb the other day.