Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

optional's pic thread! now w/moar Bride/Corbeau/Sparco/OEM gfx/Yakima!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fewjative
The xB looks sooo much better with those rims, that was my only problem.
Yeah, I like what he's done with the stockies and he's waited till finding the perfect wheel for his car, and that is just right on the money, I'm super excited for him to have those later this summer.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha I knew it! I was wondering how your hellasunk sticker was smaller then mine and in one color!! car looks great bro your car makes me want to take the yellow vinyl off haha, but its actually protecting the glass pretty well, yellow plus the added benefit of protection is always good.

OEM front lip ftw btw, only reason I even have this lip was bc I bought it for 30 bucks lolol but if I had to get one id go for oem hands down!

the 35 IMO is so much better then the 50! id rather spend 70-80 bucks more for this lens then the 50, im happy with the buy I can't see myself taking pics with anything else anymore, for now atleast can't wait to see more pics man I love your car so much, so clean!

I like how the box is looking IMO. he's going well with the theme. there's actually a set of super advans 15 or 16's on RBwheels custom powdercoated the same green that's in his theme. its green with a polished lip. looks sick and rb doesn't want much for them either
Old 05-08-2010, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah my gf had the 50 and I just don't like it as much, glad I went right for the 35.

I'm trying to do the kami lug next and blah lugs and valve stems. Probably will skip the yellow fog vinyl although I do want eyelids and there's a guy here (alienvictim) that does awesome custom stuff like that. I'll pick his brain sometime to see what we get to.

Screw paying hella for vinyl, I'm happy with the deal I've got now, happy with the results too, he made tiny illest ones for my lens hoods too haha.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

OHHHH I WANT A TINY ONE FOR MY HOOD!!! sell me one! lol
Old 05-08-2010, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just drop me your addy and you can just have a few, they'll be metallic gold, that cool? Haha.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah man thats cool with me! i wanted a sticker for my hood too. thanks bro
Old 05-08-2010, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FlintMica2005
yeah man thats cool with me! i wanted a sticker for my hood too. thanks bro
like i said, just pm me your info and i'll just put it in an envelope, i'll post a pic of the one i have on the hood of my 35mm too in a few.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome! just pm'd you
Old 05-08-2010, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome! just pm'd you
got that, envelope sealed and addressed and stamped, and in my mailbox, obviously it's sat, so it won't go out till monday but yeah. have fun with that, put some other goodies in there too.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks alot bro! i really appreciate it, i always wanted one on the hood once i got the lens, i just didnt have any that fit haha. thank you bro!

MORE PICS!!! i cant wait to upgrade to a d90
Old 05-08-2010, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks alot bro! i really appreciate it, i always wanted one on the hood once i got the lens, i just didnt have any that fit haha. thank you bro!

MORE PICS!!! i cant wait to upgrade to a d90
Yeah I was shopping around for D40's and such when I was looking but then birthday (dec 9th)/christmas came up and I had nothing on my list, and all my friends with D80's said to get a D80 or D90 for the AF on the body and that I'd want to upgrade really soon from a D40 anyway, so I put it on my list and what do ya know, D90 kit to cover both holidays, perfectly fine with me!

Love it every time I use it, it's ability just blows me away, all the imagery I'm able to produce with it and the programs available for manipulation, just insane, it's a blast to use and I'm excited to continue learning more and more.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah man i really cant wait to upgrade this d40 i love it and all, but its time to upgrade and move on. once i get the D90 im not gonna want anything more.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you say that now man, but i'm already looking at the d300s lol.

got to play with one at a store holy jeez is it fast..
Old 05-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

uh ohh. lol i do say that now, hell i said i wouldnt upgrade once i got the d40. obviously a lie lol
Old 05-08-2010, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aaaaaaaaaand i'm bored so here's some more pictures!

Here's Mike w/ his Rebel
Here's Matt w/ his D80

Feat. my friend Matt with his blue b5 body A4 (purchased modded as it is, and the current maintenance req's are showing that), and my friend Mike with his 01 Civic LX (has wheels but no tires atm, sigh, about to look way better, he's helped me with a lot of stuff on my car as he was a tech at Toyota and currently works at Honda and has access to a lift and such for making stuff easier.)

A4 is lowered on some weird spring/shock thing, with S4 replica wheels of that year, a nice sounding exhaust, intake, chipped, it's mt with a stage 2 clutch and an s4 front grill.
Civic is lowered on ground controls with tokico blues, intake, custom exhaust, fogs, hid's, tinted, and he's got some 16" Rota slipstreams that require tires as I mentioned before.

Last edited by optional; 05-08-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aaaaaaaand a local show called subota fest, where I did a shoot with a ton of local PNW cars that showed up afterwards.

pictured is alienvictim with the silver/cf hood/viny everywhere. sigh-on with the volk te-37's and rs3 front grill, Kanchi with the silver/cf hood and vrd fogs and wilwood bbk and 5a wheels, and kuribo's xB, and a few others.

Yeah, our PNW scene is really cool and chill and friendly and it's nice to hang out with people like this, it's the people that make it all so fun.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Your car looks great! I like the hood (have one on mine). Nice pics, one suggestion, if you take pics in low light with the light coming from behind the car, try using flash fill to bring out the highlights in a dark subject. Cool to have a fellow tC and photo enthusiast!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by myotorsports
Your car looks great! I like the hood (have one on mine). Nice pics, one suggestion, if you take pics in low light with the light coming from behind the car, try using flash fill to bring out the highlights in a dark subject. Cool to have a fellow tC and photo enthusiast!
Thanks for the lighting advice and compliments!
Is yours the seivon VSII?

There's a whole ton of photography guys here on SL, check the general forums and there's a whole section of it!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your car is def nice and clean.. and the pics did turn out good. but im loving those blue volks on that fm tc in your shoot from the show. that the same color i want to paint my wheels in the next 3 weeks on my csm.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Its easy to compliment a good looking car... Yes it's the VSII, I think it was an extra $150 for a hole in it, I kind of regret it when I get caught in the rain, but it looks cool. Question, how do I get the car link under my avatar to show up? Like yours says Scion tC and others show past vehicles. Is that a function of being a regular member?

Quick Reply: optional's pic thread! now w/moar Bride/Corbeau/Sparco/OEM gfx/Yakima!