Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

optional's pic thread! now w/moar Bride/Corbeau/Sparco/OEM gfx/Yakima!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

watching for harness bar installed pics!
Old 12-05-2010, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG what's going on here!
(crappy iPhone 4 camera, dunno what those specs are on the seat, they're not really there, probably the flash and something weird, also low light, deal with it.)

Bride Ergo II's (yes, 2)
Takata Short harnesses
Sparco Harness bar
OEM lip kit
Tow hooks (might not end up on the car, there's some custom work that needs to be done on the front bumper support beam to have that one there and I don't have an air cutter)

If you've ever seen dodaddy's car, you know most of these parts then, seeing as they're off his car.

bolts and stuff everywhere... this is gonna be a long night!

You'll also never believe what I paid for all this stuff (+swap for stock replacements, etc..)
Old 12-05-2010, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Homie deals are the best, or someone in a rush to get rid of stuff because they are moving or whatever. I think some(or many) would prefer you keep the price paid to yourself, or jealousy would ensue.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let's say if you wanna know, PM me.

All interior panels back in, sideskirts and rear bumper on, tinted tails on.

Putting my FIG grills on then installing the front bumper.

Then finally finishing up the harnesses/bar/seats.

Oh yeah, they're Nukabe tow hooks btw Although I can't put them on without modifying my bumper bars and foam a lot so I'll wait on those for now as I don't have the necessary tools for that.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damnnn wish i had homie hook ups! ahhaha nice work so far bro!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seats in, harnesses in, bar set up, grills on, fogs in, all put back together, phew, still missing some hardware to finish up so I'll have to go shopping in the morning for that stuff, took a few crappy photos with mah flash on cause I was too lazy to set up the tripod and my car is super dirty cause it's winter here... so w/e.

Since it's effin' midnight here, I'll be finishing up tomorrow, shouldn't have taken so long but the hardware bag for the harness bar wasn't exactly correct.. so dangit.

I'll have to drive another car to the hardware store to get what I need.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eww dodaddy. I thought he sold the car to a private buyer? Any who, nice seats none the less. What rails are you using?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
Eww dodaddy. I thought he sold the car to a private buyer? Any who, nice seats none the less. What rails are you using?
The current owner is local and pretty cool, although he is parting the car to trade it in.

Wedge Engineerinf rails.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice tC. That was an interesting looking xB. Wasn't feeling the neon green.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good man!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looking good. those are the seats i wouldnt mind picking up when i start on my interior. but looking good.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 10gxiong
Nice tC. That was an interesting looking xB. Wasn't feeling the neon green.
Thanks man.
The xB has a good theme I think, I like the color but agree it'a not for everyone.

Originally Posted by Spd_Rcr
looks good man!
I think so too! Finally got a lip kit! Effin Bride+Takata+Sparco! Amazing combo!

Originally Posted by killatc171
looking good. those are the seats i wouldnt mind picking up when i start on my interior. but looking good.
They're amazingly comfortable and grip great. I'm 5' 10" 195lb, 34 waist, they're perfect for me, there's no seat smaller I could fit in but I don't want no fat bishes, so win win!

I must say that Erik (Kanchi) was such an amazing help yesterday with all the work that was done swapping parts from dodaddy's old tC to my car. Him (Erik) and I even swapped my stock tails for his tinted-reverse light tails! So I got another mod done yesterday I'd wanted for a while! woo.

Erik did the whole harness bar to the best he could with the hardware we were provided and that was really why I had him help cause he's got the same one already installed and being used in his car with his Corbeau A4's and harnesses, I really needed his help with that, there are no instructions haha, just kinda have to... use the hardware provided in a way that works, unfortunately it wasn't the same stuff as his came with.

I got all the bumpers off my car before the current owner of dodaddy's tC showed up so we could get everything off his car and all of my stock stuff in his car and then do my car last, that way he could take off if he wanted to (he did, it was cool/planned anyway) and then unfortunately Erik had to leave and then I put my own car back together all on my own haha, there were a few specific items that needed to be tackled that I took care of on my own too, like how to deal with the slits in the bumpers from the Nukabe tow hooks that filled those spaces and installing the grills in the new bumper w/o ruining the lip kit and of course shoving the VRD's in the bumper w/o having to cut the lip kit, it was a process but it got done!

I'm really happy with the end result on both sides, gave up some random stock pieces besides what he needed as replacements like my b-pillars and the plastic that clipped behind the OEM seat rails; and I'll finish up the harness bar hardware today.

I have to say that this harness bar isn't made specifically for the tC but it fit's like a charm and it saved me a ton of money going this route instead, got the bar and a set of stock wheels together for $100, the downtubes for $40, the hardware (some worked some didn't, might take it up with the provider to see if they'll swap stuff out) for 55, that's harness bar for at the most, $195 (realistically the bar was free, so $95), and the current maker charges 429 for the tC specific one which they designed just a few days ago for another tC here on SL allenxtc who is also local, we're really steppin the game up here in the PNW I think finally again after a slump the last year or so.

Now to just work out a stance once spring rolls around, white stocks make me look like my priorities are weird, that or I have a good winter setup along with a separate summer setup, like most people would prefer (I do, heh!)

So yeah, any questions/comments lemme know, if you're curious on pricing, PM me, and I'll hopefully have some better pics coming soon!

Last edited by optional; 12-05-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's a few new ones, waiting on a friend to come by so I can head to the hardware store to finish this up!

Old 12-05-2010, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Can we have more pictures of where you mounted the harness bar??
Old 12-05-2010, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joyride
Can we have more pictures of where you mounted the harness bar??
When I'm done, yeah. Going to the hardware store today to hopefully finish up, and if I don't I'll at least get lap belts 2-pt working so I can drive the car to the store myself to finish up. The store I want to go to isn't open so I'm settling for Lowe's today.. Gotta make sure it's all grade 5 or better as it is.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ugh.. not as much luck as I'd hoped, no luck on the eye bolts at all.. although at least the passenger seat is bolted down now...

I'm without harnesses/belts now and will have to figure something out before work tomorrow morning... then at least I can get to the store I wanted to go to in order to get the right hardware, and if that fails me then I'll head a bit more north to the tuning shop that made my hardware bag for this thing.. hastle!!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Use some zip ties heard those are safe.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I have to find a way to at least get the driver side safe-... ish. and then I can at least do whatever I need to tomorrow! RAWRGHGHGH! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

okay. Zipties and some rope. Problem solved.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

These brides are picky, it's Takata or nothing, they won't even let me try something new! Ugh. I thought 1 would be enough, but I've got 2!

Quick Reply: optional's pic thread! now w/moar Bride/Corbeau/Sparco/OEM gfx/Yakima!