Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

newbie saying howdy, many mods planned:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default newbie saying howdy, many mods planned:)

My son and I just picked up our tC three weeks ago, not much progress yet as still in the plannng stages but have some fun times ahead

-Turbo, clutch, LDS, motor mounts, exhaust( will build everything we can ourselves)
-Carputer, touch screen, big HDDs, wifi, voice nav, hopefully engine managment on the sytem as well.
-Enkei RPF1's in 17x8 on the way, still deciding tires, swaped the stock tires to Kumho ASX for daily drivers, may go with V700s for fun tires on the new wheels like we had on our turbo Matrix
-Coilovers, bars, etc, planned as well
-Very high end competition audio system, many custom parts will be used.
-CF roof if one becomes available
-Seats, etc, to take advantage of engine and suspension, tire and wheel mods.
-Intended use, autox, drag race, road courses on track days and auto sound competition.

So far we reshaped the rear cargo floor to accomodate a 15" Arc Audio sub and three of their amps, total weight gain with loss of heavy muffler and spare tire is only 10 lbs.

Custom short shifter, by us, 48mm left to right and 62mm for and aft throws, may shorten that up just a bit more.

Probably will ditch the airbags and install a Momo Race steering wheel, my favorite all time wheel.

We have a blue car so may do all the lighting in blue leds, etc,

Exterior is going to be very subtle, a real sleeper in sheeps clothing

Rick
Old 03-31-2005, 05:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like a great plan. Don't forget to post pics and info of your mods. So how old is your son? My son (13yr.old) is anxiously waiting for the Greddy turbo to come out and is helping to install our dvd system which should be done by the weekend. He's already helped me install the exhaust, short shifter, and wind splitter.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow...quite serious plans there Rick. Knowing what you have done to your Matrix, I am pretty sure that the TC is going to be off the hook.
I am currently waiting for my Stage 2 Scionspeed turbo setup as well but I will need LSD in the future; let me know when you are going to do it. I'll most likely get mine at the same time :D
Old 03-31-2005, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My son is just about to turn 18 but only spend the summers with me the last 9 years or so, we did alot together but not enough. His mother is a good woman but just did not see how mature and ready to move on with his life he is, why he is now with me and soon we will incorporate and he will be a part owner in the business, our business It is really cool that you involve your son, empower him as much as y ou can, will build his self esteem and confindence, will be a good leader in his time.

Installing an LSD is a pain in the **** but it is needed if you have any real power, could use it stock already!!!! I highly recommend the Phantom Grip, do not let the low price fool you, I have had great success with their products and the customer support is top notch, really cool people. Anyone call them say Rick McCallum recommended you, my Matrix shows up ramdomly on thier site John and Janice are are really great people.

It was cool tonight to talk to Pete, he has some great toys and to find our he has a tC, I knew all along he had some serious class, he will have a really great audio comp system running soon, we may end up fighting it out in the lanes, lol!

Remember, have fun, be cool to others, take care of those you should, live life now, fully and share your joys with others as much as you can.

Rick
Old 03-31-2005, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by raamaudio
Remember, have fun, be cool to others, take care of those you should, live life now, fully and share your joys with others as much as you can.

Rick
Good advice, hope you and your son have fun together with your new tC.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats! can't wait to see pics of the work in progress.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Rick, glad to see you on SL!
Old 04-12-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

nice way to spend 15 grand but I will be right there with you just getting a supercharger instead and a custom system instead of carputer and springs/koni shocks instead of coilovers b/c its a daily driver and I dont want to deal with them...