Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Ogi1der's 09 tC BSP build/modding thread, New Pics Page #2 (5/18) Now with Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:19 AM
SL Member

Oh, okay. You've got a lot of tinting to do.. Tail lights, brake light, windows.. Hahah.
Nah, I like the grill. Might look better if painted black, but it looks alright the way it is.
I understand, man. I'm in high school right now, going to graduate in about two weeks. Money isn't exactly in abundance.
TRD springs wont get you much of a drop.. If you think there's even the slightest chance you'll want to go lower in the future, save up another hundred or so dollars and invest in some Raceland or Rokkor coilovers. They're cheap, decent quality, and apparently they have a good warranty. Tons of people on SL will vouch for them. I wish i had taken peoples' advice and gone with them instead of getting a set of lowering springs. I've only had them a few months and I'm itching to go lower.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ethan
Oh, okay. You've got a lot of tinting to do.. Tail lights, brake light, windows.. Hahah.
Nah, I like the grill. Might look better if painted black, but it looks alright the way it is.
I understand, man. I'm in high school right now, going to graduate in about two weeks. Money isn't exactly in abundance.
TRD springs wont get you much of a drop.. If you think there's even the slightest chance you'll want to go lower in the future, save up another hundred or so dollars and invest in some Raceland or Rokkor coilovers. They're cheap, decent quality, and apparently they have a good warranty. Tons of people on SL will vouch for them. I wish i had taken peoples' advice and gone with them instead of getting a set of lowering springs. I've only had them a few months and I'm itching to go lower.
I do not want to go lower as I live in upstate NY and we get a TON of snow here, additionally this drop will not require a aliment from what I have read.

Yes a lot of tinting is in my future lol. Also looking to do something with the headlights as far as tint goes.

The grill is going to get painted or powder coated this or next week, depends on time is all.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 AM
SL Member

Hmm. Understandable, I suppose.
Be careful with a headlight tint.. Might be illegal in NY. You could "bake" them open and tint the side markers.
Nice. Be sure to post up pics of that!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ogi1der
I do not want to go lower as I live in upstate NY and we get a TON of snow here, additionally this drop will not require a aliment from what I have read.

Yes a lot of tinting is in my future lol. Also looking to do something with the headlights as far as tint goes.

The grill is going to get painted or powder coated this or next week, depends on time is all.
Just wanted to chime in and say I will be following your thread. Your build plan sounds pretty good so far. Since this car is your daily driver I would stay away from tinting you headlights and brake lights. Reason why I say this is because 1. Why would you want to reduce you night time visibility and 2.
brake lights that are tinted during day time driving are hard to see and I have had a couple of friends who would get tapped in the rear at least twice a year. If you wanted to lower your car then a set of TRD springs will do you good and its not low at all.... just a mild drop and you can still drive it in the snow with ease. If the snow is over three inches on the road anyways your gonna have a hard time even if it wasn't lowered.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Thanks guys I really appreciate it, I am thinking about some sort of Eyebrow tint in both the tails and headlights, or am considering body color match.

TRD again are going to be my bet choice for the budget and best functionality.

The overall theme for this car is basically, in my mind, what the RS 5 should have looked like, lol.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:33 PM
SL Member

Well if you wanna make your car look like the RS 5 your going above and beyond. The RS 5 isn't much different than a normal tC. All it has is TRD Lowering Springs, Rear Swaybar, 18" Rims, Axleback Exhaust, Leather Wrapped Wheel, Special black and red cloth seats, and of course the TRD badge and number plate. If I didn't have the RS 5.0 I would go a different route. Just be unique and make a car the way you think it should be made regardless of what other people tell you. Also I would be willing to sell you my TRD Rims off my 5.0 for a premium ;). Money can buy you anything my friend.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ometta
Well if you wanna make your car look like the RS 5 your going above and beyond. The RS 5 isn't much different than a normal tC. All it has is TRD Lowering Springs, Rear Swaybar, 18" Rims, Axleback Exhaust, Leather Wrapped Wheel, Special black and red cloth seats, and of course the TRD badge and number plate. If I didn't have the RS 5.0 I would go a different route. Just be unique and make a car the way you think it should be made regardless of what other people tell you. Also I would be willing to sell you my TRD Rims off my 5.0 for a premium ;). Money can buy you anything my friend.

I would be interested in the
TRD Rims, but as I said before I am making this car the way I think that the RS 5 should look like. If it wern't for the RS 5 being black/red theme I would have gone with it anyway. I am also partial to using Toyota parts where applicable. I think it makes for a cleaner car. However the overall point is to design something that I personally love, which the above mods follow.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 PM
SL Member

Ok gotcha. I misread you last post. Making what you think is a better car is always the way to go.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Ok gotcha. I misread you last post. Making what you think is a better car is always the way to go.
Not a problem!
What would you be looking to get for the TRD RS 5 rims?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:48 PM
SL Member

Not sure exactly. It wouldn't be cheap that's for sure cause I don't really wanna get rid of them, but a good enough cash offer can change anyone's mind. Make an offer.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Not sure exactly. It wouldn't be cheap that's for sure cause I don't really wanna get rid of them, but a good enough cash offer can change anyone's mind. Make an offer.
See that is the issue as I can then buy AM rims for cheaper with a wider rim...However down the road if you want to upgrade be sure to let me know!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

***UPDATE***
For my Birthday my GF got my Windows tinted-Tinted 25/20.

While I was at the shop also got the car undercoated, there is less road noise now and it obviously will last longer as far as rust is concerned.

I got the truck mat for TRDSparks (really good deal, was like $34.xx shipped) and the regular floormats will be in this week.

I am also really pumped about my DDM HIDs, coming hopefully Thursday, 6K in color.

Pics this weekend hopefully, I cannot wait to get the HIDs installed and get some up! Thanks for following!

***PS, the plate relocation that I am working on is coming slowly but surely*** Pics up ASAP : https://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202318
Old 05-11-2011, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Here are 2 pics of the Tint.

Just got an update, HIDs won't be in until Friday. Got to wait til Sunday for install, maybe do the grill black then to!
Old 05-11-2011, 02:43 AM
SL Member

Nice tint!
Keep the updates comin!
Old 05-11-2011, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ethan
Nice tint!
Keep the updates comin!
Thank you much sir! Can't wait for the HID's
Old 05-11-2011, 11:40 PM
SL Member

Looking good! I still got to get my windows tinted yet.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You say you don't want to go any lower...but you will. Just go ahead and grab some racelands/rokkors. You can't beat em for the price. Go with a mild drop, 10-15 threads...boom. You'll love it. And if you ever wanna see how low the ride quality can get, take em down some more, beat the crap outta your self, and raise em back up if your not feeling it.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by turd.ferguson
You say you don't want to go any lower...but you will. Just go ahead and grab some racelands/rokkors. You can't beat em for the price. Go with a mild drop, 10-15 threads...boom. You'll love it. And if you ever wanna see how low the ride quality can get, take em down some more, beat the crap outta your self, and raise em back up if your not feeling it.
lol it's not that I don't want to, its that it won't be particle considering my area and my budget. With TRDs I can drop, look better, handle better and not have to swap em or raise them for the winter ;)... If I could I would do a bigger drop but I also like performance. Thank you for reading
Old 05-12-2011, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Came in Last Night... 2 days early!!
DDM Tuning HIDs 6K-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/traviscobb/5711543285/
These were a little bit of a pain in the ___ to install, the 1st light I did the rubber O-ring came off of the original light and I didn't realize it for like 10 minuets. Then to get these tightened on was a huge pain. If your hands are weak don't even think about it! lol This is the end result however. I haven't driven with them yet but will tonight!

On a different note this is the other mod I am working on, its going to be a license plate relocation with the tow hook socket. Here is where we are at ATM.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/traviscobb/5712102594/]

The plate relocation thread I have going is at: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202318

Last edited by ogi1der; 05-12-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Here ya go! License plate kit!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/traviscobb/5734398851/

Quick Reply: Ogi1der's 09 tC BSP build/modding thread, New Pics Page #2 (5/18) Now with Pricing