Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

paintscratch has our tC color matched paint...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default paintscratch has our tC color matched paint...

just a heads up incase anybody needs touchup paint...since our cars have so much flake in them...

https://www.paintscratch.com
Old 09-03-2004, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the tip! I am ordering some soon because as I posted in another thread, a friend of mine opened my door and hit a truck, taking out a chip on my door sill.

Am I correct in assuming I should purchase the paint pen in the basecoat, clearcoat, and also ordering the rubbing compound?

Please let me know. This is also something I can fix by myself, right? It's a small chip, maybe 1/4 inch in length. Thanks for your help.

:D Heidi
Old 09-03-2004, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am gonna get some too, just not sure what kind...prob something in a smaller can or brush, hafta see what options they have, I didnt really look. Just nice to have for any little chips. u could use a permanent marker, but it dont have the flake in it.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just emailed them - they've got some of the wrong colors up and are missing a few. They're only missing Super White and Azure Pearl, but they've got 3 colors up that you can't get a tC in.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member

some _______ scratched my car from the front dorr to the rear fender!! I took it to several body shops and they all said that they need to redo the whole door and the fender, costing anwhere between 630 to 950. I want to just fill in some touch up paint for now. is Paintscratch effective?
Old 09-12-2004, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just ordered a paintscratch pen in silver streak. I got a nice chip in my rear bumper. I'll see how well it works.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member

Some of the colors are Lexus colors... so check a dealer also.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yhsu1
some _______ scratched my car from the front dorr to the rear fender!! I took it to several body shops and they all said that they need to redo the whole door and the fender, costing anwhere between 630 to 950. I want to just fill in some touch up paint for now. is Paintscratch effective?
If someone put a huge scratch in your car, no touchup paint is going to make it look anything like brand new. It will make the scratch less noticable, but it's called touch up paint for a reason - you don't touch up an 8 foot long scratch. If you care about how it looks, get it painted. Otherwise you've got a new car that's totally ____ed right from the get go.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member

If someone put a huge scratch in your car, no touchup paint is going to make it look anything like brand new. It will make the scratch less noticable, but it's called touch up paint for a reason - you don't touch up an 8 foot long scratch. If you care about how it looks, get it painted. Otherwise you've got a new car that's totally ____ed right from the get go.

that's exactly what I want to do. I don't want to fix it unless it envolves some structural damage. there are just too many _______s and idiot out there so if I repaint my car everytime someone scratch it. I will go broke in no time. making it less obvious would do it for me.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member

that's exactly what I want to do. I don't want to fix it unless it envolves some structural damage. there are just too many _______s and idiot out there so if I repaint my car everytime someone scratch it. I will go broke in no time. making it less obvious would do it for me. [/quote]
Old 09-13-2004, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The stuff I got from my dealer is called Chip-Mender. It is a paint touch up pen. Here's their website: https://secure.karboneye.com/chipmender/index.html . You gotta look under the Shop Online -->Toyota/Lexus section for the list of colors.

I'm sure you can find your color there... :D
Old 09-13-2004, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I'd be interested in finding out how that silver streak paint pen worked out. Just washed my car yesterday to find a lovely quarter-inch chip off the front of the hood. It's very ugly and noticable, and it bothers me quite a bit. Others have made a good point- it would be useless to repaint at this point, I could have another chip on it tomorrow. Plus, once it's repainted it will never look the same or match the way it looked coming from the factory. I do have to say I'm somewhat disappointed that the paint chipped that easily... the dealer claimed they put on that techseal/permaseal crap before I bought my car (it has the stickers for them on my windshield) but I told them since I hadn't asked for the stuff I wasn't going to pay for it. They said fine it's already been applied you just won't have a warranty for the stuff. I'm starting to think they're full of u-know-what.

Any suggestions on methods to cover this chip up? A friend of mine said he'd do it for me and said something about using very very fine sandpaper to sand the chip down a bit then using the paint then buffing out the chip the next day after the paint's dried... any suggestions/comments would be most welcome! :D