NEW ENGINE!!!! This is a MUST read, lolz

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should make a 500hp xB, now that would be something
Old 06-17-2007, 04:19 PM

Yea guys thats true but i just raced a celica gt the other day that had the VVT-LI and it was ____en nice. It is made for higher RPMS.... I duno. I like the idea with the 3rd gen cam engine but i dont know how the weight diff will make. It might be good cause once you start getting more HP, the car tends to sit and spin so maybe more front end weight and some slicks would do the job. But on the other hand it could become a sled with all that weight and im not 2 sure about all that. Like i said, I LOVE my Tc. I figured building it would be nice but ive never truely seen or heard vitals for a fully built turbo one but the one they had at 1320 in haggerstown was pushin 300 and joe said it could push more but spun 2much. he said at 300 the tc was ***** fast. Its sorta like my friend randys del sol. Normally, not 2 fast but turbod with like under 200 hp, he was runnin low 12s i think. Maybe ill keep the engine, change the tranny to a 6 speed, and try 2 drop a VVT-LI?? I dont know but i live in a small town and run around with some bad ___ cars, ive gotta do something. lolz. The other day i got my ___ kicked racing a little hatchback!! The guy was supposably running a 1.4 l single cam but it def didnt sound like it. He was sunning a k20 motor and had the unessentials gutted out...so....yeah. lolz. We lined em up...Had a GREAT start, and i thought it was done then, i mean motor against motor, i pulled away, then the k20 kicked in and he flew past me like he was pushin nos in it..... lol?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow. i'm sorry. but this guy is a idiot.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol, well said

I say sell the TC and just get a celica if u'r so in love with Lift.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you really want some crazy high RPM power, get a VTEC. Cheaper and more build-able.

If you want this kind of stuff in a tC? Then you have to pay the price and have the guts to do it. If so? Go for it, I'd love to see you try and succeed.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:56 PM

Im sorry but if im an idiot ...then im an idiot but im only trying, If my facts are wrong. Sorry....live with it. im just trying to get ideas on what to do. But why be an internet tough guy, come down to chambersburg. how far is falkner? um... not 2 far.... SO if u dont plan on coming down, or atleast giving me some positive feed back STFU! thanx
Old 06-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Look, i love my car....Money....I can spend... Now..positive people...positive....???
Old 06-17-2007, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if u gonna do a 6 speed tranny swap, then let us all know cause so far it hasn't been done yet. closest thing i've heard was that ZPI claimed to be developing a 6 speed w/ LSD, but yea...nothing yet.

i've read a lot of talk about swapping in a 3S-GE, but haven't seen any results for it.

or if u wait, toyota is supposed to release motors with their new technology, "Valvematic", later this year. first motor available with this will most likely be a 2.0 liter for the new Corolla. maybe it'll make its way to the tC IF it's redesigned next year.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by tuffCookie

i've read a lot of talk about swapping in a 3S-GE, but haven't seen any results for it.
the 3sge is a good motor however there are not enough mods readily available without having to make custom ones out there to turn the motor into a beast. I know this guy loves his car car. I personally think you should consider another car with a different platform that can do what you want to do. I love my mr2 to death. I have parts in my garage, room, and closet but i realized it isn't the most practical or comfortable car which is why im keeping it but using it for leisure purposes not for everyday use. I want a car thats more comfortable, newer, and has more space which is why im getting a tc but speed isn't the reason why i want a tc. my mr2 already has 350whp its faster than i need it to be. you might want to consider a 3sgte motor if your mind is set on another motor. its been put in the newer mr-s, the topsecret supra has the 3sgte and a an s15 has the motor making 700hp.. just my two cents
Old 06-17-2007, 07:15 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

How deep are your pockets on this build?
Old 06-17-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chrischoi
wow. i'm sorry. but this guy is a idiot.
Well what do you know, Chris has blessed yet another thread with his positive input.

Chris, you calling someone else an idiot is like the pot calling the kettle black. If you have nothing positive to say than to put someone else down for seeking feedback about an idea, walk over to the nearest corner stand with your nose in it and I will get a 5 lb bag of flour and slap you with it until you learn to respect others and finally STFU.

Carry on.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:52 PM

hell yea...finally...some sense. lolz. I really appreciate the input guys. Like i said, i love my car. im trying to get it on a nother level. Maybe my mistakes or advances will help out other people. Personally, the TC is fauking AWESOME!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC is slow
Old 06-17-2007, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member

Dude you don't need a turbo, swap, or Pimp My Ride to make your tC "walk" Evo's.

You only need like 4 or 5 of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HORSEPOWER-PERFO...QQcmdZViewItem

Thankfully there are plenty on eBay. Now that I've let you in on my secret, you better get these before someone else swipes them.

Disclaimer: Please don't buy these. NOS stickers will make your car faster than these pieces of trash.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, with all the money you would need to do with these swaps you would be better buying a tacoma and dropping in a 2jz. It has been done plenty of times and if much faster than the tc can be.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol @ the OP!

chris rado's 7 second drag race car does not run a 2az-fe engine.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:21 PM

Default wow..

what a bunch of CRAP... first off.. never i mean NEVER !! let anyone tell you what you can and cant do. ....

Next. fastest import car in the world runs low 5's and if you count 2jz rail cars run 4's.. so moving on.

Celica 2zz.... since the moment you over rev once you pop the motor. and 03 ecu's have the rev limit way to high so good thing is that you shift and stay in lift, bad side, you miss a shift and your F$U%C$K#ED....and a lot of people don't know about the 3ZZ( secrets secrets) okay here we go. 1zz block bored out slap on the 2zz head and your done. 2.0 3zz with tq and hp NA..... great NA motor. keep away from boost..

your tc motor 2az is great.... no porting needed but a good polishing would do good for you.. next.. get your ___ a turbo kit, you can make 500hp. a good clutch, and then get soem sticky ___ tires.

as far as racing evo's and sti's. i had my evo and going from a dig you do not want to do unless you got a transbraking 1000hp mustang with slicks out back and you pull wheelie's.... the evo will outlaunch anything put up against it... it's BASIC>> 4wd will launch out the hole with an assload more foce since all of it's power is put to the floor.. just look at the 60ft times and you'll see the proof is in the pudding. i mean i had a tilton twin disc and i launched my ____ at 7600 rpm! for a stock motor with a flash i programed in, i ran 12.32. only cuz i got a NASTY launch

put the money where you need it.

get yourself a turbo. dont meddle with a swap. and enjoy your ride.
stock tc motor turbo kit, tuning( most important thing)!!! good clutch and great tires. you'll be set. and just be smart about it..
Old 11-26-2007, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SilverBaron
Yeah...But I am TC ALL THE WAY
THats kind of sad............... I dont blame anyone for loving the tC, but a person/owner has to realize that there are far better cars out there. Just look at the amount of ppl that trade in their tC!
OK, so you have a 300+WHP tC, thats just great! Then you think about maybe competing with the WRX Sti/350Z/Evo in some turns, more $$, plus FWD wont help ya there, not even LSD. Then there is maintaining the car at this level, plus maybe DD? Hmm.....
Sometimes it's not about being pessimistic, it's about being real. tC is just not that good of platform if you want speed.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow...just wow...
Old 11-26-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think a donk is the kind of ride that matches more of your automotive thought process

Quick Reply: NEW ENGINE!!!! This is a MUST read, lolz