Old 11-29-2006, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ucyib2papi
:-(
ill miss u.
hopefully we'll still c u around.
oh and sweet post on the tree huggers that posted b4 u.
wah wah wah
dont u love the fox news channel!?!?
Haha. thanks Alex, ill miss you all too! I wish I would have made it out to more events. Who knows, maybe ill search around at streets during the summer to see if you all are there.

As for the tree huggers, they are everywhere and are generally uneducated. All they know is what is written on thier sierra club postcards.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey doug congrats and best of luck to you in the future..i sent you a pm with a question
Old 11-29-2006, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Harmonic_tC
As for the tree huggers, they are everywhere and are generally uneducated. All they know is what is written on thier sierra club postcards.
Sorry you felt the need to get so defensive. I was merely stating an opinion. You can honestly say with a straight face that every single Hummer H2, Expedition, F-250, F-350, etc etc etc is sold to people that actually need them? Look at the average efficiency, size, weight and engine size of cars sold in Europe compared to here. Do Americans somehow have this drastically different lifestyle that demands these gigantic vehicles? Of course not.

You can spin it anyway you want, nearly $3/gallon for gas and an increase in gas prices of around 200% over the past few years is pretty much the definition of an energy crisis. The general cost of goods and services in that time frame has gone up about 4-5%. And yes, the fact that China's demand has gone way up is a very valid reason. Does that somehow make it ok to be wasteful with it? "my Hummer gets 8 mpg, but hey, the Chinese are doing it too!"

If there's no energy crisis, then why are car companies putting so much effort into alternative energy sources? Did Toyota release the Prius for the hell of it? Again, of course not.

As for being uneducated, it's spelled "their". 'i' before 'e' except after 'c' is just a rule of thumb. And what does Fox news have to do with any of this? You are aware that Fox news is the conservative news channel, no? CNN and especially NPR are probably more along the lines of what you were thinking.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea sure ok, but why're you throwing it in this thread?

Besides, your sarcasm was completely unwarranted since your post is against the wastefulness of America (and I totally agree with you there... feckin suburban Hummer drivers...) but Harmonic actually has a need for it so your point is invalid here. And after that, at least the diesel will get him much further than a gasoline engine will.

So I for the most part agree with everything you're saying, I just feel it's not meaningful when his lifestyle warrants that behemoth. If it were an SRT10 Dakota or an F150 Lightning then you'd be spot on. Hummers too... even if one were to go offroading, it'd be more prudent to buy a Jeep. I just dislike hummers altogether.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

a buddy of mine also has a F350 and he needs it cause he has his landscaping company so I see were your coming from doug...again best of luck
Old 11-29-2006, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Bye bye tC!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
Besides, your sarcasm was completely unwarranted since your post is against the wastefulness of America (and I totally agree with you there... feckin suburban Hummer drivers...) but Harmonic actually has a need for it so your point is invalid here. And after that, at least the diesel will get him much further than a gasoline engine will.
Sure. And reread my first post. I basically said "wow I hope you need that truck, because it bugs me when people don't need such gas guzzlers." He's the one that got defensive and started with the name calling and general degradation of the thread. I have no beef with him, nor his truck, just expressed an opinion that's all.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

if we wanted ur opinion we would have given it to u :p
im just kidding, i love my bicycle! :D i get all kinds of miles to the gallon on that, my legs dont like it though
Old 11-29-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tortus
Sorry you felt the need to get so defensive. I was merely stating an opinion. You can honestly say with a straight face that every single Hummer H2, Expedition, F-250, F-350, etc etc etc is sold to people that actually need them? Look at the average efficiency, size, weight and engine size of cars sold in Europe compared to here. Do Americans somehow have this drastically different lifestyle that demands these gigantic vehicles? Of course not.

You can spin it anyway you want, nearly $3/gallon for gas and an increase in gas prices of around 200% over the past few years is pretty much the definition of an energy crisis. The general cost of goods and services in that time frame has gone up about 4-5%. And yes, the fact that China's demand has gone way up is a very valid reason. Does that somehow make it ok to be wasteful with it? "my Hummer gets 8 mpg, but hey, the Chinese are doing it too!"

If there's no energy crisis, then why are car companies putting so much effort into alternative energy sources? Did Toyota release the Prius for the hell of it? Again, of course not.

As for being uneducated, it's spelled "their". 'i' before 'e' except after 'c' is just a rule of thumb. And what does Fox news have to do with any of this? You are aware that Fox news is the conservative news channel, no? CNN and especially NPR are probably more along the lines of what you were thinking.
I wasnt trying to start an argument. But you also put me on the defense by trying to get me to justify my purchase to you. Thats at least how i felt. As for being un-educated, i never said i was an english major, so that doesnt even pertain to what we are talking about.

as for all the crazy people that drive large vehicles just to have one is pointless, i agree. That is why i bought the tc in the first place, i didnt have a need for my tacoma pickup so i bought the tc. now i have a need for a real truck so i bought one. And i purchased a diesel which is fuel effecient and also runs on biodiesel.

I have grown up to my dad always driving large vehicles for his landscaping business and i used to drive them from time to time as well. People would attack all the time saying a large vehicle is pointless, so im used to being on the defense. Most people are uneducated about our nations resources and only know by what info has been passed down to them.

Also the cause for hybrids is due to technology advances and also oil is getting used faster which is depleating our resources faster. however there is still a good 30 years of oil supply and we still keep finding more. OPEC isnt even at full production, thats a huge part of why fuel is so expensive right now.

This debate could go on forever and id rather end it now since this thread was all about me getting a new vehicle.

Happy Motoring
Old 11-29-2006, 07:24 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: No more tC. BYE BYE, Ill miss you!!!

I know I havent been here in awhile but thats because I have been so busy with work.

Anyways, I decided to trade in the tC last week. Its an awesome car that I loved, Ijust cannot justify 3 car payments (wifes car too). It was one of the best cars ive ever owned, handeled like a dream (tien SSPs) and sounded awesome inside (Check profile for all the stuff I had in it).

I just needed something that was more functional. I needed to be able to tow toys and have room for a baby seat for the future and something to pull my landscape trailer.

So I bought a 2003 F-250 Superduty Diesel Crew Cab Short bed. It s quite a bit bigger but man is it nice to have some power, hehe. I tuned it up a TAD so im at about 310HP and 670lbs of torque. Its a monster!Surprisingly decent MPG but its a litter higher than half of what I was getting from the tC. Not bad .The truck is used for towing my landscape trailer so wish me luck!

Anyways, The dealer let me take both cars home so I could take out all the stuff I had in the tC. 2.5 days later its all out. Check the classifieds for a few items im selling.

Well here are some pics, sorry for the dark pics, im just not used to it getting dark so fast, haha

Thanks for all the memories!

Ill still be poping in from time to time. In the spring I may get back to work and make more sub boxes.

Bye Bye :D

You did EXACTLY what I want to do in another 2 years. I want the newer engine, the 6.0 with more torque than the 7.3, but.....same truck. I want to burn my tC up in mileage and then get an F250 Turbo Diesel, but black with black interior, same quad cab and same short bed. Gotta love the 6 speed manual in a truck that size.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

man... sad to see you go. you are one of the first peeps i met with a scion!

ill be interested in a few of your parts so ill try to shoot you a pm.

sean
Old 11-29-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

nice truck.. if you have a chance check out fordtruckworld.com
Old 11-30-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love the ignorance of people towards diesels. It's most unfortunate because these are the same people which have kept this entire country compliant with the whims of corporate america (also known as our "American" government).

How can you explain an incredibly cheap VW Lupo gets 70 mpg on diesel? It's not even a hybrid... hybrids are only coroporate america's way of making people think they know something.

Diesel is the future, this country is not. Please think before you speak, folks. You all can continue to pay $3 a gallon for that corpoarte Arab love juice, and our OP can simply pay about $.20 a gallon for some refined grease from McDonalds.

Plus take a guess at who's going to be polluting more. I'll give you a hint: not the OP.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:54 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am all for Diesels Always loved them and they sound soooooooo good.